stuffed crocheted cat pattern

yarnlover66

Question

My sister requested that I make a CUTE stuffed croheted cat for her to give as a gift for someone this christmas. I don't have any stuffed cat patterns. Does anyone know where I could find one? Or do you have one that can be shared?

Thanks!!:cat

18 answers to this question

If this cat is like what you want, let me know. This is a pattern booklet that's offered on Ebay. I have it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CROCHET-LARGE-25-STUFFED-PLAYTIME-ANIMAL-PALS-BY-ANNIE_W0QQitemZ8211420670QQcategoryZ41232QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey! Just a little F.Y.I.... those patterns areabout the only cute ones I've seen, BUT, using a really fluffy or long haired mohair "hides the stitches on any animal pattern and after you finish, if you brush it very lightly, but well, it makes the stuffed animal look AWESOME!:D

I have done this a hundred times and it really looks like real fur after it's brushed...ooooh, and the "boa" yarns make a gorgeous finished "fur" too...keeps it from looking "too" homemade and hides andy wonky flaws;)

I've just recently begun to make a website of my links to stuffed animals; perhaps something there will help you: Jen's Stuffed Toy Archive (keep in mind that I have not finished this site yet, so it isn't perfect, lol...)

There are a few cute patterns on that link, thanks, I wasn't looking for a cat pattern, but they sure are cute!!

Have never done the rug hook method, but I have a pattern that perhaps I could follow. I'll let you know what I choose and how it turns out! I like the idea of using the fur along with the ww yarn to make it furry. My sister is buying the yarn--depends on how much money she wants to spend on it. When I get it done I'll post pics.

Well we haven't discussed the whole size issue yet. She just asked me last night if I could make her a crocheted kitty. I told her to give me a chance to see what I had in my pattern library at home. I didn't have anything.

Oh yes, good idea about changing the ears to kitty ears and adding a longer tail. That is an option too.

Gosh! none of these are very appealing, are they? LOL I hope I can find something a little more cuddly.....hmmm...the search is on. If I don't find one, she'll have to do without! :( I'm still on the hunt, so if anyone finds a cuddly kitty pattern....definitely let me know!

Have a ball!

Archived