Star Dishcloths in Single Crochet (2 images)

champygirl

I been experimenting with the cotton yarn, I decided to see if I could make a star dishcloth with mainly just single crochet and no spaces. They're slightly wonky but I love the shape. I typed up the pattern for those who feel brave or just want to try a wonky star cloth. I've lost count of how many I've made, I just have fun making them. :hook:yes

post-11825-135897597314_thumb.jpg

SC Star Dishcloth

(Slightly Wonky)

Copyright to champygirl November 14, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight cotton yarn

Size H or I hook

Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish size: About 7 ½” inches point to point.

Different Stitches:

Sc Decrease next 2 sts together: [insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop] Do this 2 times, yarn over and pull thru all 3 loops on hook.

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch2, 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc.

(5sc)

Note: When you ch5 for points make sure you don’t chain to tightly, try to stay somewhat loose.

Rnd 2: 1 sc in same st as joining, ch5, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in same st, [1 sc in next st, ch5, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in same st] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first sc.

(30sc)

Note: A free loop is the loop left free from working in a chain. Like when you work stitches into a starting chain, on the side opposite of starting chain from where the stitches are worked there are loops.

Rnd 3: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next free loop together,, 1 sc in each of the next 3 free loops, ch1, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next st and next free loop together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 free loops, ch1, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.

(40sc, 5-ch1 spaces)

Rnd 4: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 2 stitches, 5 sc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 2 stitches, 5 sc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.

(55sc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.

(65sc)

Rnd 6: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 4 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 4 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.

(75sc)

Rnd 7: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts] Do this 4 times, sc decrease next st and same st as joining (working over joining sl st from Rnd 6) together, join with sl st to first sc.

(90sc)

Rnd 8: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, sl st in next st, [1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, sl st in next st] Do this 4 times, join with sl t to first sc.

(100sc. 5 sl sts, 5-ch2’s)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!! :hook

Copyright to Amelia Beebe November 14, 2010. The dishcloth will lie flat on a flat surface but is slightly wonky.

post-11825-135897597325_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

ty ty for pattern my first one I stopped at row 5 made a small bow hot glued about 5 -6 tiny sea shells I had from broken ancient necklace lol onto the bow sewed that to mid of star attached the star to head size black elastic band 3/4 inch gave to little girl I know and she loves it. I told her it's called The 'Wonky' headband ;)

Archived