Rose here. :)

MrsForest

I'm new to this forum and somewhat new to crochet. I started crocheting around June of this year to deal with my husband's upcoming deployment (he's in the Army and this would be his second one, but thank goodness it was cut short due to the drawdown of Iraq). When he left I ironically stopped crocheting since other things got me busy (school, family, and other organizations). Fast foward to October and the untimely death of my sister (she was 26) I start crocheting to deal with her death and so far it has been really great therapy! :) I love to crochet and wish I had never taken a break. Currently I'm working on Christmas presents for my family (cute frames for my cousin, stockings for my mom, dad and nephew and a lace angel for my mom). I'm a quick learner and enjoy learning new things so here's to another bright beginning and a crochet filled year. :)

:wavingHowdee from Nashville, TN and :welcome to Crochetville. You will :heart it here. I do. :-) I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister.:hug You are right. Crochet :crocheting is therapy. Good, no excellent, therapy. My mother and oldest sister are the ones who taught me how to crochet. My mother died in 1981 and my sister in 1992 so every day when I crochet I think of them. I still miss my crochet buddies. Also I was fighting breast cancer this year and taking my crochet to all my appointments kept me calm. Since I have been a member of Crochetville I now have a whole world of crochet buddies. Visiting Crochetville each day was also very theraputic during my fight with cancer. I think you will find every one here very loving and caring. Plus we just love to talk crochet.

Hi and welcome from PA. Crocheting is great therapy, I often called it my sanity saver.

Lots of good folks here, sharing, supporting and advising. From beginners to pros we have a community that is addictive as crocheting is....Enjoy...

Archived