Biker Comfortghan for MIL and FIL

Skoggy

(Taken me a while to buck up the courage to post this...)

Its bad enough one on parent finds out that they have a cancer but when 2 find out... there isn't really any words.

Some of you may remember me saying, ages ago, that my MIL was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She had an op to remove the tumor and is now going through all the after treatment. A month after we found this out, a tumor was found behind one of FIL's eyes. No op scheduled yet so at the moment he is having kemo and many observations. They are both in their 60s.

Every year, they spend 6 months in Sweden in there forest house in a place called Kaggebo which is on an archipelago region, and the 6 winter months they live in Spain not far from Torreveija. When they are in Spain, they spend a lot of time riding their Harley Davidsons with other motorbike riders, doing charity "Santa" runs and other fund raising activities. This year, because of the ongoing cancer treatments, they were unable to join their friends in Spain for the charity work and they've had to stay in Sweden. They haven't been in Sweden for Christmas for atleast 10 years.

I would like to make them a comfortghan in Harley Davidson colours so Black, Orange and White. I'm looking for squares in these colours, any pattern with/out motifs, Acrylic and 12". If anyone would like to help me make this comfortghan for 2 people having to put on hold their charity work because of the big "C", please PM for my address. (Remember: I live in the UK.:) )

Many thanks in advance. :hug

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Emma ~

I'm sorry for all that your family is going through. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for their strength and healing.

Please send me your address. I would be honored to participate in your special projects. I will go out and get yarn this weekend.

God bless! :hug

Hello Emma ~ I mailed two squares to you today. I hope it doesn't take too long to get to you. They were sent via First Class International, with a customs form. I hope you like them. :)

I just saw this post and would love to help out, especially since I already have the colors. I just finished a harley ghan of my own as a gift for someone. I don't know how many squares others have sent, but if you still need more, please PM me your address and I'll get on it. Do you want each square a solid color?

Thank you to DogCatMom for the 2 squares you sent to me.

Thats 10 so far from you guys. Thanks so much!!! It is really appreciated. I'll take a snap of the ones already sent so you can see how things are progressing. :)

Emma, I just saw this thread for the first time. :hug So very sorry to hear of this. I will indeed be sending you squares ASAP.

Hi

I would like to make some squares for your MIL and FIL:hug

Please pm me your address:hook

Many thanks. I've PM'd you. :hug

And thanks Tiffany :):hug

Archived