red heart at wal mart

dottie

I was at another Walmart today and they also were $2.58 but I noticed two lone skeins of RedHeart Frosty Green Fleck over in the clearance aisle, but not priced. So (since I love to check things in any stores on the price scanners), I checked them, they were $1.50 each. Yes, they came home with me. Then, of course, I had to pull a fews off the regular aisle, hoping they were reduced. No luck. So I will wait. At the rate that prices are increasing, I will pick up whatever is on sale. I also do a lot of charity crocheting (right now have eight hat and scarf sets, four single scarves and three single hats done, everything else was delivered before the holidays, am stocking up for this year now) and my volunteer group reimburses us so I like to get things on sale so they can see we get more for their money. Then I stopped at a discount store on the way home and picked up more RedHeart, some colors no longer available. They had it 50% off but since I was walking and didn't have my car, could only take what I could carry home. I know, I am so bad.

LI Roe

Bummer...it would be almost cheaper to find it online on sale.

I notice our local Walmart is dwindling in their yarn selections. The one a little further away still has a nice amount.

I was at a Walmart last night and found their RHSS "one pound" put-ups are now only 14 oz. and they were more than $5.50 each :angry

I HATE when companies do that! Like we aren't going to notice...

Blame Mideast/oil problems. Acrylic is a petroleum product. Some believe we should shun acrylic yarn along with plastic bags.

Oh, Lord, I forgot that... :eek

Yup that is soo true - anything made with resin's, plastics or petroleum bases has shot up because of that -

not only has the crafting industry been hit - but the construction materials too -

just go to any home improvement store and everything from rope (the plastic kind) to tarps, glues, some paints, pressboard, all of it has gone sky high!:(

Yup that is soo true - anything made with resin's, plastics or petroleum bases has shot up because of that -

not only has the crafting industry been hit - but the construction materials too -

just go to any home improvement store and everything from rope (the plastic kind) to tarps, glues, some paints, pressboard, all of it has gone sky high!:(

:worried What I find the most vexing is the sky-high price of laundry detergent -- something that was not always such a big budget consideration. But I am trying to cut down on per-load amounts, since I read that the new machines (also dishwashers) use less water, therefore require less detergent.

I called both my Wal-Marts to see if any of the yarn was clearenced and asked why the price went back up and she said that the yarn came off of Rollback, it had always been $2.58 until the price was rolled back.

I have noticed that just about everything at Walmart has increased in price!

From stuffing, to cat food, to milk.

They are no longer the cheapest price to grocery shop around here.

yes all my usual walmart food items have gone up/and so agree on laundry soap this is making me want to boil up a caldron and make my own soap<yikes> ..yarn price increase makes me want to run to my Micheal's and buy a bunch of caron pounders that are on sale for 5.99 in the basic colors offered which isn't that interesting but can always use black/brown/beige etc. no telling how long before they raise the price of those even on sale then interchange with with what I got..so I can sleep at night haha wondering if I could raise a few sheep in my spare bedroom!

..so I can sleep at night haha wondering if I could raise a few sheep in my spare bedroom!

Hey, if you have a big backyard, you could keep them back there and have them keep your lawn trimmed...a win-win if I've ever heard one! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Archived