March Charity CAL - 3/15 thru 3/20

Well I am absolutely cheating this month. I have no idea when I finished what I am sharing, but they finally got washed over the weekend. I was just going to post these to the Boxing Day CAL and saw that I missed this one completely this month. (Today was the first day in about a month that I left work while it was still day light!)

So I'll share with both CAL's. Does anyone mind?

post-13802-135897748157_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And finally, one that my mom made. She loves to makes scrappy quilts but doesn't want to make cat mats that are not color coordinated!

post-13802-135897748165_thumb.jpg

Darski, I *love* your patten in both colors. Wow, those are pretty.

And Darlene, I have not tried a star blanket yet, but yours look like a hexagon (?), did you make that up or is the a pattern to follow. It looks a bit simpler than a star, is it?

So I made:

5 Cat Mats

Love it Darski! What pattern are you using for the square? It is very pretty in both color combos :D

Dora is adorable. I wish she was more readily available still

The pattern is available in Free original patterns:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137695

Believe it or not I still have a lot of members who have their Dora's and love the new patterns. In my mind, the "Dress Up Adventure Dora" was the best of the lot.

Interestingly enough, CPK has a new line of dolls who can wear my Dora patterns...

post-4896-135897748204_thumb.jpg

Denise, yes they are a hexagon and makeup quite quickly. I have the pattern memorized but will try to look up the source (think it was from someone here) and post it for you. I love to put stripes of color in these and it is a great way to use of small amounts of yarn. Our local NICU loves these.

FOUND THE LINK: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88496&highlight=hexagon+pattern by yarnjeanie. Click on her photo link to see teal/white stripe afghan, make to size of your choice.

Congratulations, everyone!:clap I love seeing all the pictures and reading about your accomplishments! Due to family issues, I haven't finished anything this time. :( But, I am about 1/3 through a baby ghan and 1/2 through another scarf!

Darski, I still have DD's (she's 37) Cabbage Patch dolls with their certificates. :)

I was only able to finish two child's caps for this charity blitz. The basic pattern I used was for a cap published in the October 2011 Crochet World. I tweaked it to suit me. I have started a third one tweaking it my way also. This one is for an adult though.

Drum roll please! Here are the totals for this month's charity CAL:

5 hexagonal preemie blankets

5 ubw hats

5 cat mats

1 1/2 lapghans

1 Dora outfit

10 child size hats

2 hats

1 preemie afghan

1/3 baby afghan

1/2 scarf

2 child size hats

all but the borders of a quilt top assembled (for cancer patient)

1 prayer shawl completed

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Great work everyone. Thanks for your participation! See you all next month.

Archived