63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear I have been joining columns forever and I still have 4 left :eek!!!

I might get to do a few tonight but I leave tomorrow for a business trip to Durango and will be gone til Sunday.

Claire, glad you found a camera! I just got my own digital after Christmas and I love it!

Julie and Sue, thanks for all the encouragement. I'm sure I"m starting to wear you out...

:cowgirl Yee-Hawwww!!!

It's actually more like snowboots and long underwear:wbrr

(when you said that for some reason I pictured Pauly Shore in Son in Law:haha, but I really don't care what I have to wear as long as I get out of the office for a while... I'm excited too, we're driving, though so I'm not hoping for a huge snowstorm. Check it out, just found the cutest little yarn store in Durango. Looks like lots of fun! Also planning on visiting these Hot Springs there. I've never been to hot springs before. All we have in OK are lakes and pools. We're also taking the Durango Silverton Railway Tour. Can't wait!

Unfortunately, I won't be taking the Gajillion and One Squares afghan with me to assemble so it'll still be waiting for me when I get back.

Can you tell I'm putting off work.....?

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for the support. This group is such a wonderful group to be a part of :manyheart . Things are starting to settle down around here again but to top all that off my computer went bonkers and I had to completely restore it but now that is sailing fine again too, another case of when it rains it pours, right? Yep, crocheting has helped me so much the last few weeks, now I am already on square 46.

Crochetville is my home :cheer

HI Susan

So glad to see you back and that things are quieting down for you a little bit. I know, why is it that sometimes when one thing goes wrong, a whole bunch of things follow ?

Some people say we have to deal with difficult things to make us stronger . I tend to think that sometimes when you go through difficult things, you learn to appreciate the GOOD things even more .

I don't know.. I'm no Rocket Scientist . As if I need to tell any of you guys THAT !! :lol

Susan

I know what you mean -- but you keep on 'truckin . We are all here for you . Things will get better, you'll see . Everyone has times like that ,that a lot of crap is going on . You get really sick of trying to figure things out, work out a solution and "fix" the problem .Sometimes , it's not fixable -- you just have to learn to deal with it as it is, make the best of it and move on . I know that's easier said than done , though !

This is from the absolute all-time biggest worrier who ever walked the earth .

hi, all-

I had these squares made for my mom, and just needed to trim and join. She was here for a visit the last few days (and helped me convert me closet from clothes to a "yarn store" :rofl)

Anyway, we pulled out this WIP, and decided that she has waited so long for this, that she now needs new colors (it was done in navy, country blue, and off-white) So....it's back to "square 1". She also didn't care for the more lacy squares. I would like to join this CAL, to make the solid squares of the original and the 63 more book to FINISH an afghan for my best friend (mom).

She has requested cream, forest green, and a hint of either plum or rose. I think this time, I will use Simply Soft. After the squares for the raffle-ghan, I have decided that I really like SS squares better than RedHeart. Woo-hoo! I can't wait to get started!!!!

Wow, Sue and Julie, you are really coming along! Sue, you are almost done! What a great feeling, huh? Julie, you are one-third of the way!

LeaAnne, so, if I'm not confused (which is not outside the realm of possibility), you are making a hybrid afghan using the solid squares from the 63 and 63 more afghans? That sounds great! Nice color combo, too. But... what are you going to do with all those other squares?

hi, Claire!

No, you are not confused...Mom wants the "solid" squares from both books for her afghan. She took all of the original ones to practice joining squares. She said she can then have a nice blankie for when the gradkids come to visit. I suggested that she take the lacy ones (all off-white), and make a shawl from them... all I know is that they are gone, and that's ok. I think they carried some kind of bad energy for me anyway. Every time I took them out to finish them, I would get creatively blocked. Mom is very excited to have them, so God Bless her!

So you got to do all the fun square crocheting and Mom gets to do the onerous edging and joining and edging? That sounds like a good deal to me!

no kidding! :rofl

I am not quite sure why she thinks she needs to "learn". She is the one who taught me to crochet. I think she just wants the practice, or she just wants the blessed thing done! :wink

I talked to her a little while ago, and since she helped me set up my yarn space, she went home and went through hers. She put the squares on the back burner and is making rugs for her new apartment! Oh, well....at least I know where I come from :lol

hey, Claire,

I just moved over from here to the 63 more group. It looks like a few ladies are doing some substituting of squares like I need to...so maybe I'll see you there, too!

I admire those with the organizational skills to join more than one CAL at once. I would need four more arms on each side!

Sue, that's fantastic! I can't wait to see it! :yay

Susan -

That is just beautiful ! I keep saying I'm gonna make something with those colors and haven't done it yet. I can't remember, was this for you or someone else ? I'm sure I asked you, but my memory is about as long as my little finger .

Nice job ! I'm sure you are SO happy to have it almost complete. It was a big project !

Archived