Football Player who Crochets

thecrochetdude

cool, ya know my husband offered to learn to crochet and do it with me if i will go to the shooting range with him more often. what a doll.

also, my new 15 year old stepbrother took crocheting as a elective in school and it really helped him learn to focus better--he is adhd.:cheer

• 6 months later...
cool, ya know my husband offered to learn to crochet and do it with me if i will go to the shooting range with him more often. what a doll.

also, my new 15 year old stepbrother took crocheting as a elective in school and it really helped him learn to focus better--he is adhd.:cheer

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm new here and thought it would be a great article for other new members to see, too. I'm sending my boyfriend the link.

Neenas3, that's a cool school your stepbrother goes to. I've heard that Waldorf School teaches knitting, but I wish I could have taken crocheting as an elective!

I had never seen the article before this morning and I thought it was my duty to write to the reporter.....boy now who looks dumb, it's such an old article...:blush

Oh well at least he knows that we don't let things like "crochet needles" slide no matter how old the article!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a reply from the reporter almost immediately, here it is!!

Sent : March 3, 2006 1:58:55 PM

To :

Subject : RE: Ian Johnsonspacer.gif

Can't believe I'm still getting these e-mails after six months, but as I told everyone at the time, I looked up crochet in a dictionary, and it said it was done with a "hooked needle." Plus, Ian called it a needle.

I can see it now..

"God, please make the crazy hook-lads and ladies from heck stop e-mailing me. I have learned to be a better fact checker. Don't you love me? Please, for the love of all that is good, God, make them stop. *sob* Amen! *sob*"

Well I sent a email to the writer and this is his response:

" I've gotten a bunch of these, and I've told all of them that when I looked up crocheting in the dictionary, it said it was done with a "hooked needle." Plus Ian called it a needle."

Cripe, Chadd ccripe@idahostatesman.com

I guess that is suppose to make it right? :manyheart

Archived