Our House Part Two

JulieKay

It looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day here- just finished a square that I'm going to ship out to Tammy along with the SBT, so I'll be heading out to the PO in a bit.

Have a good day at work Marisa!

Julie- Forgot to answer you about the yarn buys yesterday! No plans for any of it- other than probably making some more SBT's since they are so easy and I love how they turn out! Although I didn't get any baby yarn, I do have some co-workers who are expecting babies so will probably use some of it to make some baby ghans- once they are washed, they'll be nice and soft. I got some TLC essentials, Patons Decor, Debbie Stoller Bamboo Ewe, Lion Brand Microspun, Paton's sock yarn, Red Heart Eco-Ways Bamboo wool, Bernat Jacquards and Bernat Boucle It was a great chance to try new yarns because if I don't like it, it's only 97 cents that I spent!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey ladies

Been a long time since we had many questionnaires in here ,so thought I'd come up with one that has all NUMBERS for your answers .

1- How many times in your lifetime have you moved ?

2-How many siblings do you have ?

3-What year were you born ?

4- What year did you graduate ?

5-How many different school buildings did you attend throughout life ?

6-How many times have you been married ?

7-How many kids do you have ?

8-How many grandkids do you have ?

9-How many pets do you have,and how many have you had in your lifetime ?

0 now, 1 cat as a kid,2 goldfish that croaked shortly after purchase. Burial at sea .

10- How many states have you at least driven through,even if you may not have stayed long enough to spend a night ?

11 -Can you name a book or movie that has a number in the title ?

3 Billy Goats Gruff

12 -How many rooms are in your current house ?

13 -How many times per week do you eat dessert ?

2 ?

14 - How many aunts & uncles do you have ?

1 aunt,1 uncle (left)

15- How many placeshave you been outside the US ?

16 -On average,how many crochet projects do you have going at any one time ?

1 -not good at juggling

17-What time do you normally wake up each day ? And what time do you go to bed each night ?

5 AM, 9 or 10 pm

18- What age is the oldest relative you have ever had ( lived the most years ) ?

19- How many cars have you yourself owned in your lifetime so far ?

20- How many skeins of yarn would you estimate you currently have in your house ? ( just a guess, you dont have to count ) :D

10 ???? Don't have much,since I cant use it .

Hey ladies

Been a long time since we had many questionnaires in here ,so thought I'd come up with one that has all NUMBERS for your answers .

1- How many times in your lifetime have you moved ? 12

2-How many siblings do you have ? 3

3-What year were you born ? 1955

4- What year did you graduate ? HS 1973, College 2008

5-How many different school buildings did you attend throughout life ? 3 (but there were many buildings at college- too many to count/or remember)

6-How many times have you been married ? 2

7-How many kids do you have ? 3

8-How many grandkids do you have ? 4 step, 1 grandson on the way

9-How many pets do you have,and how many have you had in your lifetime ? 0 pets currently- in my lifetime- 1

10- How many states have you at least driven through,even if you may not have stayed long enough to spend a night ? 22 (had to look at a map:lol)

11 -Can you name a book or movie that has a number in the title ? One Flew over the Cukoo's Nest

12 -How many rooms are in your current house ? 10

13 -How many times per week do you eat dessert ? probably 7;)

14 - How many aunts & uncles do you have ? 1 living (uncle) (Mom only had 2 brothers, and Dad was an only child)

15- How many places have you been outside the US ? 2

16 -On average,how many crochet projects do you have going at any one time ? 2

17-What time do you normally wake up each day ? And what time do you go to bed each night ? 5:00-5:15 AM, 11-11:30 PM

18- What age is the oldest relative you have ever had ( lived the most years ) ? 94

19- How many cars have you yourself owned in your lifetime so far ? You are really testing my memory here:lol 10???

20- How many skeins of yarn would you estimate you currently have in your house ? ( just a guess, you dont have to count ) :D

OMG- Too many- probably around 100:lol

Joanne

Where have you been outside the US ?

I forgot to count Canada when I was a kid -Niagara Falls --

Canada and Bermuda

Niagra Falls, Montreal and Quebec is where I've been in Canada. Went to Bermuda twice- it's beautiful there.

Hey ladies

1- How many times in your lifetime have you moved ? Im going on 12 now, but that includes in and out of dorms too.

2-How many siblings do you have ? 2, 1 brother and 1 sister

3-What year were you born ? 1979

4- What year did you graduate ? High school 1996

5-How many different school buildings did you attend throughout life ? Buildings :think (I'll just go with schools since most of them had more than 1 building) so all the way back to kindergarden......10 :eek

6-How many times have you been married ? 0, engaged once

7-How many kids do you have ? 0

8-How many grandkids do you have ? 0

9-How many pets do you have,and how many have you had in your lifetime ? Currently 2 turtles....3 dogs throughout my childhood, oh and a hampster :yes

10- How many states have you at least driven through,even if you may not have stayed long enough to spend a night ? wow, give me a minute on this one.........23!

11 -Can you name a book or movie that has a number in the title ? Seven (movie)

12 -How many rooms are in your current house ? 7

13 -How many times per week do you eat dessert ? Maybe 4 :think depends if I bake that week :lol

14 - How many aunts & uncles do you have ? Immediate ones....10

15- How many placeshave you been outside the US ? 4

16 -On average,how many crochet projects do you have going at any one time ? 2-5 :lol

17-What time do you normally wake up each day ? And what time do you go to bed each night ? Up at 6 mon, wed, fri and 7:20 on tues, thurs. Not working about 8ish. Bed, I try to go up at about 10:30 and read a bit before sleeping

18- What age is the oldest relative you have ever had ( lived the most years ) ? Not sure, I'd have to ask my mom, but her mom was 86 when she passed I think.

19- How many cars have you yourself owned in your lifetime so far ? 5 and 1 motorcycle :D

Hmmmm, a guess......I'll go with at least 60 :eek

Good morning everyone. Rough night last night. My joints were giving me fits and when they finally calmed down I started having cramps in my feet and calves. Got up at 2:00 and took some Ibuprofen (I know. I'm not supposed to take it, but had to have some relief.) and when it kicked in an hour later was finally able to sleep. The right calf knotted up again the minute I started to get out of bed. Yikes!

Last night I went over to Rosie's and we watched the first half of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings. I wanted her to see the beginning and see how the Hobbits lived and how the adventure got started. Well she is hooked on it now. We quit at the halfway point, just after the fellowship was formed, because it was getting late and that is the only real stopping point until the end. We'll finish it probably on Friday night or over the weekend.

No big plans for the weekend that I'm aware of at this point.

Tonight is the Prayer Shawl ministry gathering and I'm hoping to get to go. John put it on his calendar at work, which improves the odds.

Hi Joanne

Sounds like you guys are thoroughly enjoying your time off,and what a way to spend part of your time (and a little money) to get such a big pile of yarn. What all type did you get for that price ,and what are you going to make with it, or do you know yet ?

I remembered the new baby was your husband's grandbaby and they lived far away ,but it'll still be your grandbaby too . A baby can never have too many grandmas and grandpas that want to pick him up and spend time with him .

Oh, so true, Julie. The more loving adults involved the better.

Good evening ladies :hi

Work wasn't bad today and again we had periods of busy vs slow. My boss stopped by today, he was meeting with some other people. Anyhow, I'm off for the last week of July and then back to work 2 more weeks before I finish and he told me to head to the other office for those 2 weeks for these guys to get used to it without me, but yet I'd still be close enough if needed. And to just do some receptionist stuff over there and that since it's super slow there, I can feel free to make calls and do the things that need to be done for my office and my move :D His words....just hang out for a couple weeks!!!! :lol

!!!!

Good for him! It will probably be a bit boring just "hanging out" but better for them to get a feel for working together, with you to help out in an emergency, than just be left to work it out for better or for worse with no back up around.

Hey ladies

1- How many times in your lifetime have you moved ? Seven

2-How many siblings do you have ? Two

3-What year were you born ? 1950

4- What year did you graduate ? 1968 from HS, 1971 from nursing school, 1986 BA in Psychology, and 1992 BS in Accounting

5-How many different school buildings did you attend throughout life ? 5 through HS, at least 10 after that.

6-How many times have you been married ? Once

7-How many kids do you have ? Two

8-How many grandkids do you have ? One

9-How many pets do you have,and how many have you had in your lifetime ? One dog presently and at least 11 cats and dogs in the past

10- How many states have you at least driven through,even if you may not have stayed long enough to spend a night ? At least 30

11 -Can you name a book or movie that has a number in the title ? Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

12 -How many rooms are in your current house ? Twelve

13 -How many times per week do you eat dessert ? Two

14 - How many aunts & uncles do you have ? All deceased

15- How many places have you been outside the US ? Two, Canada & Mexico

16 -On average,how many crochet projects do you have going at any one time ? 3-4 that I'm actively working on, but at least a dozen WIPS in progress

17-What time do you normally wake up each day ? And what time do you go to bed each night ? 8:00 - 9:00 and 10:30 - 11:30

18- What age is the oldest relative you have ever had ( lived the most years ) ? My Great-Grandmother was 98

19- How many cars have you yourself owned in your lifetime so far ? Seven

:think 75 - 100, maybe more.

(.

((..

((...GoOd MoRnInG hOuSe!

Thank you all sooooooooooooooooooo very much for your love and prayers! :hug God is so good! Hubby's fever broke late last night. He's sleeping in this morning. We'll see if he goes to work or not.

I'm just sittin' here waiting for another pot of coffee to brew while I catch up here on the 'ville. The sun is shinning (which is good thing! the flooding has gotten awful!!!!) Its nice and warm out. I have uniforms to wash uniforms again today for ball games tonight. We got home late last night and didnt feel like messing with laundry then.

Yesterday Patrick taught pitching to a class of about a dozen boys. He had so much fun! Michael.. (my little catcher) caught for the boys when they finally got to try what they learned. Michael loved it! Now David (my little bug guy/explorer) spent the time finding ............

This birdie...........

post-18634-135897671154_thumb.jpg

This very large butterfly............

post-18634-135897671163_thumb.jpg

and building a monkey tree with a bunch of his stuffed friends....LOL

post-18634-135897671185_thumb.jpg

okay... coffee maker is making that last gurgling sound when its done brewing.

Need my refill! Catch up more later

:heart

:mug

Back from the Post office.

Tammy- A Delft blue square and Delft Blue and Soft White SBT are on their way!!! Hope that the auction is a big success!!

Linda- Sorry that your joints are giving you fits,and I hope that John gets home in time so you can go to the prayer shawl ministry tonight!

Julie- Yes, Bermuda has the most beautiful aquarmarine blue water that you can see clear to the bottom- absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one with 100 or more skeins of yarn:lol:lol Now I have to figure out where I'm going to put all my new yarn!!!

****HHHHHHHIIIIIII**** HHHHHHIIIIIII!!!!

I know it's not "F"oto "Friday" but before I break my camera AGAIN!!! I needed to post these photos!! I LOVE my goodies from Sue!!! (I hope she isn't disappointed w/ my goodies)

All is well here, just been working, working, working----did I mention working? lol And trying to keep life on the straight and narrow path!! GEEEEEE WHIZZZZZLE I want to scream!!!

Hopefully some time today I will get to catch up on posts!

post-35667-135897671197_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897671199_thumb.jpg

1- How many times in your lifetime have you moved ? minimum of 25

2-How many siblings do you have ? 3

3-What year were you born ? 1945

4- What year did you graduate ? 1963

5-How many different school buildings did you attend throughout life ? 6

7-How many kids do you have ? 2

8-How many grandkids do you have ? 1 1.5 great grands (.5 will be born 8/17)

9-How many pets do you have,and how many have you had in your lifetime ? 4/too many to count

10- How many states have you at least driven through,even if you may not have stayed long enough to spend a night ? 19

11 -Can you name a book or movie that has a number in the title ? 9 to 5

12 -How many rooms are in your current house ? 6

13 -How many times per week do you eat dessert ? do juice bars count?

14 - How many aunts & uncles do you have ? 1

15- How many places have you been outside the US ?3

16 -On average,how many crochet projects do you have going at any one time ?5

17-What time do you normally wake up each day ?5-5:30 And what time do you go to bed each night ?10:30

18- What age is the oldest relative you have ever had ( lived the most years ) ? 96

19- How many cars have you yourself owned in your lifetime so far ? at least 20

20- How many skeins of yarn would you estimate you currently have in your house ? ( just a guess, you dont have to count )more than I care to admit

****HHHHHHHIIIIIII**** HHHHHHIIIIIII!!!!

I know it's not "F"oto "Friday" but before I break my camera AGAIN!!! I needed to post these photos!! I LOVE my goodies from Sue!!! (I hope she isn't disappointed w/ my goodies)

All is well here, just been working, working, working----did I mention working? lol And trying to keep life on the straight and narrow path!! GEEEEEE WHIZZZZZLE I want to scream!!!

Hopefully some time today I will get to catch up on posts!

beautiful tote and goodies... and beautiful YOU!

nice to see you :D

:heart

:mug

Went to Home Goods and got some nice containers to put my new yarn in!! I lucked out there!!! Now we're watching the Yankees and I'm going to start another project...not sure what yet....maybe another SBT???

Kiyo- HI there---great to "see" you- love the tote you got!!! Hang in there with your busy, busy life!!!!

Hi, ladies....I'm back:)

I LOVED having my baby brother and his wife here...as did Sparkie and Lucy! It was a wonderful 2 1/2 days! They're very laid back so we did a litle (went to the beach and walked the boardwalk one day) and rested and talked a lot back at our house.

Me and the pups are going to miss them...I miss him already:( I can't believe he has white hair -at "only" 56!

He took pics, so when I get them I'll share.

DS joined us for dinner last night, too, which was so nice:c9

Right now I'm washing our clothes....sheets and towels. The usual stuff after the house becomes yours again.

Missed you guys!

Hi guys

A quick check in again .

Linda

So sorry to hear you had such a rough night last night. Sure hope tonite goes better. The nights like that make you feel tired all day ,dont they ?

Tam

Great news on your husband. I am glad his fever is gone again .

Joanne

Glad you found some containers to put all your yarn so it is organized .

Kiyo

Thanks for the photos -- love the bag you got --very pretty colors .

Hope life slows down a bit for you soon .

Hey Jude

Been thinking of you this week,was gonna shoot you an email but knew you were busy with company. I'm glad you guys got the chance to catch up !

Wow, Toni

You have done lots of moving in your lifetime ! That'd be so exciting .

And where were you outside the US ? I always like hearing about other places,since we dont do much "going" anyplace. We are pretty much homebodies here and rarely take vacations . Once in a blue moon .

Hello everybody,

Didn't get a chance to check in the last 2 days. Sending out electronic applications and resumes.

Joanne - Glad you had a good vacation and made it home safely.

Mary - Hope you feel better

Marlene -Thanks. I hope your DH feels better soon.

Linda - Gorgeous quilt. I get severe cramps all the time. If I take Hyland's Leg cramps with Quinine daily, I don't get them. If you don't take them and you get a cramp...it only takes a few minutes for them to relieve the pain. CVS also has their version. It is over the counter and located with the aspirins and pain relievers. It's a wonder drug.

Cindy - Praying with you for your mom.

Julie - Hope you get use to your new meds soon.

Tam - Glad DH's fever broke.

Tab - Lily is adorable

Toni - what part of Alabama do you live in. I'm from Alabaster.

Kiyo - Beautiful bag.

Welcome back home, Judy!! Glad to hear you had a great visit with your DB and his wife!! Just finished watching the Yankees win- CC pitched awesome!!!! So nice to spend a weekday afternoon watching some baseball.

After dinner, I think DH and I are going to go down to the bay for a while- it's so nice outside!!!

Val- How's the organizing coming along? Good luck with the job search!

Cindy- Thinking about you and wondering if Mom came home today- hoping all goes well!!

Hey ladies

1- How many times in your lifetime have you moved ? 7

2-How many siblings do you have ? 4

3-What year were you born ? 1957

4- What year did you graduate ? 1975

5-How many different school buildings did you attend throughout life ? 8...This includes several colleges. I went to whatever college was offering the classes I needed. I only went to 2 undergraduate schools...elementary/middle & high school

6-How many times have you been married ? 0

7-How many kids do you have ?

8-How many grandkids do you have ? 0

9-How many pets do you have,and how many have you had in your lifetime ? 1 & 2

10- How many states have you at least driven through,even if you may not have stayed long enough to spend a night ? 12

12 -How many rooms are in your current house ? 8

13 -How many times per week do you eat dessert ? 0

14 - How many aunts & uncles do you have ? 10

15- How many placeshave you been outside the US ? 1

16 -On average,how many crochet projects do you have going at any one time ? 4

17-What time do you normally wake up each day? 5a And what time do you go to bed each night ? between midnight & 2a...I take naps during the day.

18- What age is the oldest relative you have ever had ( lived the most years ) ? My great aunt who was like a greatmother to me (my granny's oldest sister) passed a month before her 107th BD.

19- How many cars have you yourself owned in your lifetime so far ? 6

20- How many skeins of yarn would you estimate you currently have in your house ? between 200-300 ( just a guess, you dont have to count ) :D

I didn't count and I'm still pulling out yarn. The above total is an estimate of what's in the cubes because it easily visible.

I missed 2 questions...# of kid? 0

Movie/book with a # in? 101 Dalmations

Joanne - my organizing has come to a halt. I pick up wips and start crocheting. I've finished the body of 2 Noah's Ark blankets, just got to put on the animals.

Almost finished a buddy's blanket. Just gotta put on the eye, mouth etc.

Hey ladies

1- How many times in your lifetime have you moved ? 15

2-How many siblings do you have ? 7 2 sisters and 5 brothers

3-What year were you born ? 1956

4- What year did you graduate ? 1974

5-How many different school buildings did you attend throughout life ? 4

7-How many kids do you have ? 2 and a stepdaughter

8-How many grandkids do you have ? 8

9-How many pets do you have,and how many have you had in your lifetime ? no pets, 4 maybe more

10- How many states have you at least driven through,even if you may not have stayed long enough to spend a night ? 15

12 -How many rooms are in your current house ? 4

13 -How many times per week do you eat dessert ? 5-7 my ice cream

14 - How many aunts & uncles do you have ? 1 Great Aunt, 4 Aunts, 2 Uncles

15- How many placeshave you been outside the US ? 1 Canada

16 -On average,how many crochet projects do you have going at any one time ? 1

17-What time do you normally wake up each day ? And what time do you go to bed each night ? 6 or 7

18- What age is the oldest relative you have ever had ( lived the most years ) ? 94 my Great Grandma

19- How many cars have you yourself owned in your lifetime so far ? 17

at least 60 counting my cotton.

Hi Ladies,

We are almost ready to head out the door and I wanted to stop in here and tell everyone to have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend. I'll catch you all monday or tuesday. :hug

Back from chemo and groceries. Fed all the furples, put things away, just put on my jammies and getting ready to chill out with the cotton SBT I just started :lol

Joanne, you've really hit the deals with your shopping. What type containers did you get for your yarn? I need to bet about two more either totes or the 3 drawer ones.

Tam, glad the fever has broken.

Julie, I was in Germany, France (layover in airport but saw the tower) and oh yes the Bahamas!!! Most of the moving was when I was young and I hated it. I like having my feet planted in one spot :lol

Judy, glad you enjoyed your brother's visit.

Valerie, I live between Fort Payne and Collinsville, not sure how far that is from you.

All Y'all have a great 4th. I'll be in and out all weekend. No big plans here. :hug :hug :hug

Archived