Red Heart Yarn

crochetlady100

I just picked up skiens of red heart yarn and was surprised to see that it is now either 6 or 7 ozs, when did this change? :( I know it has been a few months since I got some, and then it was the normal 8 ozs. Has anyone else found this. It was a good thing I looked, because I had to get one more.

Trish

Hi Trish - there was a link in yarn talk about this a while back :) Yup it is true no more 8 oz. skeins - unless you go digging for them. I've been known to dive into the clearance bin at Walmart - Feet dangling in the air lookingfor the now elusive 8 0z. RH yearn.

That's a marketing ploy, if you don't notice the size change, you feel the price never went up when in reality it went up because you get less for the same price! :devil It's done all the time, you noticed it with yarn because it's of interest to you!

The 8oz solid went to 7oz, the variegated went from 6oz to 5 oz. However, I was in my AC Moore yesterday and they still are getting some 8oz skeins. Wal-mart had a few 8oz skeins left the last time I was there but haven't been there in a few days. Though they did have RedHeart Giant in solids at 16oz and variegated in Giant at 12 oz, both were $3.87 (at least that is what the price scanner showed).

LI Roe

• 2 weeks later...

Boleks craft Supplys

I just picked up skiens of red heart yarn and was surprised to see that it is now either 6 or 7 ozs, when did this change? :( I know it has been a few months since I got some, and then it was the normal 8 ozs. Has anyone else found this. It was a good thing I looked, because I had to get one more.

Trish

Boleks has every color of Red Heart bolekscraftsupplys.com

Here where I live in Kentucky, I have two Super Wal-Mart stores. There still carry the 8oz. Super Saver in solids and the 6oz. Super Saver in vairgated.

So far, so good here, I have not noticed a change in this. I did notice awhile back that it seemed like they were phaseing out the Red Heart a bit, but last week, they got in a lot of new stock, even a bunch of pounders in colors that are new.

Oh my gosh! I totally didn't even know this. It's been a while since I bought yarn. That's awful!!

I did notice a while back that Wal-Mart's prices of Red Heart were no longer $1.74 for some 8 oz skeins. All the 8 oz skeins (or so I thought they were 8 oz) are now $2.17 each. I know Hobby Lobby often has them on sale for 1.99 -- but all this time I was thinking it was 8 oz not 6 or 7. What a disappointment Red Heart did this. :angry Shame on them!

When did they change it??

Oh my gosh! I totally didn't even know this. It's been a while since I bought yarn. That's awful!!

I did notice a while back that Wal-Mart's prices of Red Heart were no longer $1.74 for some 8 oz skeins. All the 8 oz skeins (or so I thought they were 8 oz) are now $2.17 each. I know Hobby Lobby often has them on sale for 1.99 -- but all this time I was thinking it was 8 oz not 6 or 7. What a disappointment Red Heart did this. :angry Shame on them!

When did they change it??

Pretty sad :( when the corporate offices try to think of a way to scheme and make more $$$ off the public to put $$ in their pockets. We should go on strike and not buy yarn for a whole week :eek. That'll teach them. I agree, they should be ashamed of themselves :angry

• 3 weeks later...

Archived