2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Between the earthquake and the hurricane last week, I was just a wee bit distracted. Big fat 0 WTD/-68 YTD. Fortunately, minimal flooding and no utilities out. And now, Irene's been downgraded to a tropical storm.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whose turn is it to post the scores? I'm waiting to post the Ytd's.

:manyheart

Sorry. It was me. I'm going to do it right now. Didn't get home until late last night. :blush

:turtle:vheart

Week to Date Scores

for 8/28/11

TurtleLvr +26 Gold Medal Winner!

lhasaapsolady +24 Silver Medal Winner!

dragonpuck +10 Bronze Medal Winner!

Using Up Yarn:

Fiberfolly +8

CLLinda +6

cris +3

cshort +3

MouseCLP +2

TCarra +2

Holding Steady:

Crafty Witch 0

pineknott 0

New Yarn to Play with:

yarn geek -2

fc1123 -4

greyhoundgrandma -16

FrLopLady -28

And the winner for "Shoot the Moon" is Shannart with a total of -50! Thanks for taking over on the Moon for me. :lol

Let me know if I missed anyone.

Year to Date Scores

for

August 28, 2011

Dragonpuck +273 Gold Medal Winner!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

lhasaapsolady +171 Silver Medal Winner! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Pineknott +152 Bronze Medal Winner!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Using Up Yarn:

Ellie 13 +133

cshort +72

MouseCLP +68

TCarra +59

fc1123 +19

Lot's of yarn to play in:

Fiberfolly -25

CLLinda -24

Shannart -50

cris -57

Crafty Witch -68

TurtleLvr -138

FrLopLady -345

greyhoundgrandma -548

And the winner of Shoot the Moon for this month is: Yarn Geek with a score of -838!

I didn't have anything to post last week, but you missed my YTD (+ 128). It won't change the winners list. With the threat of a hurricane, the market was so busy I had to work extra hours, $$ :yay $$. no time for :crocheting though. Sat. I helped to board up basement windows so we wouldn't get :help again. After all that hard work and all we got was a little :2rain and lots of wind. I :crocheting Sat. night and all day Sun. Made some pumpkin pins, stuffed ghosts and spiders. Used up 3 balls and rolled 2 skeins (+5) :cheer. Those little pumpkin treat bags are cute, I think I'll try some. Of course I'll have to get more orange :yarn.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 133

Ellie 13

I didn't have anything to post last week, but you missed my YTD (+ 128). It won't change the winners list. With the threat of a hurricane, the market was so busy I had to work extra hours, $$ :yay $$. no time for :crocheting though. Sat. I helped to board up basement windows so we wouldn't get :help again. After all that hard work and all we got was a little :2rain and lots of wind. I :crocheting Sat. night and all day Sun. Made some pumpkin pins, stuffed ghosts and spiders. Used up 3 balls and rolled 2 skeins (+5) :cheer. Those little pumpkin treat bags are cute, I think I'll try some. Of course I'll have to get more orange :yarn.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 133

Ellie 13

Yeah, but what did you do in your spare time??? :devil

I would like to take this moment to brag upon my husband, who is wonderful and thoughtful (and yes, its stash related)

http://crochet-with-cris.blogspot.com/2011/08/q-is-for-queen.html

Please keep in mind we just moved 2 months ago and things are still not all put away.

He's definitely a keeper!

I would like to take this moment to brag upon my husband, who is wonderful and thoughtful (and yes, its stash related)

http://crochet-with-cris.blogspot.com/2011/08/q-is-for-queen.html

Please keep in mind we just moved 2 months ago and things are still not all put away.

What a doll!! :cheer

:turtle on the moon one week and gold medal the next :think:think :lol:lol :D:D:D

Too bad :turtle doesn't get miles for all that traveling! :lol I have a feeling I'm going to have big fat ZEROs for the next couple months. Between school and work I barely have time to sleep! :lol

OK ladies you can all go yarn shopping now, I have been gifted 22 skeins :c9

minus the lone ball I have used up that puts me at

working on scarves so I should be able to take off a few points but I believe " shoot the moon" is in my future :hook

She/he who dies with the most yarn wins!

working on scarves so I should be able to take off a few points but I believe " shoot the moon" is in my future :hook

If I win (die) with the most yarn, can I take it with me? If not, I won't go :no

Ellie 13

I rolled 2 skeins down working on another Christmas stocking (+2). I'm sure I saw orange :yarn when repacking my stash after the basement flood. I can get back to Halloween stuff when I finish the stocking.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 135

Ellie 13

I'm probably not using much yarn this week. Been reading "Kill me if you Can" by James patterson. Very good story. Too bad I can't read and crochet or knit at the same time.

I'm probably not using much yarn this week. Been reading "Kill me if you Can" by James patterson. Very good story. Too bad I can't read and crochet or knit at the same time.

Oh, but you can!! I listen to books on cd's from the library and from simplyaudio. Doing two of my favorite things at the same time!

I was beginning to wonder how my 8 skeins that jumped in my cart last night were going to impact my ranking.

Feeling better now - thanks! :rofl:rofl

A big DRAT tonight. I won't be finishing the first skein on the Blue Mandala Throw I'm making until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, or what's wrong with the instructions.

On to another project, I guess.

Don't you just hate it when that happens :angry

Yes some published patterns have mistakes- testers must cost too much I guess

I take pattens like this and scan them into word make the print bigger and double space between lines so that I can read the instructions - hopefully correctly and try to do exactly what it says - hard for me as I tend to "assume" the next step a lot-

one of my favorite baby blanket patterns is missing an entire row:think

When the above didn't work, I figured it was the pattern and not the crocheter and did what I thought should be next -- very frustrating- especially when you have paid for a pattern!!!

Hopefully it will work when you come back to it sounds pretty

Archived