2011 WIP-buster CAL

basjordan

This game is the second cousin (twice removed) to STASHBUSTERS. We all will start at zero! Nothing like a clean slate

Here are the rules!

Everyone who's going to join us, put a line in your signature for WIP-busting Score. Example: Week to date (WTD) 0 Year to date (YTD) 0

Post your scores by midnight on Sunay. Shortly after, we'll tally the scores and see who is that week's winners. To help us find your final score among the other posts, make it obvious! Like this: My final score for this week is -2 but we hope that your scores will be positive! :eek:clap We will also post YTD scores, so you can watch your progress through the year. The scorekeeper should post by10 am EASTERN TIME Monday.

For every WIP you complete, you get 1 point.

For every new WIP you begin, you LOSE 1 point!!!

When you start a project it is a -1 but when you complete that project it is a +1 so in the end you will break even with a zero.

Pictures are highly encouraged! We love to see your work!!!

This is an on-going CAL - Feel free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T count your current WIPs. For some of us, that's just impossible! You get points when you finish projects, or lose points when you start new projects. Also, points are counted if you crochet, knit, or craft.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really need to try this CAL for 2011. This weekend, my plan is to go through all my yarn and separate it by cause. I'll mainly be doing NICU blankets and HAP rectangles so you can see how separation applies. I have at least a half a dozen WIPs that I will probably come across while stash-diving. Maybe, just maybe, I can finish a few.

Edit: I just updated my signature to add this CAL

Hey Faith. Glad to see you here. Is school out for the semester?

Yes but I didn't do well this semester with math so appealing my financial aid and going to find other ways to learn math though I will have to get the head of the math department's approval to take math again because I've took it 3 times so wish me luck on reappealing it.

I have a question. What if you start and finish a project within the week? How do you score that? Does it just balance out as zero?

When you start a project it is a -1 but when you complete that project it is a +1 so in the end you will break even with a zero. Speaking of completing projects I completed one project so far this week so a +1.

Well I finally finished my baby's afghan that I started years ago... I was originally going to make it as a twin sized blanket but then I decided it would make a perfect baby blanket! <3 Anyhow here's the finished product! It's suppose to be light yellow with the varigated.

post-44204-135897610576_thumb.jpg

I have a question. What about projects like rectanges for a charity?

How would I calculate something like that in?

Count each one as a seperate "project"?

You will end up with the same net result whether you count each rectangle as a project, or the ongoing charity work as one big project with no end. I make hats for my charity project, and just assume that's one on-going project, so there's no change to my WTD or YTD. If you think you will finish making rectangles, or if you take a break from it, so it's not a WIP, you can add one to your total, as long as you take one away when you start up again.

Does that make sense?

Well I finally finished my baby's afghan that I started years ago... I was originally going to make it as a twin sized blanket but then I decided it would make a perfect baby blanket! <3 Anyhow here's the finished product! It's suppose to be light yellow with the varigated.

It is lovely!

For me, this CAL will be a "New Year's Resolution CAL". :hook I made a list last night of all the projects I've started & not finished, along with all the projects I could make with what I've got on hand in my stash. :blush I came up with an even dozen, 9 of which are crochet projects! And that doesn't count getting caught up on my scrapbooking! I think I could go the whole year without going to Joann's or Hobby Lobby & still have plenty to work on! So, count me in! My goal is not to buy anything "unless" it's required to finish a current WIP. :sofunnyHey...it could happen!

Archived