free for kindle, kindle apps. today only, most likely

Momcrochets

Wow, thanks. I got it. Can't wait to look through it. I didn't find anything like this when I try to find the free ones.

IslandGirl, I found it via ereaderiq.com...the occasional free crochet pattern pops up in there, under the "lifestyle and home" category. HTH

Cat3Crazy, I don't know if they make that yarn either! tells you how vintage it is, I guess. I bet cotton would work though.

Thanks, I'll check it out.:)

IslandGirl, I found it via ereaderiq.com...the occasional free crochet pattern pops up in there, under the "lifestyle and home" category. HTH

Cat3Crazy, I don't know if they make that yarn either! tells you how vintage it is, I guess. I bet cotton would work though.

Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn was a very sturdy yarn made specifically for rugs and crafts. The only bad thing about it was the scratchy feel to it. I made many a throw-rug with it in my time. It can still be found here and there on the Web and also ebay. Sometimes in Re-purposed shops, thrift stores and yard sales.

However, any 5 Weight or bulkier yarn will work fine for the rugs in this vintage pattern booklet without having to double or triple up on strands used. One does need to watch the gauge though and to make sure it is machine washable. Who wants to send rugs to the dry cleaner- right?

Caron carries a craft/rug yarn that would work.

And Halcyon still carries rug yarn but, higher in price.

Archived