2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

sue/turtlelvr's tote pattern. It uses up yarn!!

How did I miss these?? Love the color combos. Gonna try one out one day....one day...one day....(yes, one day will get here soon. lol)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been MIA as well. I have been taking a course that took up a lot of my time. That is finished for now...will start again in September. So I am back to crocheting now.

Used up a skein last night making another tote. :) Saturday is Jana and my play date so I'm sure one of us just might shoot the moon! :lol

:turtle:vheart

***pointing finger at Sue****

I've been MIA as well. I have been taking a course that took up a lot of my time. That is finished for now...will start again in September. So I am back to crocheting now.

I've been here typing but just haven't seemed to finish my projects at least once this class is over for the semester I can devote some more time to crocheting.

You wish. I've seen you shop. :rofl

In my defense, I only get to go to a yarn store once every 3 months:shop You get to go weekly. Somehow this just isn't fair :think

In my defense, I only get to go to a yarn store once every 3 months:shop You get to go weekly. Somehow this just isn't fair :think

With 5 yarn stores (not including the Walmarts which I have 4) within 15 minutes of my house you'd think I did go every week, but I don't. I only get what I need when I go alone, but when I go with you I get what I want! :lol

I've burned through 2 balls and aiming for a couple of skeins that I will be finishing up.

However heading to Reno tomorrow morning, so don't know how much I will get to hook. National rabbit show :D

Last night was Biggest Loser night at my mom's house as always. I worked on my 3SUB and used up 5 small balls making my total so far a +5 for this week. I have also been working on baby gifts for my daughter's friend and am close to using up a couple of more balls. :hook

I didn't do much :crocheting since Sun. I'll finish the bunny and use up a ball or 2 by Sat. While looking for more white :yarn I found a UFO. I don't even know what it was going to be :think. If I frog it and :crocheting it into something else at the same time, can I count it as a used up ball :think? If I get any points this week, I'll post them on Sat.

WTD: 0 YTD: + 56

I found a UFO. I don't even know what it was going to be :think. If I frog it and :crocheting it into something else at the same time, can I count it as a used up ball :think?

I was about to ask about old projects. I have a last year's project that I'm not happy with. I'm going to rip it out. That yarn becomes negative points, not pre-existing stash?

Started a Stash Buster Tote last night. Super easy!! Already more than half way thru. Maybe I'll be able to knock a few more points off my score before the big yarn shopping day this weekend. Thanks Sue!

Can't wait to see it!! It does help to knock off at least 3-4 points! :)

Good books?? Which ones??

One was "Fall of Giants", which I ended up having to take back because someone else had it on hold and I couldn't renew any more. The other is "Atlas Shrugged", and no, it's not that great, but I can't bring myself not to finish it. The story isn't bad - think "1984" or "Fahrenheit 451" style, but she is way too wordy. One whole chapter is a monologue, which is taking me forever to read so I've taken to reading the first line of each paragraph and then moving on. It's one of those books that I decided to read to see for myself. Wish I had started the other first, because that one aI really wanted to read!

One was "Fall of Giants", which I ended up having to take back because someone else had it on hold and I couldn't renew any more. The other is "Atlas Shrugged", and no, it's not that great, but I can't bring myself not to finish it. The story isn't bad - think "1984" or "Fahrenheit 451" style, but she is way too wordy. One whole chapter is a monologue, which is taking me forever to read so I've taken to reading the first line of each paragraph and then moving on. It's one of those books that I decided to read to see for myself. Wish I had started the other first, because that one aI really wanted to read!

thanks - I'll be looking into these. :)

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +12

I continue just chilling while watching TV. My 2nd half of the charity blanket whimpers from the other end of the couch and is jealous that the first half is done and is keeping me warm. Attached to the 2nd half is a ball of RHSS (berry?) red. I do wonder in passing how much of the ball will be used up. A shell here...a shell there...

-Marzee

P.S. OH, RIGHT!! LA NIÑA!

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +12 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up: I won't be posting scores until late Sunday night.

My shift at work got extended, so I now get to open and close (I was originally done at 2:00). On the plus side, we have shorter hours on Sundays, so I'm only working 10:00-8:30ish. :P On the negative.... customers are a lot crankier on Sundays than any other day of the week. :sigh

Did I mention that we're getting more snow this weekend? It'll be gone in a couple of days, but it's still more snow at the tail end of a very snowy winter. A couple of days ago, it was in the 70s. :rolleyes

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up: I won't be posting scores until late Sunday night.

My shift at work got extended, so I now get to open and close (I was originally done at 2:00). On the plus side, we have shorter hours on Sundays, so I'm only working 10:00-8:30ish. :P On the negative.... customers are a lot crankier on Sundays than any other day of the week. :sigh

Did I mention that we're getting more snow this weekend? It'll be gone in a couple of days, but it's still more snow at the tail end of a very snowy winter. A couple of days ago, it was in the 70s. :rolleyes

Try and have a good day working tomorrow. I have to work too.

I guess I shouldn't mention that I will be in shorts when out shopping with Jana??? :lol

Try and have a good day working tomorrow. I have to work too.

I guess I shouldn't mention that I will be in shorts when out shopping with Jana??? :lol

Jana is ready...shopping list is all completed and I WILL stick to the list. (yah, right)

Archived