Parhelion

Rodent Afghan

It's time I come clean--I'm a rat-o-holic. I currently have four of the little darlings and I adore each and every one of them.

And spoil them rotten. :P

post-45325-135897613253_thumb.jpg

Yes...I crocheted a tiny afghan for one of my rats. Just simple triple crochet in a super bulky yarn using a big (I think it was a size P) hook. Nothing special, really...but Remington loves it.

(Note: normally I wouldn't recommend synthetics for rodents as they are apt to chew them apart and potentially swallow some of the yarn. This particular rat, however, is not a chewer by any means. It's still in-tact even 18 months later! Well...it has been clawed quite a bit. :P)

• Like 1

that is awesome. I had rats years ago and loved them dearly wish I would have crocheted back then, I would have made them one of these

that is awesome. I had rats years ago and loved them dearly wish I would have crocheted back then, I would have made them one of these

Thanks. :)

It's nice since he's a solo rat...it keeps him warm in our drafty living room. :P

I LOVE rats also. I have one, originally my Boy friends rat BUT the rat likes girls better SO I adopted her. Her name is Lil Miss!!! She's a sweetie pie!!!

Love the lil rat blanket. So cute!! Great idea!!

Julee

My daughter had rats, I can't tell you how many things I had to crochet for them, hammocks, blankets, sweaters for the hairless. Enjoy.

lol I had 5 ratties at one time once :) one was HUGE!. and i mean HUGE>

I was at the petstore gettin something for my ferrets when I walk past the rat cage.. and this massive rat catch's my eyes., and iI just had to have ihm but had NO cage. so I said. to myself. (if i can find a cage by friday and he's still here He's mine) well my friend saw him a few days later and called o ask if i I saw this massive rat. an I told her yes and i'm gonna get him if he's there friday. I just need a cage.. well she bought me the rattie for a birthday gift!!!. and i found the cage!

that is a cute blanket.. Hugo didnt chew either.. but My other ratties did.

Very cute! S/he is adorable. Your very lucky to have one that isn't a chewer and can crochet things for. I have in the past crocheted tunnels for my rattys but they really didn't last long at all. But they did have fun destroying them though lol. I have 4 at the moment, 2 male's and 2 females.

So cute!

I've heard Wonderful things about rats and the loving pets they make. Seriously considering getting one.

It's time I come clean--I'm a rat-o-holic. I currently have four of the little darlings and I adore each and every one of them.

And spoil them rotten. :P

[ATTACH]32805[/ATTACH]

Yes...I crocheted a tiny afghan for one of my rats. Just simple triple crochet in a super bulky yarn using a big (I think it was a size P) hook. Nothing special, really...but Remington loves it.

(Note: normally I wouldn't recommend synthetics for rodents as they are apt to chew them apart and potentially swallow some of the yarn. This particular rat, however, is not a chewer by any means. It's still in-tact even 18 months later! Well...it has been clawed quite a bit. :P)

What a cutie pie......I had a rat when I was younger but can't have one now. But they do make great pets and are very loving, my little man's name was Orbie and I do miss him.

Its wonderful that you care enough about your Remington(great name) to make him a afgahn.

Aww that's too cute! I am thinking of crocheting my dog a little blanket for her to curl up on in our office, since my husband and I are in there a lot during the week. I think I'm going to make it out of fabric ribbon that I've seen at the craft stores, my dog isn't a chewer but my husbands cat is... lol.