2011 WIP-buster CAL

basjordan

What I need is a straight CAL for finishing my UFOs(WIP). I have some from when my sone was born that didnt get done before he out grew them(he's 16). I even have the unfinished first and second attempt afghans. I just dont have the heart to pitch or take apart to use yarn for something else. Maybe someday. I'm going to try this also. I just have to figure out how to put in signature line.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me make sure I understand. Right now I'm at zero. If I finish a wip that I already have I get a +1 and if I start a new project I get a -1 and then when I finish it I get a +1. If thats right then this I need to do. I just misunderstood the intial post. (I'm new :lol , I'll catch on eventually)

So let me make sure I understand. Right now I'm at zero. If I finish a wip that I already have I get a +1 and if I start a new project I get a -1 and then when I finish it I get a +1. If thats right then this I need to do. I just misunderstood the intial post. (I'm new :lol , I'll catch on eventually)

You are right! Everybody starts at 0. You gain points for doing something positive -- finishing a WIP. You lose a point every time you start a new project, in hopes that you will finish projects before starting something new. So when you start and finish a project, the -1 and +1 balance each other out, and you end up with a net score of zero. This game is for people who have a lot of wips or ufos sitting around, who need motivation to finish them.

So can I join? I think I will put a number on how many grannies I will make just so I have something to shoot for. WIP- 20 grannies daughters 10 nine round granny squares for From Ewe to You charity and of course my Big granny square afghan.

Are you counting each grannies daughter as a seperate WIP? Just curious -- I really don't mind how you score it. The object here is not to get a huge score, but to try to stay out of the negatives.

Sounds good to me. I'm in. I'm currently working on a guitar picture afghan for my son, scarfs for the Winter Special Olympics, a fishing bucket with fish for my nieces, and a scrap grannie for the library fall fund raiser. Of course those are the ones I'm actually working on, there are tons that have been stuck away for a later date. Hopefully this will encourage me to complete before starting new.

Sounds good to me. I'm in. I'm currently working on a guitar picture afghan for my son, scarfs for the Winter Special Olympics, a fishing bucket with fish for my nieces, and a scrap grannie for the library fall fund raiser. Of course those are the ones I'm actually working on, there are tons that have been stuck away for a later date. Hopefully this will encourage me to complete before starting new.

The cool thing is that you start at 0, so no matter how many WIPS are hiding in the closet, you have a good chance for a good score. Actually, the more WIPs you start out with, the better your score can be! I kind of bottomed out -- I don't have many projects lying around any more.

Ok I'm in..I need this cal too..but I'm still looking for the CAL that is "he/she with the most yarn wins"

:rofl That sounds like a great CAL to me! I think I have a lot, but I've seen some pictures of other people's stashes, and I feel a bit better about mine. Just wish I had a nice craft room with lots of shelves to display all my pretty pretty yarn!

wtd+1/ytd+2

:cheer:clap:yay:yarn:hook Way to go, finishing all those grannies daughters!!!

I don't think my yarn is pretty pretty. So its a good thing I guess that I don't have a craft room with shelves and shelves to display my yarn. I have a lot of yarn, not hardly any of it is a full skein. Its all basically just left overs from my nana's and mine's projects. It all looks not so appealing. been in bags and boxes for a while. But its all mine. Nana doesn't crochet any more. Well its all mine and cousins. She is just starting to crochet. Shes got a good eye. She just needs to learn not to make her stitches so big and she'll be golden. So just my little yarn bit.:yarn:yarn:yarn never to much just one more ok:yarn:yarn

:help Well ladies, I have fallen off the wagon. I went and started another blanket. My numbers are going in the wrong direction. I will be working hard today to try to finish at least one wip today. Keep your fingers crossed.:think On second thought don't cross your fingers, you won't be able to crochet. :heehee

I actually finished a WIP over a week ago, and forgot to post it. I just put the picture up in the current SOTM CAL thread. So, in the grand old tradition of the Stashbuster CAL, I'll be including last week's FOs in this week's score. WTD 1/YTD -1 unless I finish the ripple square and/or Tunisian market bag today.

We have a tie for GOLD MEDAL!!!

Congrats to krazycrocheter, and Crafty Witch, both with WTD +1

Silver medal goes to FrLopLady with 0 this week

schelscat - I didn't see your score posted, so I couldn't award you a medal. Sorry.

schelscat - I didn't see your score posted, so I couldn't award you a medal. Sorry.

I think I lost my medal when I fell off the wagon

So excited for the win. Don't mind at all having to share it.:hug:yay WE DID IT!!!

well I keep falling off the wagon myself have 5 dishcloths to weave in ends plus need to put squares together for a blanket this summer heat has left me with not much desire to crochet

well I keep falling off the wagon myself have 5 dishcloths to weave in ends plus need to put squares together for a blanket this summer heat has left me with not much desire to crochet

Faith -- :hug It's just too hot to crochet! You'll get lots of points when the weather breaks, and you get your yarn mojo back.

This sounds like fun, I just came across the CAL thread. So, I'll join in on the fun.

Have a great week.

Welcome to our group! I hope you have fun with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived