March Charity CAL - 3/15 thru 3/20

This month has really flown by! Not sure where it went, but a big piece of it was having a viral infection that really knocked me for a loop.

This CAL is open to anyone who crafts for charity. Whether it's crocheting, knitting, or sewing, if it's for charity (human or animal) it counts. We get together and chat and have a good time. At the end of the time we post our totals in big, bold colors and I'll compile a list of all we accomplished. I know lots of us are doing this all the time anyway, but this is just 6 days of doing it as a group. Sometimes life gets in the way, but whether you can fit in part of one day or all six it's fine. Some of us even fudge and get an early start of carry it over a day or so and that's fine too.

I'm always amazed at how much we get done. So join us for a fun 6 days of crafting with virtual, calorie-free goodies thrown in for good measure. See you then. :manyheart

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Mary, Mary, Kathy, and Darlene! :welcome Glad to have you on board. :h5 Prayer shawls are something I always have in the works, so that will probably keep me busy. :hook

Hi Ladies! Is everyone ready? :hook I've been going through my stash and really need (want is probably a better word :lol) to buy some yarn for baby ghans. Meanwhile, I will work on scarves. See you all Thursday!

Hi everyone. Todmorrow is the starting day! I'll have green tea and green frosted mint flavored donuts ready for the virtual consumption bright and early. Since we are doing this on St. Patrick's Day weekend this year, I'll try to find a little something in honor of St. Patrick's Day each day. I've got two prayer shawls in the works. One is in cornmeal and the Celtic Knot pattern and the other is a variegated in a V-stitch pattern. See you all tomorrow.

:manyheart

Good morning. The sun is out and it is warm. The flowers and bushes and trees are blooming and this month's Charity CAL has begun. V-stitch prayer shawl is on my hook for today. :hook Tea and donuts are ready for your consumption. :devil Hope you all have a great day! :manyheart

Morning, boy a cup of tea sounds good. We are having torrential rains. At time the rain is so loud on the roof that you can't hear the TV. Have been working for a couple hours on preemie blankets. Trying to work in bright spring colors mixed with pure white. Our local NICU likes the hexagon shape and it goes quickly. They requested acrylic but I'd like to try a soft fine gauge cotton for a change. Nothing locally so will have to look on line.

OK, I'm in and I expect to make hats just cuz I can :rofl

I might start a lapghan but we'll have to see about that.

Yeeehhhhaaaaa! I love the smell of acrylics in the morning!

One hat down and how many more to go :think

:rofl

I do like this time to focus on charity. Makes it easier somehow. :wlol

It really does! Yay for finishing a hat. :clap

I missed being here yesterday, but life got in the way. :) I have one scarf started and the first two rows of a baby ripple. Hope to have more crochet time this weekend!

Didn't get to post last night as we were having lightening and thunder. We shut our computer off during those times. Finished a cap yesterday. Have started another one this morning. Not sure how many I will make during this charity blitz as some housework I really need to get on is getting in the way. Need to work/clean in my bedroom. Think I will take my crochet with me and clean/work so long then crochet so long. Everyone have a good day. May the hooks fly.

I finished two preemie blankets yesterday. Thunder, wind and waves of heavy downpour kept we awake a good portion of the night. Waiting for my coffee to prop my eyes open before I pick up a hook this morning. I won't get too much done today. Dentist appointment this morning then driving an hour to see my DD. DH forgot my birthday earlier this month so she is taking me to lunch today. Will be fun to have a girl's day. If the storm continues today and it is dark before I start home I may spend the night as I don't like to drive at night in the rain with the heavy freeway traffic. Will pack my project just in case.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning everyone. Today I'm making a virtual lunch for us to share. Corned beef with potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage in honor of St. Patrick's day. Should be ready by about 1:00. Coffee and tea are on and ready for doctoring any way you choose. There's Irish creme for those that like it. :devil

We're off to a great start! :manyheart

Good morning everyone. Today I'm making a virtual lunch for us to share. Corned beef with potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage in honor of St. Patrick's day. Should be ready by about 1:00. Coffee and tea are on and ready for doctoring any way you choose. There's Irish creme for those that like it. :devil

We're off to a great start! :manyheart

sweet tea?? if yes I'll "be there" :D

I finished two preemie blankets yesterday. Thunder, wind and waves of heavy downpour kept we awake a good portion of the night. Waiting for my coffee to prop my eyes open before I pick up a hook this morning. I won't get too much done today. Dentist appointment this morning then driving an hour to see my DD. DH forgot my birthday earlier this month so she is taking me to lunch today. Will be fun to have a girl's day. If the storm continues today and it is dark before I start home I may spend the night as I don't like to drive at night in the rain with the heavy freeway traffic. Will pack my project just in case.

Have a good day everyone.

safe traveling,and enjoy your girls day out together

Archived