March Charity CAL - 3/15 thru 3/20

I am so enjoying that virtual corned beef. Yah know, I have always loved that stuff since reading "Maggie and Jiggs" as a little kid.

Well I made 2 hats but then the call of the wild lapghan just kept calling my name.:llama

post-4896-135897747028_thumb.jpg

This looks better in person as my colour choices are interesting at best.

post-4896-135897747019_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am so enjoying that virtual corned beef. Yah know, I have always loved that stuff since reading "Maggie and Jiggs" as a little kid.

Well I made 2 hats but then the call of the wild lapghan just kept calling my name.:llama

[ATTACH]53502[/ATTACH][ATTACH]53503[/ATTACH]

This looks better in person as my colour choices are interesting at best.

I think it's gorgeous Darski.

I'm hoping to get some crochet time in this evening while watching some TV.

Good Morning! Oh no! I think I missed the corned beef and cabbage...maybe there are some leftovers? :)

Congratulations on all of the progress, everyone. :cheer Hopefully, today and tomorrow will include a little more crochet time.

Darski, the colors for your lapghan are wonderful together. :hook

Good morning everyone. Remember to wear your green for St. Patty's Day. According to my grandmother I'm part Irish, but I haven't found it yet in my geneology hunting. Lots of English, a little German, a lot of Welsh, and a lot of Scottish. There is also supposed to be French and Dutch somewhere in the mix.

Left over corned beef in the crock pot and it's always better the second day. Green beer on the side along with coffee and tea and Bailey's Irish Creme.

Have a wonderful day.:manyheart

"Corned beef with potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage in honor of St. Patrick's day." - Darn missed it! Sure sounds good. Hmm, left overs.

Nice day with my daughter. She fixed a nice lunch of marinated BBQ shrimp and salad with the best rosemary bread w/balsamic vinegar dipping. Even cracked open a bottle of wine for my belated birthday. Big surprise....we had sunny weather all most all day long.

One more preemie blanket done after I got home.

Good Morning! I did some more on the preemie afghan yesterday but still didn't finish it. Might get some work done on it later today, but first I have some sewing projects that need my attention. Have a great day everyone.

The thing I love about lapghans is they are so quick to make. I have to put a couple more rows if hdc on the edge then I can probably start another one. It's not like I don't have the yarn for it.

Will try for a pic tomorrow when the sum comes out again.

Good morning everyone. Went over to my friend, Rosie's, yesterday and and she and Carol and I worked on a quilt that Carol is making for a friend with cancer. First we had to undo and redo 5 blocks that got put together wrong, then Carol pinned the rows of blocks together, Rosie sewed them together, and I trimmed and pinned the strips together. The top is now together with the exception of the borders. :clap With the three of us working together we got it together in about 3 hours, which would have taken at least 9 hours for Carol by herself. Then we all went out to supper together.

Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate are all brewing. And as a taste treat we have virtual black forest cake and/or carrot cake. All without calories as we get to eat them while working on charity items. :devil

Carrot cake and coffee please, no cream or sweetener. Sure smells good.

Woke up early this morning and let myself start another preemie blanket even though I have to work today (transcription from home). Needed to "limber up my fingers" with the first nine rows. Time to change gears and get to work.

Light rain here but lightly snowing an hour north of me..will Spring ever come? I mean SPRING....sunshine, flowers blooming, pollen, sneezing, slugs eating everything....I'll not complain, I just need SUN.

I loves me some virtual Carrot Cake fer shure. Thanks. I might even do some real coffee today :wlol

I seem to have tweaked my back so sitting and crocheting is a bit of a challenge. it might have been holding the lapghan while I did the edging that did itt... ah well... the small bits don't hurt so I will get back to my piecework later tonight. I have a Dora outfit on the go just now and it is for charity so it fits the plan. :c9

I completed the edging on my lapghan and have completed one square of my next "My Blooms" afghan

post-4896-135897747584_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897747589_thumb.jpg

Now to be nice to my back and still get some crochet done. :wlol

Hi everyone. :) You all are getting lots done...unlike me. :blush But I have the rest of this afternoon to crochet!

Darlene ~ I hope you have a bright sunny day soon. :manyheart We've been cloudy for several days, which is unusual for us.

Darski ~ The lapghan is gorgeous. :hook Thank you for sharing the pattern!

Linda ~ Yesterday sounds like so much fun and you three sure got a lot done! :clap

I loves me some virtual Carrot Cake fer shure. Thanks. I might even do some real coffee today :wlol

I seem to have tweaked my back so sitting and crocheting is a bit of a challenge. it might have been holding the lapghan while I did the edging that did itt... ah well... the small bits don't hurt so I will get back to my piecework later tonight. I have a Dora outfit on the go just now and it is for charity so it fits the plan. :c9

I completed the edging on my lapghan and have completed one square of my next "My Blooms" afghan

[ATTACH]53582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53583[/ATTACH]

Beautiful work, Darski. :cheer :cheer :cheer Hope the back is better soon.

[ATTACH]53582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]53583[/ATTACH]

Very pretty work and I hope your back is feeling better.

Well I did the run to WM today so it took a big chunk out of my day. The good part is that all that bus time means that I can start a hat and get that much done at least. I'm just putting the last round of "ribbing" and it is done.

I worked a bit on my Dora pattern and I hope to finish it by deadline tomorrow. I do wish I had been able to finish that 2nd lapghan but c'est la vie :wlol

I'm hoping that I can get the 2nd lapghan to the half finished (12 squares made and joined) stage today so I am going to report either very late today or early tomorrow to get the most time that I can.

Whoo Hoo!!! Finished my second cap for this charity blitz this morning. It's going slower this month than last month. But I think that is because the pattern I am using is a variation of a pattern from the October 2011 Crochet World. It's a variation that I thought of.

I am almost liking this new version's colours better than my original. :yes

post-4896-135897748115_thumb.jpg

I'm getting all frazzled letting my mind run madly off in all directions but I will focus really, really soon. :wlol

I am almost liking this new version's colours better than my original. :yes

[ATTACH]53656[/ATTACH]

I'm getting all frazzled letting my mind run madly off in all directions but I will focus really, really soon. :wlol

I like this very much, Darski.

Good day to everyone. We've had a good run this month. Your leader hasn't accomplished a lot as life got in the way this month, but I have accomplished a lot, just not for charity. I've been doing lots of packing for a move to Texas this summer. Shelves are really getting bare now and lots of trips to this place, that place, and others.

Today is the final day unless a few of you have just a bit more to squeeze in tomorrow. Remember to post your totals in big letters and bold colors and I'll compile a list of all we accomplished. Might even get in one more project myself. :D

Coffee, tea, and cocoa are on the sideboard along with fresh from the oven coffee cake in assorted flavors. Enjoy! :devil

Darski I really like your color combinations. I've never done joining of granny squares but I do like the effect.

Work got in my way over the weekend. Two of the providers in the office I work for had deaths in the family, both their fathers, one on Sunday, the other on Monday. Though both fathers have been ill it was shocking that they passed away that close together. Office schedule is in shambles..

Here is a picture of what I was working on, the one on the right (light pink w/variegated stripe needs four more rows which I will complete this afternoon. So, my total is:

5 preemie blankets

post-7249-135897748126_thumb.jpg

Darski I really like your color combinations. I've never done joining of granny squares but I do like the effect.

Work got in my way over the weekend. Two of the providers in the office I work for had deaths in the family, both their fathers, one on Sunday, the other on Monday. Though both fathers have been ill it was shocking that they passed away that close together. Office schedule is in shambles..

Here is a picture of what I was working on, the one on the right (light pink w/variegated stripe needs four more rows which I will complete this afternoon. So, my total is:

5 preemie blankets

They are lovely, Darlene.

5 preemie blankets

I love these. I might try this idea next month just for a change-up

Archived