2011 WIP-buster CAL

basjordan

So, I have this one day free, all to myself. So far, other than napping, I have been using it to weave ends in on various projects. Unfortunately, they are swap projects so I can't show pictures right now, but still... anyway, so far what I have accomplished is a +6 so far for the week (completed 5 and ripped out one). This could be a pretty awesome week for my score! :D

That's awesome!!! Your score will be hard to top.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week ending 6-11-2011:

Gold To kraftynkrazy with WTD = +7 YTD = + 9

silver to fc1123 with

WTD:0/YTD:24

Bronze to Crafty Witch with -1 WTD/-3YTD

Congrats to those who have finished projects, and to those who have started something new and hopefully exciting and fun!

I have almost finished off a baby blanket I have been working on, but ran out of yarn so it returns to the WIP pile until I get to Hobby Lobby. In the meantime, I have begun another project for a swap I am in so my current score is a -1. :(

I'm sorry I didn't get on-line yesterday to post scores. We celebrated Father's Day and my oldest son's graduation from high school. It was about my bedtime when we got home. So here's the scores for this week...

Crafty Witch, WTD -1

kraftynkrazy,WTD = -1

I'm sitting at WTD = 0, but since I forgot to post, it shouldn't count.

• 2 weeks later...

Frogged a couple of squares over the past couple of weeks. Also finished the second April square for the SOTM CAL, and started the first May Square. So now at +2 WTD/-2 YTD.

I just read the first post again and realized that I was supposed to post my results by Saturday. OOPS! I don't see any other posts since the 5th, did everyone give up? If not my new count is

+2 -5 as of 7/9/11

haven't had much energy since the humidity is so high here in Michigan so far this week I crocheted a hair scrunchie so far +1

I just read the first post again and realized that I was supposed to post my results by Saturday. OOPS! I don't see any other posts since the 5th, did everyone give up? If not my new count is

+2 -5 as of 7/9/11

schelscat - I will post scores in my next post. Thanks for playing! We changed the day to report to Sunday, to give everyone the weekend to finish projects. I will fix that in the first post.

I sure hope everyone hasn't given up--I just joined, but I'm pretty sure they're mostly a quiet bunch in here. :)
Welcome to our group, Dusk Nightshade. We have gotten quiet -- when you're working on a big project, some times, there's just nothing to report. It's good to see some new people joining in!!!

haven't had much energy since the humidity is so high here in Michigan so far this week I crocheted a hair scrunchie so far +1
I'm in "the armpit of Virginia" here between the Chesapeake Bay and the ocean. The humidity here is nonstop. And the heat -- it's been flirting with 100 degrees for weeks. Supposed to get there today. I am getting things done, but not like I would in the spring or autumn.

starting now :D
Welcome, MalisaMeesa! So glad to have you in our group!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really understand this group. How are the points calculated? I understand you get +1 for finishing a project and -1 for starting a project. If you crochet on your project you get how many points? And I don't understand why the WIP we already have can't be used and just go from there. Starting with a 0 and if you finish one let it be a +1 and if you start a new one -1. It seems that the way you are saying to do it you will never be ahead. Maybe I'm just not understanding it.:scrachin:huh

I don't really understand this group. How are the points calculated? I understand you get +1 for finishing a project and -1 for starting a project. If you crochet on your project you get how many points? And I don't understand why the WIP we already have can't be used and just go from there. Starting with a 0 and if you finish one let it be a +1 and if you start a new one -1. It seems that the way you are saying to do it you will never be ahead. Maybe I'm just not understanding it.:scrachin:huh

The purpose of this game is to encourage the players to finish the wips sitting around before starting something new. You don't get any points for working on a WIP. You only get points when it's finished. You'd be surprised just how many points you can get by finishing a stack of wips. If you always finish a project before you start a new one, you won't get ahead, and I have an on-going project for which I don't get any points until I finish all 50 hats. But over the course of a year, if I'm not in the negatives, I feel that I've won!

Archived