Latest afghan for Project Linus

Afghaniac

Here's one I just finished, from a Leisure Arts pattern, changed slightly to incorporate part of Kim Guzman's border pattern to give it a lacy edge for a little girl, and I altered the color scheme somewhat to incorporate yarn I already had. Yarn is Impeccable Loops & Threads, which seems to have replaced RH SS as my standard workhorse yarn.

post-1473-135897747488_thumb.jpg

I love this, it's beautiful!! I have so much yarn I need to use up (stash bust!!) and I think I've decided to make blankets for the Linus Project :) Do you have the title of this leisure arts pattern? It's so elegant

I love this, it's beautiful!! I have so much yarn I need to use up (stash bust!!) and I think I've decided to make blankets for the Linus Project :) Do you have the title of this leisure arts pattern? It's so elegant

Thanks, glad you like it. I've been crocheting for Project Linus for a dozen or more years now, and find it very rewarding -- especially when we hear the reactions of the kids going through awful miseries who are cheered a little when they get to pick out their very own blankets. I hope you'll become a Blanketeer, too.

The pattern is called Flowers & Lace, and -- although the leaflet, "Snuggle Squares," is OOP, there is one on ebay right now. The leaflet also has a pattern called Rainbow Block, which I've also made a couple of times, and I've made another of the five patterns as well, so it was well worth the price. The border I cannibalized is at crochetkim.com, though the one in the pattern is fine, too.

For Flowers & Lace, I do recommend adding more stitches at the corners (at rounds 24 and 40, as I recall) to square it off better. I should have made notes the first time I made it!

Archived