Christmas 2012/2013

Christmas has come and the crocheted gifts now belong to their new owners. I think all were appreciated. My family doesn't exchange gifts, I just give because I want to. After spending the last couple of months completing gifts (2 blankets, 2 shawls, 4 hats, a poncho, a scarf, an indoor Bocce ball game, a neck tie, a swiffer cover) I'm already wondering what to make for next year.

I'm thinking slippers . . . maybe. I love Christmas.

Is anyone else feeling this way?

This year I want to make less because my gifts seem to be flops and or not well liked. I usually make each (9) grandchild mittens and my dil doesn't seem to like them, so this coming year I'll make enough mittens for them all but put in a basket and tell the moms to just take a pair if they want them, instead of nice home made stockings that I make!

I do want to crochet some gag gifts for our yankee swap we do, so I'll need ideas for that :)

But ya, I'm already thinking of christmas and I, too, want to be done by the summer.

I am already working on my first doll dress for my Christmas donation dolls for 2013. DH bought me some new patterns for Christmas to use. My ami's were a hit so I will be making more for next year. The ornaments went over well, too so I want to make more of those for next year, too.

I find some people are just plan rude or thoughtless about Xmas gifts so I skip this holiday gift giving..This year I made a Shawl for my niece who is 5 it was a little toooo big but great for long term use..Hard to make when you see her once a year even when we live in the same town...I crochet for people who desire these types of gifts...I whipped about 50 hats that will get donated to the homeless here in town tomorrow and I also crocheted shawls for Hospice patients here in phoenix as well I know of 1 who received one and never took it off it keep her nice an warm during her last weeks....

I crocheted four scarves this year as gifts and so far the two that received them (haven't seen the other two yet due to conflicting times) loved them. I have learned who gets a handmade gift now.

And since I have no more immediate family and do not see any one else, my gifts go only to my friends who have become my family.

Already thinking of Christmas 2013.

LI Roe

Christmas has come and the crocheted gifts now belong to their new owners. I think all were appreciated. My family doesn't exchange gifts, I just give because I want to. After spending the last couple of months completing gifts (2 blankets, 2 shawls, 4 hats, a poncho, a scarf, an indoor Bocce ball game, a neck tie, a swiffer cover) I'm already wondering what to make for next year.

I'm thinking slippers . . . maybe. I love Christmas.

Is anyone else feeling this way?

I like the way you think. Who says "outside" games have to stay outside. I made bowling pins and a ball for my nephew (5 or 6 yrs ago). Did you use Styrofoam, pom-poms or stuffing in the balls :think ? Maybe I'll send my nephew a set for his B-Day.

Ellie 13

Oh, I've definitely started thinking of next Christmas! I didn't get around to making doll clothes for the gd's like I wanted to this year, so that is on the list for sure! I got such a good feeling this year from all the gifts that I made. I think it's because this is the first year that everyone really seemed to show their appreciation. I made Santa hats for all the grandkids and 2 of them for hubby (the first one wasn't quite right, lol). Oh, and I made a giraffe hat for my cousin. She celebrated her 60th birthday on Christmas Day and she LOVES her hat! She has been wearing it everywhere and getting compliments from everyone! LOL! Even the kitties that got my homemade toys appreciated them! The grands have even been asking for things! My gs liked an ami that I gave him last year so much that he wanted a new hat for it this year! And one of his friends liked it also and he asked me if I could make one for him for Christmas! So amis are on the list next year too. They'll probably be ready for new scarves by then....

Archived