Made a killin on yarn at JoAnn's (Oh Yea!)

Boy I walked into JoAnn's at the right time today. No hubby, money in my pocket and lot's of yarn clearanced. Why? I have no idea but I didn't care. I spent 100.00 on yarn that I would have spent 200.00 on. Now the only problem is I have so much yarn I don't know where to put it. Guess it is time to start organizing it all.

Yarn is like shoes - you can never have enough

I have so much yarn - it could be an AC Moore annex.

Thank goodness the sales haven't been that good lately - I am to bring down the stash before I can justify buying more

I was in Joann yesterday (Mays Landing NJ) - no clearance there

Wow- you sure did hit it good!!! I haven't seen any great sales lately- We are heading to Maryland for a few days tomorrow- I should check Joann's and see if there are any where I'm heading and check it out!!!:devil

They had a lot of yarn on sale at Joann's here too, clearanced out. I had to really restrain myself, because I am drowning in yarn and craft supplies. :lol ...Not to mention all the charity projects I've been working on. That's why I am always in such a hurry to send swaps, etc... I don't have enough room. :help I did get some Baby Clouds and plan to make an afghan out of it soon. I have a lot on my plate though, so who knows when that will happen. Thank you for the reminder to stay away from Joann's though. :P

The Joann's near me had Stitch Nation (designed by Stitch N B*tch Deborah Stoller, dist. by Red Heart) Alpaca Love (80% wool, 20% alpaca) being clearanced for $2.79/skein. Last week, it looked like they were only getting rid of certain colors; yesterday, it looked like they were trashing the whole line. :-(

Then, yesterday, I went in to see whether I wanted to use my coupons. I ran into *another* clearance of Stitch Nation yarn; this time, the guns were trained upon Bamboo Ewe (55% viscose from bamboo; 45% wool) in a few colors. Next week...who knows?

Yesterday, I also noticed certain colors of Lion Brand's Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® on clearance. It's hard to imagine that Joann's would dump this line of yarn, but now that they have their own line of yarns (Sensation or maybe Sensational?), who knows? :angry

There were also clearance tags on many of the baby yarns, but my community-service group is full up on baby yarns for--probably--the next year, so I didn't look too closely at them.

But if any of you like pink, mauve, turquoise, teal, and similar colors in the brands I've named, check out your local Joann's and see if any skeins remain...

DCM

What kind of yarn did you get? Don't you just love those unexpected bargains!

I mostly picked up sock weight. If I can conveniently leave the hubby home tomorrow after we return from church I will stop back in at JoAnn's and pick up some more. I have another granddaughter coming in September and I need this thread LOL Yes I do LOVE great deals like this.

I was in two Joann's today and didn't find any yarn I "needed" but my daughter called and had hit a great deal on Cottontots. I'm glad I wasn't successful. since the last thing I need is more yarn!

I went to AC Moore today and Vanna's Choice yarn was 2 for $5 and then you got an extra 15% off your total purchase!! :) I stocked up for a huge graphgan project I'm planning :cheer

Sometimes it seems like they are getting rid of an entire line of yarn, but sometimes they really do just get all new colors. Just a thought... :yes But, then again, sometimes they do what Hobby Lobby did and replace an entire aisle or two with their own yarn, most of it being novelty... :yuck

I wish there was a JoAnn's nearby. I love Bamboo Ewe! It's so soft and snuggly, and if I'm not mistaken, it's usually a size three which is what most garments are made out of, and I've got so many garments on my list to make.

I have never wanted a JoAnn's so badly in my life. =(

I wish there was a JoAnn's nearby. I love Bamboo Ewe! It's so soft and snuggly, and if I'm not mistaken, it's usually a size three which is what most garments are made out of, and I've got so many garments on my list to make.

I have never wanted a JoAnn's so badly in my life. =(

Joann's *does* sell online. Here's the page with the Stitch Nation yarns. Although it's not at the full clearance price ($2.79)--it looks like those colors are gone :angry, it is at a good sale price ($3.49) vs. its normal $4.99 price.

If you use the link at the bottom of the page here at Crochetville, you can get an even better deal.

DCM

Great bargains! DH should never have left you alone to shop, lol.

Some might remember my post and the pictures of the huge amount of yarn I was blessed with at a yard sale for $4..........probably easily worth $150 or more! Not like I didn't already have that much and more at home. Who could pass that up?? Now we are in our new home in a different state and I am inching my way through my craft room trying to find room for it all......."all" meaning not only yarn, but tons of crochet hooks, crochet and knitting books and patterns, a sewing table, machine and material/patterns, a large drawing table with cabinets on each side holding pencils galore, art pens, paints, quilling supplies, ribbon, ..........oh, my!

Anyway, I'm still not sorry I bought all that yarn at a yard sale, 90% or more was brand new. :D

Archived