My Chaotic Bobble Pillow

racerose

Here's my version of the Chaotic Bobble Pillow using JoSharp's SilkRoad Tweed (on sale at elann.com). The pattern is from "Hip to Crochet", by Judith Swartz, my favorite pattern book.

This yarn is really beautiful, the picture doesn't do it justice. The pattern calls for 6 balls of this yarn; but I only needed 4 balls.... and the pillow is the correct gauge; so my suggestion is 4 balls of yarn.

Of course I haven't assembled it yet - because that's my least favorite part! But you can get the gist from the pics. Thanks for letting me share!

Front of pillow:

bobble.jpg

Back of pillow, with a line of bobble at the seam:

bobble2.jpg

Bigger pictures:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/60/7235/640/DSC00928.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/60/7235/640/DSC00931.jpg

• 2 years later...

The pillow came out great! I love the color you chose. I saw the same pattern in the Hip to Crochet book and decided to start it tonight. I am having a lot of trouble following the pattern though. Did you run into any problems? I just don't see how it's possible to create the pillow from the instructions they gave. I must be followng it wrong, but I can't figure out how.

Before I drive myself crazy, let me just explain why I'm having trouble and maybe someone can help me. This is the pattern:

foundation row of single crochets.

row 1: work 1 sc (edge stitch), *yo, insert hook in next st, (yo, draw up lp, yo, draw through first 2 lps on hook) 3 times, yo, draw through all 6 lps n hook, work 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts*, rep from * to * across row, end w/ 1 sc (edge stitch), ch 1, turn

row 2: work 1 sc in each st, ch 3, turn

I don't know where to start. When it says 3 times, does it mean to do only what's inside the parenthesis 3 times? Because that is impossible. I can't yarn over and draw up a loop if I didn't first insert the hook. So I asssume they mean to start at the asterisk and repeat 3 times which I did, but I didn't end up with 6 loops on the hook. I ended up with 4. The pattern does not make it clear if I should be inserting the hook into the same loop over and over again or if I should be moving onto the next loop. Either way, it is not turning out right. I'm not new to crochet, but I'm new to this stitch. It seems straightforward enough, but once I get into the pattern, it makes no sense. Am I completely missing something? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you.

Archived