My latest Project

This is a project that got abandoned when I broke my wrist last Christmas. It has been stuffed in the wardrobe ever since.

When Benjamin was small, I used to make quilted names to sell. They went quite well and earned me a little bit of cash. This is a pic from his room when he was 4. The Pooh characters are crocheted from a Leisure Arts pattern

room07.jpg

Now I have decided to re-create them in crochet. This is what I have done so far.

Paige.jpg

I made this for my bosses grand daughter.

merrychristmasweb.jpg

And this was hung on the wall in work. It was so long that we couldn't find a straight place to hang it.

Made with DK and a 3.00mm hook, the upper case letters measure about 19cm tall. I am working on a "Nadolig Llawen" in thread for home. The upper case letters are about 11.5cm with a 1.50mm hook.

So this is part of my winter project to get some of the WIPs out of the wardrobe.

Wow! Those are really beautiful and look like a lot of work! I can imagine the ones you are doing in thread are going to take quite a while to make. I love all the Pooh animals you made too! I am sorry you broke your wrist, but glad it's better now so you can crochet again! :)

Julia

Thank you!

The thread ones are not any more work but I find thread a little slower to work with. But I have actually temporarily abandoned the "Nadolig Llawen" for a Halloween "Boo!". I am planning on showing how versatile these letters can be.

Thank you!

When I have finished, I will be selling the pattern. It will have all the letters in both upper and lower case. I am aiming for the end of October so that people can make their own "Merry Christmas" in time for the Festive season.

I am planning on adding the Star, Tree and Heart to the pattern but also putting them up as free ones in my site.

Thank you!

I worked hard yesterday! It was dry but dull, perfect for taking photos as you don't get shadows or areas of high contrast. I managed to take photos of all the individual letters I have made so far then sat watching recordings of Strictly (mmmm Matt Baker!) while I sewed them together into words.

I decorated the "Merry Christmas" with crocheted holly leaves and french knot berries, sewed a crocheted star and french knot baubles on the tree and am quite pleased with the whole effect. I have left the "Merry" and "Christmas" separate as I thought it would be easier to display.

I have also sewn "Peace" together and finished crocheting "Joy".

Of course, I now have to wait until it is dry again before I can take more pics but you can see my "Boo!"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eD6EG7Kik8U/TKmJePsG1VI/AAAAAAAACPw/v_d3UIOrnYo/s320/Boo.jpg

I am hoping to have it finished by the end of the month. I finished the "k" last night. It was a bit fiddley and took longer than I thought.

• 3 weeks later...

I am finally on the last lowercase letter, appropriately it is z. I haven't been doing them in order as it was more fun to make words and names up so these last few days have been spent filling in the blanks.

I still don't have photos of them all as I have been using some yarn I hate the colour of to make them up and then frog them to use the same yarn over and again. When I have the pattern correct, I make them up in a nice colour with fresh yarn.

The yarn I have been using for the designing is now feeling like string and will only be fit for the dust bin when finished.

I hope to get some pics later of the other words I have been working on.

LOL! I like trying new things. I have a different version of letters and numbers on my site. They are smaller and aimed at scrapbooking and applique.

• 4 weeks later...

After a very long time (partly due to a broken wrist) I have finally finished my Alphabet patterns.

The Upper case set can be purchased from Rainbow Valley immediately.

http://www.enfys.me.uk/pattsbaby.htm

However, you will have to wait for the Lower case set as this will be published in three parts in "Inside Crochet" from issue 16 (April 2011). It will be published as the complete set on Rainbow valley around this time next year.

I have started working on a Number set to match and have almost finished 4 matching patterns, Heart, Star, Tree and !, which will be published as free patterns asap.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived