2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been so out of it this weekend I forgot to post my scores yesterday. Luckily I wasn't at the top or bottom. :lol

I read it wrong it was kraftynkrazy that was the shoot the moon winner and had -44 it looks so much like my name I thought someone had posted the rong score for me and that I shouldn't be the shoot the moon winner

I thought that might be the case. When I saw your post, I had an :eek moment and double checked to make sure I hadn't mixed the two of you up!:lol

It is named Shoot the Moon Winner!

Ok I'm starting to get confused. :think I had asked before if this wasn't the CAL where the one with the most yarn wins..and then I was told no..but if you get the most yarn you are the winner.... :think:think:think:think:think :idea:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn :think:eek:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

:rofl

:D

Ok I'm starting to get confused. :think I had asked before if this wasn't the CAL where the one with the most yarn wins..and then I was told no..but if you get the most yarn you are the winner.... :think:think:think:think:think :idea:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn :think:eek:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

:rofl

It is a WIN-WIN situation....

If you get rid of more yarn, you are a stashbusting queen, and earn the thrill and extra space gained by stash busting :yes:D

If you buy more yarn, you win the thrill of having more yarn to play with :crocheting:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yay

I LOVE A WIN-WIN SITUATION :manyheart:woo

Used up 2 balls of yarn and made a skein into a ball with stash-ghan and creating a new potholder design. I've almost used up several balls of yarn the last 2 days. To get so close to finishing.....

WTD +3 :crocheting

Expecting to receive yarn from ebay purchases tomorrow.......

Used up the rest of the skein making some wonderful hats. I found a great hat pattern to knit, and I just love it. Made three already.

:manyheart

Rained one afternoon while out of town so we went to HL. 9 skeins there. Just got home today and my Knit Picks order came. 14 more skeins. -46. I need to get this kit swap package out of my house so I can get some +! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Gave away 14 skeins of yarn via freecycle: +28

Bought 4 skeins of yarn at Walmart: -8

Current WTD: +3

New Total WTD: +23

Gave 14 skeins of yarn to a disabled woman who makes plastic canvas creations. They were all skeins which I had no specific project for. I was happy to stashbust, and she was very happy to receive the yarn. :manyheart

3 of the 4 skeins I bought at Walmart were for an ongoing project. The Red Heart "Bon Bon" was just the cutest color arrangement I've seen in a while...I had to get it.

Now I'm off to make yarn creations:c9

I just gifted some of my stash to someone special. ... My stash now seems to be pretty much full-project quantities and a few of my WIPs. Sooooooo I doubt my WTD scores'll be this high in the coming weeks. Especially if I find myself in a yarn store!!! (Which very well could happen!) :D

I just gifted some of my stash to someone special. ... My stash now seems to be pretty much full-project quantities and a few of my WIPs. Sooooooo I doubt my WTD scores'll be this high in the coming weeks. Especially if I find myself in a yarn store!!! (Which very well could happen!) :D

And it happens to the best of us!:lol:):lol

while I may not be using up a ton of yarn this week, the thread table cloth is keeping me so busy that I seem to not be buying yarn either :P not bad!

Of course... I had a new art idea and that means buying more thread *laughs*.... OH and a tinier hook than I'm already using :P

I actually walked out of Hobby Lobby without buying anything. I saw some yarn I did like, but I will wait until next week when I see the 40% off coupon in the paper. It's hard, but I do have willpower, once in a while.:lol:lol:lol

I actually walked out of Hobby Lobby without buying anything. I saw some yarn I did like, but I will wait until next week when I see the 40% off coupon in the paper. It's hard, but I do have willpower, once in a while.:lol:lol:lol

I am proud of you!! I don't think I can do it because my closest hobby lobby is almost 2 hours away

I am proud of you!! I don't think I can do it because my closest hobby lobby is almost 2 hours away

I'm so lucky. I have one in my town. And I go past it on the way home from the gym.

I've used up a skein on an afghan and as soon as I have it finished I will have a couple of balls to add to that too! Then there is the other one that is also supposed to be done by this weekend... :rofl

Hope you are able to get your afghan done. I made another of my charity squares. I didn't use up a skein or a ball. It was an almost full skein of yarn so got but no I made two squares so it is like half way done. I do have bad new though. Guess what I found cleaning up my room in a bag. I just put some stuff in there to get it off my floor. i found two skeins of yarn. And as far as will power I guess I do have some cause Saturday was the first time I have bought yarn in a while. Granted I really made up for it though. I bought like 11 skeins. Now I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it. all but 1 was on sale.

Hope you are able to get your afghan done. I made another of my charity squares. I didn't use up a skein or a ball. It was an almost full skein of yarn so got but no I made two squares so it is like half way done. I do have bad new though. Guess what I found cleaning up my room in a bag. I just put some stuff in there to get it off my floor. i found two skeins of yarn. And as far as will power I guess I do have some cause Saturday was the first time I have bought yarn in a while. Granted I really made up for it though. I bought like 11 skeins. Now I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it. all but 1 was on sale.

"sale" sounds like a worthy cause to buy yarn :cheer:cheer

Archived