Squares for Survivors -now with link!!!

Crochet Buffet

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 10 ready to put in the mail...wish it could be many many more but I am Limited as to how much I can crochet (carpal tunnal) will work on more as I can ...Wow Aggie May 25 you have been a busy girl.....:cheer:clap:yay What a great project...thank you...Our church has 14 folks that have relocated to South Carolina..........

Jackie what a wonderful thing you are doing:hug My name is Lynn and I am one of the founders of Crafting For A Cause a Yahoo crafting group. I am sure I can get some of our members to help out with this cause. I will be making squares for you. Are you sure you will have enough help putting these squares together? :eek

Please email you address to me. My email is lshaffley@muchomail.com I will let you know how many other members will be doing this for your cause as well:ghug

Lynn -

I sent you an email.

Thanks for your comments. I'm very excited to do this, and am overwhelmed at the number of people who are making squares (and finished afghans) for Squares 4 Survivors!

As far as putting squares together, I have a local group that starts meeting this Saturday. We're gonna be making squares and then we're going to start putting them together.

I've already put enough squares together for 2 lapghans, and getting ready to do a third. I have received 3 completed ghans, and I know there are more on the way!

Jackie what a wonderful thing you are doing:hug My name is Lynn and I am one of the founders of Crafting For A Cause a Yahoo crafting group. I am sure I can get some of our members to help out with this cause. I will be making squares for you. Are you sure you will have enough help putting these squares together? :eek

Please email you address to me. My email is lshaffley@muchomail.com I will let you know how many other members will be doing this for your cause as well:ghug

do you need afgans too? i might have one baby sized one i can send too. let me know:) i have 12 made so far. they will be in the mail when the envelope is stuffed.

Angela -

Yep - Afghans are needed, too, since that is what the squares will be when complete.

I think I'm going to add that to the FAQ on the site, cuz I get that question ALOT!

Hey Jackie I just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget about you, I have been catching up on Remembrance Blanket requests but I still plan to make up some squares for you...got a sale today on a Caron Pounder and can't wait to get started! *hugs*

Ro

I have a box of squares that I was looking to send to a charity - mostly UFOs. I cannot guarantee they are all 6", but there are at least 50 squares in the box. If you are interested, PM me with the snail mail address. They are all boxed up - I'd just have to wait until payday to send them.

:hook

Hurricane Rita did a number on my area, and we've been without power since last Friday morning!!!

I hear rumor that we're to get power back by Saturday (10-01-05), but no one knows for sure!

It's hella hot here, and I wish I could say I'm ok.

I contacted FEMA, but they didn't declare us a disaster area yet! :hair

Please keep sending squares, as it's the only thing keeping me sane!

I'm at the library right now, but I don't know how often I'll be able to post.

Jackie,

I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time right now. My family lives in southern Mississippi and were hit hard by Katrina. They have had an awful time as well, and while I can't say I understand what you all are going through I know it can't be fun. I hope things get better for you! :hug

Well, I'm back in the land of the living-

cool air, lights, cable, internet...

I don't know *how* people survived without all that!

I know that a power outage can definetly strain all relationships!

We came home to the smell of air-conditioned rotting meat.

Yeah, it was that pleasant!

All that's cleaned up now, and we are now staring at emptiness.

Just empty.

*sigh*

I had about 2400 emails in my inbox, and some of my emails started

bouncing. I hope all the spammers got my bounced messages, and will

leave me alone (yeah, well, I can hope, right!)

Thanks to everyone who sent squares, cloths, donations, etc. for the Katrina

evacuees! It was truly a highlight!!!

We sustained roof damage from the storm. Our insurance Company says

it may be at least 2 weeks before an adjuster can come out and look.

They're still backed up from KATRINA claims.

Lots of leaks and buckling and our fan and front porch light shorted out.

A few shingles came off, but the biggest damage was the shingles some how

came unglued (are they glued up?) and then allowed the water in, and then

set the shingles back down.

Schools were out until yesterday, but Turner didn't go.

Oh, it's so good to be comfortable again!!!

I registered with FEMA, but we're not a disaster area, so they can't do anything

yet. I sure hope we get the declaration needed.

I caught on the news that 55 of the 64 LA parishes declared disaster area status

due to RITA, but I'm not sure what that means.

Anyway, we're alive and well, just rashy and sticky.

Glad you came thru it ok. The loss of material items is nothing compared to keeping your life.

I went to your website to sign up but when I clicked the join button at the bottom it just cleared all the fields. I'd really like to help out with this and would appreciate if you let me know if I signed up correctly.

Thanks

I went to your website to sign up but when I clicked the join button at the bottom it just cleared all the fields. I'd really like to help out with this and would appreciate if you let me know if I signed up correctly.

Thanks

I received your signup form, so you did it correctly!

I replied with the shipping info, and a note.;)

Thanks for helping out!

Archived