Finished another one.....for me!

justvicki

Just finished an afghan for my bedroom like the one I did and posted for my sister a couple of weeks ago. Same pattern - different colors; RHSS White, Light Blue, Lemon, Delft Blue and French Country.

Thanks for looking (and please overlook the water faucet and ugly wall)!

Also a picture of my porky yorkie sound asleep! :D

post-12188-135897766857_thumb.jpg

post-12188-13589776686_thumb.jpg

I love it! I printed out your instructions from the one you made your sister and I plan on trying it after I finish what I'm working on. I don't blame you for making one for yourself! Your Yorkie looks like he belongs in that 7-Up commercial or maybe it's Sierra Mist...where the dog is on his back all spread eagle in front of the air conditioner! I love that commercial! :lol

I love it! I printed out your instructions from the one you made your sister and I plan on trying it after I finish what I'm working on. I don't blame you for making one for yourself! Your Yorkie looks like he belongs in that 7-Up commercial or maybe it's Sierra Mist...where the dog is on his back all spread eagle in front of the air conditioner! I love that commercial! :lol

Thank you! Bo (my yorkie) makes himself comfortable no matter where he is (usually in the middle of whatever I am working on!).

What pretty colors together ~ very refreshing! It looks like your dog thinks so too!

Awe cute and funny pup.

Another very pretty afghan. Now I really want to be your adopted sister! :D

May I ask if you remember approx. how many skeins of each color were used?

Geez- those colors are so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

Awe cute and funny pup.

Another very pretty afghan. Now I really want to be your adopted sister! :D

May I ask if you remember approx. how many skeins of each color were used?

Geez- those colors are so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you!!

The afghan is 200 or so stitches across and each band of color consists of one row of fpdc/bpdc, three rows of a three double crochet shell stitch, and then another row of fpdc/bpdc. For that size one skein of yarn would do approximately two and a half bands. Then it took almost a complete skein to do the fpdc/bpdc on each side for a border and the picot stitch around all four sides. For the one I just finished I had a total of 17 bands.

I really like the "french country look" of the yellows, blues, and whites. The RHSS yarns I used matches my bedding perfectly.

Oh and by the way, my sister has the same bedding. We both just fell in love with it and I made her an afghan last year using the same colors. :)

Beautiful afghan! I love blues and yellow. I would keep it for myself too!

Thanks so much! My sister and I have the same bedding, but this one is definitely for me!!!

So pretty!! Your fur baby looks adorable. :)

Thank you! Actually, I have two yorkies (the other one isn't quite so porky) and they both love to add "specialty fibers" to anything I am crocheting by laying in the middle of them every chance they get!

Archived