Hobo style bag

sopo

I started this...well, we won't say when.. :lol and then it got pushed to the bag burner and all but forgotten about. I am horrible about going back to something once I lay it down. Anyway, I finished it up and lined it with one of hubby's tshirts. I used the sleeves to make two pockets.

I modified the strap to make it a hobo or messenger type bag. It's made of cotton in a variegated, solid blue and ecru rotating rounds of each. If I remade it, i would probably do it just variegated for easiness but it did create a cool look. :hook

post-44513-135897670487_thumb.jpg

post-44513-135897670489_thumb.jpg

I like this... I am looking for a good pattern for my daughter. She would like me to make her a small purse/bag for school - but it has to match her uniform. I like this style you did. Thanks for sharing.

Thank ya, everyone. The pattern is a Drops pattern called Eskimo. It's on Ravelry. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys.

such a sweet purse :) Would love to see the lining you did with the t-shirt! great job, and thanks for sharing

Not sure if I took a picture of it but here is another purse I did with a tshirt lining. No pockets on this one though. On the blue purse, I cut the sleeves of the tshirt and sewed them on 3 sides (hem up for pocket opening) to the lining before sewing it together.

http://rockin4god.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/0puckbag3.jpg

Archived