63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

Hi Claire -

Wow, this is exciting ,that you are so close to being done ! You have certainly kept up a steady pace and done a wonderful job. you should be very proud !

For the afghan I mentioned , I'm not thinking TINY squares... maybe 3 or 4 rounds of a granny square size . Then either tying (knotting ) or bow ties... not sure which would look best .

I know it sounds like LOTS of work ,tying all those things together, but i bet it'd be lots less work than SEWING them all together ! And I'd tie them tightly together , so there'd actually be a small space at each side, but it wouldn't be real noticeable .

Don't know if this idea is good or bad. I just sit around thinking things up all the time . :think I like to think . :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather like your pattern idea, Julie Kay! You're right, I bet it would be faster to tie those ends (and it would certainly be faster than weaving them in!). If you left the ends hanging after knotting them, it might have the same effect as tacking a quilt...hmmm. I am intrigued...but I cannot try it now...must finish 17th square...I'm going nuts with that one.

Oh MY Gosh , Julie

You have hit the dreaded preachercuss square .

Preachercuss, indeed! :lol It's finished and it's ugly and it's lumpy and it's too big. However, I am going to leave it alone for now, and move on. Maybe I'll frog it and start over, maybe I won't...grr! That was the worst one yet!

I just saw it where I tossed it on the back of the couch last night after I finished to final round. It looks like a lumpy bit of green fungi or moss. It was so pretty in the leaflet photo!

Just thought I'd drop a post in here about the raffle squares- If you havent yet mailed them, please do so by today ( Saturday) .

The deadline to have the finished afghan to Elizabeth is looming shortly, so I am gonna have to get a move on it to get it to her in time .

Thanks !

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry, but I've been so busy with the 63 squares that I haven't started the squares for you. :worried

I'll see if I can work one up during my break at work today and mail it on my way home! If not, I apologize.

On a brighter note, I've joined all my squares. I got about 15/16s of the way around with the first row of edging when I realized I had done it on the wrong side. :bang So I frogged it and did it over. Now I'm about half way through the second and last row of edging. There's still many, many ends to weave, but to be this close to finishing is amazing!

Have a good Saturday!

I finished the edging! Yay! I wish I had a digital camera so I could take a pic! As soon as I can borrow a camera, I'll post a picture!

I can't believe it's done, heh, heh, except for weaving in the ends, of course!

A great big thank you to everyone here for your kind encouragement!

I was able to get 2 more squares done yesterday, bringing my total up to 8! The numbers I have done are 2, 7, 19, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 18. And most of those have been edged and the ends woven in! (Believe me, that's a rare thing for this crocheter!):yay

Congratulations, Twinnish!:yay :yay :yay That's wonderful!

Good work, Julie! I experienced something of a lull after the infamous "preachercuss" square. I'm about half way through the "plain square" (#20, I think:think ), but I've been going more slowly over the past 2-3 days. I think the "preachercuss" square might be cursed...what do you think?

I finished the edging! Yay! I wish I had a digital camera so I could take a pic! As soon as I can borrow a camera, I'll post a picture!

CONGRATS CLAIRE!!!

You really smoked through those squares.

I don't know what has happened to me but I'm. still. joining.

I have lost all interest and I could be done in a few hours. I actually have a free weekend coming up so I (I know I've said this 52 times but I mean it this time) hope to finish soon. And post pics.

Tandi,

I can't believe I beat you! Just sit down and do it!

:cheer Go, Tandi, Go!!!! :cheer

If I can do it, so can you!

I don't think I've focused so hard on anything in my whole life! Now I'm just weaving in ends and contemplating new projects.

I went through the slump on this project way back in the beginning, especially when I was having trouble figuring out guage. Then I read some of the CAL threads and regained momentum.

Thanks again to everyone! I'll be around to offer encouragement!

Julie (phlox) - the preachercuss square was my least favorite square! Ugh! It made me dislike bobbles and popcorns for life!! :angry

Claire - Yay! Congrats!! I can't wait to see a pic!! You must be sooooo happy! :clap

Tandi - You can do it!! Now that you're back from your world travels, you can sit down and get this thing done! You'll be so happy! :)

I haven't posted for a few days, but I have been working! I now have the first 11 rose squares done! Congrats Claire on finishing (except for those darn ends :))!

I haven't made it to the "preachercuss" square yet. That one will have to wait until I get my other colors of yarn.

Hi Everyone, first I just wanted to say sorry that I have not been on lately due to alot more personal problems, but now I am about ready to get back to the land of the living. I agree now when people say that crochet is a great stress reducer because it has worked for me......I am now on square 35 :cheer

More positive thoughts from me, Susan. It's great that you have 35 done (probably more by the time you read this!)

New Julie, you are very wise for doing the edging and weaving in the ends. The aggravating thing about those ends is that they always manage to appear, no matter how many you weave in as you go along! I wove a good number, but there were still seemingly hundreds!!!

I'm still weaving them in. Of course, I've been a little lax. I think the things are growing out of the 'ghan when I'm not looking!

Thanks again for the congrats!

Susan - I hope all is well now...crochet is good for the soul, isn't it? Glad to see you're back. :)

Claire - you're so close! Keep weaving! :cheer

Just finished joining all my rows! Yep, rows. Still have the columns to go but I'm convinced for some reason they'll go faster... Possibly dilusions caused by looking at those black/white squares for so long! Really hope to finish soon!

Claire, keep weaving away! Hope to see a finished pic soon!

Susan, welcome back. I hope things have smoothed out a bit for you. It's amazing how comforting and meditative crochet can be when you need soothing!

Hi Julie and Sue! Still joining....

Yay, Tandi! It does seem to go a little faster when everything is all lined up, doesn't it? Soon you'll be putting on that border which goes super quick!! :) I can't wait to see a pic of the finished 'ghan!

We ordered a new digital camera online last night, whoo hoo! As soon as it gets here (and I figure out how to use it, and figure out how to post a pic here), you'll see it, in all its ends-woven-in glory!

Tandi, I bet you're done now! :clap

Archived