2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I'm busy making kitchen towel thingees and using up the cotton yarn from my stash. So far, I have used one ball, so a +2 is coming my way.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FrLopLady- that blanket is gorgeous!

Michaels has yarn on clearance for $1.29. (I think it's their new .99 cent yarn equivalent.) I made the mistake of hitting up two of them, so yeah.... :blush I've got this week's Shoot the Moon locked up already, so happy shopping, ladies! It's not nearly as impressive as walker's score last week, but it's comfortably in the triple digits. Apparently, I felt the need to reclaim my ytd Shoot the Moon title. :devil

FrLopLady- that blanket is gorgeous!

Michaels has yarn on clearance for $1.29. (I think it's their new .99 cent yarn equivalent.) I made the mistake of hitting up two of them, so yeah.... :blush I've got this week's Shoot the Moon locked up already, so happy shopping, ladies! It's not nearly as impressive as walker's score last week, but it's comfortably in the triple digits. Apparently, I felt the need to reclaim my ytd Shoot the Moon title. :devil

It's hard to resist all those pretty colors, isn't it? Luckily, Michaels is kinda out of the way for me, otherwise I think I would be there weekly. :yes

I'm going to Michael's today, but I finished a skein this morning, so my WTD is +10, so my score can stand a bit of a yarn-buying -spree. Let's see if I can limit myself to what I'm shopping for...:devil

Finished my shawl - will probably post pictures tonight. Gonna be my "work shawl" because it's flippin' cold at work. Now I can start looking into getting some smaller, quick-wins done :)

Good job!!!:cheer We all have those weeks. no worries!!!!

O.k. Here we go (once again, I am sooo sorry for being late!!)

Gold medal goes to

Dragonpuck 21:cheer:clap:yay

Silver medal is awarded to

lhasaapsolady 16:cheer:clap:yay

And the bronze medal?

Marzee 6:cheer:clap:yay

Other positive players

PBLKNP 4

TurtleLvr 4

walker1021 3

tralee 2

MouseCLP 2

Ellie 13 1

CLLinda 1

Holding Steady

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

fc1123 0

cshort 0

pineknott 0

saffronangel 0

tracyleigh 0

Midds 0

Some had fun with new stash

gshall -4

Shell Lee -9

Crafty Witch -10

jura 2908 -11

greyhoundgrandma -22

kraftynkrazy -27

FrLopLady -28

cris -29

yarn geek -30

And this weeks Shoot The Moon award goes toBRAXXI -56:yay:clap:yay:clap

Well, I went to Joann's and didn't buy any yarn. What gets me is its coupon commotion week, but you can't use any coupons because just about everything is on sale. :(

:turtle:vheart

I know what you mean - I think they purposely put things on sale for that reason! The other thing that happens to me is I'll get one of those 10% off everything coupons, then forget to read the dates and show up a day early or a day late - they send them out so far ahead! It's not real close, so I usually just go ahead and buy what I've picked out.

This flannelghan is really using up the yarn fast. One skein down as of last night and I think I'll be able to count another one tonight.

:cheer Woo Hoo!!!:cheer

Tonight was Biggest Loser night at my mom's house again so I got to work on my 3sub while we watched. I worked my way through 2 small scrap balls and worked a skein into a ball for a +3 added to this week's total so far. :)

It's hard to resist all those pretty colors, isn't it? Luckily, Michaels is kinda out of the way for me, otherwise I think I would be there weekly. :yes

I live on the west side of the Twin Cities metro. There's at least 10 Michaels within a 20 mile radius of my home, and 3 of them are within 5 miles.

cris, your shawl is lovely. Such a prety, calming color. The edging is very clever.

Well, I went to Michael's, and Ben Franklin, and Joann's, and only bought 1 extra skein of yarn. (But I bought the 3 I went to get.) I am planning on making a flannelghan for my husband, but couldn't find a good deal on the Caron One Pound, which is what I want to use.

So, with the 4 new skeins of yarn, my wtd goes to +4, YTD to +23

figured I'd share one of the projects that took up a little yarn this week (and consequently caused me to need to buy more too hehehe)

Love it! It will definately keep you warm at work. BTW..how come your desk is so clean?? lol

Love it! It will definately keep you warm at work. BTW..how come your desk is so clean?? lol

That's the "clean side" - if you saw the other side you'd be in shock (or maybe awe, depending on your personality type LOL)

:lol:D:lol

cris, your shawl is lovely. Such a prety, calming color. The edging is very clever.

Honestly, I may have never picked that color but my swap buddy, kittyloverdeb, sent me a wonderful box with awesome colors in it. There was 1 skein of this green.

Then I saw the shamrock shawlette pattern, and thought I'd give it a whirl with the green - and I think it turned out great, especially in that color.

That is beautiful cris!

I used up 1 almost 2 skeins doing my sweater. Its also a color I probably wouldn't have picked out for me, but there was a bunch of it in my inherited yarn so it won.

I looked lovingly at my stash before I left for work this morning.:manyheart It was begging and pleading with me to stay home and play with it today.:blink As I walked out the door, it felt like the 1st time I dropped my daughter off at day care. My heart was aching. Oh, why do I have to work??? :cry

I looked lovingly at my stash before I left for work this morning.:manyheart It was begging and pleading with me to stay home and play with it today.:blink As I walked out the door, it felt like the 1st time I dropped my daughter off at day care. My heart was aching. Oh, why do I have to work??? :cry

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

You work so that you can buy MORE stash for your stash to play with! :lol

This is probably going to be a slow week for me, stash-wise. I'm still trying to finish that baby blanket where I'm using the Pound of Love...

Archived