What's the biggest project you've ever frogged?

I've been working on this tunic for months. I wanted to make it for my sister. I decided today to frog it. It's actually completely done except for the hood. I must have messed up my counts all the way back at the beginning because it's really short (sits right at the top of my jeans) and tight. It looks terrible. I added a few rows below the bottom band to see if that would help but I really don't think this tunic is going to look good no matter what I do. I can make it wearable, but she won't want to.

What's the biggest thing you've ever frogged? How long did you work on it? Were you disappointed?

Ewwww, I feel for you! That's a lot to work to wind back into a ball of yarn!

I seldom frog... I just throw it in a bag in the back of the closet and call it a WIP.

Right now I'm working on a huge doily that is doing some serious ruffling that it's not supposed to. With very row I hope it will straighten itself out, but deep down I know it's doomed to be a curly doily, not flat. I don't have a lot of money invested as with a yarn project, but I've invested a lot of hours that I hate to pull out and put back on the roll.

Nice thing about frogging is it gives me the chance to try out another new pattern... but yeesh I hate the thought of ripping it out.

Hmmm. I've never heard the term "frog" before. We always just say we're taking it out. I always try to be careful and not go too far if something isn't looking right. Usually not more than 4-5 rows. I think the most I've taken out was about 15 inches of a scarf I was knitting - I didn't notice the mistake until then. It was a mess. But, I took it out, put the scarf back on the needles, and finished it. Part of the reason I prefer crochet - it's much easier to correct mistakes!

Hmmm. I've never heard the term "frog" before. We always just say we're taking it out. I always try to be careful and not go too far if something isn't looking right. Usually not more than 4-5 rows. I think the most I've taken out was about 15 inches of a scarf I was knitting - I didn't notice the mistake until then. It was a mess. But, I took it out, put the scarf back on the needles, and finished it. Part of the reason I prefer crochet - it's much easier to correct mistakes!

Frogging, you know, RIp It Rip It!

as for the largest thing, I don't know really, have been lucky a few rows of an afghan, or a couple rounds on a rr, or a couple rounds of a granny, nothing really large, i Guess I tend to be more careful on large items, or else Im just lucky! hehehe!

I have ripped out an afghan that was 3/4 of the way done. I got tired of working on it and didn't like the way it was turning out so I threw it in my WIP/disgusted pile for about a year. I pulled it back out this past winter b/c I had an idea for another afghan, which I am proud to say that I did finish. :yay

Maybe my story will make you feel better! I frogged a knitted long sleeved cardigan that was totally completed. And I knit much more slowly than I crochet! I just wasn't happy with it for several reasons. I reused the yarn to knit a pullover. Once I invest in the yarn and start the project, if I'm not really satisfied, I rip.

Maybe my story will make you feel better! I frogged a knitted long sleeved cardigan that was totally completed. And I knit much more slowly than I crochet! I just wasn't happy with it for several reasons. I reused the yarn to knit a pullover. Once I invest in the yarn and start the project, if I'm not really satisfied, I rip.

Thanks...that scarf is a story in and of itself. The finished scarf was 16 inches wide and 16 feet long. Replica of a Dr. Who scarf. It took me almost a year to knit. I taught myself to knit so I could make it for an acquaintance. He loved it. Then another acquaintance decided he wanted one, so I made a second one. He changed his mind, so I still have a monster Dr Who scarf.

Oooh.... So many of these stories made me wince and groan! Heh, I'm too new to crochet to frog. If I frogged everything I made a mistake on I wouldn't have much to show lol. Luckily, I haven't done much yet and I'm not very adventurous. Usually if I see a design I'll practice with some yarn I know I'll never use. I do some, it doesn't turn out right, I cut, and start over. OR I have made little mistakes that I notice, but they aren't bad so I keep going. Usually it's a gift so I take the they-will-love-it-cause-I-made-it-even-if-it's-a-little-messed-up road with those.

I feel for you all, especially the knitting accident people.

I also frogged an almost finished baby blanket. Just didn't see my mistake and until it was almost done. If it's not a specific gift I am making for someone, I also just throw it in a bag. I usually will eventually take it apart and reuse the yarn.

Probably the doily I'm doing now. i have redone the last row about five times as I don't like the way it lays. I crochet loose and it gets a little ruffly for lack of a better word.

post-10430-135897689877_thumb.jpg

The most aggravating "big" item that I have ever frogged was a oversize poncho done in "Harmony" yarn which is very much like Homespun. I got to the last two rows before I actually tried it on.....DUH!!!!! I slid it over my head and it fell right straight down to the floor......sheesh!!!!! I tried to add a couple of rows around the neck but couldn't get it right. Finally put the whole thing (hook, yarn, project and book) into a bag and hid it in the storage closet. Two years later I ran across it and decided to "froggit" to save the yarn for another project. Holy Manure.....what a miserable and snail pace venture THAT turned out to be. I had fuzzies floating in the air for weeks after. Every time the furnace came on all those tiny little fibers danced around the house. Ugh....what a mess.

A cardigan, that I actually wore for 2 years around the house but I never really liked it. I frogged it this spring, then used the yarn to start a top-down knit cardigan, but got to the armholes before I decided I didn't like the fit so I frogged it again. This poor yarn...it's now in a half finished crochet cardigan that I hope will be a keeper, but it's too hot to have it on my lap to work on so it's hibernating for a little while before I finish it.

PS to Sarisue--noooooo, that's so pretty, I hope you can get it to work out! Taller stitches / fewer stitches maybe? :hug

I frog as soon as I see a mistake. I had people tell me for a while to just go ahead, no one will ever notice. Well, I do! It drives me crazy and I cannot enjoy a project with an error in it. So, better to just frog as soon as I see it. I like to frog fast too -- just like a bandaid, it hurts less if you just get it over with.

Now if it is like your sweater and I just don't like the way it turned out....I throw it in a box and it is probably still in a closet somewhere. :) I have a few things like that but I "think" they are stitch-accurate as far as I could determine, anyway. :)

Archived