Purses

CrochetAmore

These are some purses I made for a recent swap partner. They are all done in purple, but my camera seems to be hiding that fact fairly well at the moment :blush

The first one is the Nordstrom Crochet Hobo Bag by Dao Lam. I used Cotton Ease in Plum and substituted the hook sizes called for with H, G, and F. It's a gorgeous purple color. I lined it with black and used black ribbon for the accent. It's an awesome pattern and works up incredibly quick! I actually ended up making a total of 4 of these purses within a matter of 4 or 5 days (although I still need to line the other 3). :hook

The next one is just a plain simple felted pouch type bag. I made it up as I went along. I used Karaoke yarn. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the colorway. :( The yarn is currently discontinued which is a shame because I really liked working with it. I absolutely love the subtle color changes!

And finally is a cute little keychain I made with some scraps of I Love This Cotton I had in an eggplant color. I didn't use a pattern for it either, but I took my inspiration from Mary Jane Hall's Purse Keychain from her book Positively Crochet!

post-19997-135897676716_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897676719_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897676722_thumb.jpg

Love the bags and keychain.

Did you make any adjustment in hook size since the pattern calls for a chunky yarn and you used cotton-ease? Just love that Nordstrom inspired bag!!!!

Love the bags and keychain.

Did you make any adjustment in hook size since the pattern calls for a chunky yarn and you used cotton-ease? Just love that Nordstrom inspired bag!!!!

Ahh, good point. I had forgotten about that. Thank you for reminding me!

Yes I did. I used H, G, and F rather than the larger ones called for. Honestly, I can't imagine how large the bag would be if I had used the materials called for because it turned out a pretty decent size.

Gorgeous! I have that Nordstrom pattern on my WIM's. Love your colors! Just not enough time in day to make all the things I want to :lol

Archived