My Pinapple shawl for MIL

sem464

This isn't all wompy jawwed like it looks. Just a bad pic. Yes, it does have flaws, but turned out pretty good all the same. My MIL is a tiny person, but I figure she can wrap up. She always carries a sweater, because she gets cold. I figure this shawl she can wear with everything!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/chris463/pinappleshawl.jpg

That is beautiful! Wish I had enough nerve to try that project. I am such a chicken!:hen

Believe me when I tell you "You can do it". This pattern really is not bad. Just remember to make the changes listed here

Pattern correction:

at the begining on row 1 its suppose to be ch3, 16 dc in ring, ch 3 turn

round 2 is dc in next 15 dc

round 3 should be a total of 34 dc counting the turning ch

When I did a test for Stacey I came up with 15 dc in ring, giving you 15 dc for row 2. Row 3 would have a total of 32 dc. The only thing to remember is that you should end up with 11 spokes for your pineapples. So just check it there to know for sure.

The shawl is gorgeous!! What kind of yarn did you use and what size hook? I just have to try this. I just can't decide on the color - they all look so wonderful!!:think

Thank you for the comments. I used Simply Soft (about 2 1/2 skeins) & J hook. It works up pretty easy.

Your shawl looks great!! Thanks to Shari for helping me start off on the right foot--I'm almost done. And it really isn't as intimidating as it looks. If I can do it......:D

i love it. you have just saved my sanity! i was unsure of what to make for an exchange and this is perfect!!! many thanks. i had tried it with aunt lydias denim and doing graduated color cahnges but the last color chage came out horrible. i will try the simply soft. thanks for sharing.

nadine

Yay Shari!!!!! :cheer

Your Shawl turned out beautiful! You know, mine had a couple of flaws too but unless you study it stitch by stitch you would never know! I love the way the Simply Soft shimmers and drapes and is so silky soft. Good job! :clap

It's gorgeous :manyheart but I'm scared to make it too it looks complicated.

Don't let it fool you. You will be proud of yourself & amazed how easy it was, all at the same time!:eek

Archived