Finished another one.....for me!

justvicki

Your afghan is beautiful love the colors you used. Doggy so cute just looks so comfy on the bed.

Thank you. They are some of my favorite color combos, too. This particular pup truly knows how to relax! :)

Thank you for the info. Gives a great insight how much yarn to stash! Hee hee hee :D

Thank you!!

The afghan is 200 or so stitches across and each band of color consists of one row of fpdc/bpdc, three rows of a three double crochet shell stitch, and then another row of fpdc/bpdc. For that size one skein of yarn would do approximately two and a half bands. Then it took almost a complete skein to do the fpdc/bpdc on each side for a border and the picot stitch around all four sides. For the one I just finished I had a total of 17 bands.

I really like the "french country look" of the yellows, blues, and whites. The RHSS yarns I used matches my bedding perfectly.

Oh and by the way, my sister has the same bedding. We both just fell in love with it and I made her an afghan last year using the same colors. :)

Thank you for the info. Gives a great insight how much yarn to stash! Hee hee hee :D

I could make a dozen of these afghans with the yarn I have stashed. In fact the two I made came from said stash. But, you know how it is; you have to wait until the perfect project comes along to use any of what you have stashed away. Thank goodness yarn doesn't really have a shelf life! :D

Archived