favorite sites for unique hooks?

Hi! Hubby and I just celebrated our 5th/12th anniversary yesterday. Because the 5 year wedding gift is "wood" he said I could buy a fancy crochet hook. I have looked on ebay (I know of graydog and wolfenwood) but figured I'd ask here as I am sure you all have some favorite places already bookmarked :-)

I like my kitty hooks that I got from craftdesigns for you. she takes custom orders and also have some available sometimes she does cats bears angels snowmen and ones with ribbons on them for like Breast Cancer and support our troops

http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/ I also like greydogs and toc

I also like Sharky's hooks on ebay. (His seller name is Sailormagic.) I bought a Bates-style hook from them last year and I was pleased with the quality. They don't always have a lot of hooks for sale, but the ones they have are very pretty.

thanks!! I've been checking them all out. I ended up bidding on a Wolfenwoods hook (ends tomorrow) and then I found a beautiful hook on etsy from rparishwoodworks that I bought. It is a beautiful wood hook with a glass heart on the top along with some sterling silver accents and a Swarovski crystal. I thought the hearts would be nice symbolizing our anniversary. :-) The TOC hooks are beautiful too....may get one of those too, lol.

I received my hook from rparishwoodworks on etsy. I LOVE IT!!! It is soooo pretty. I did not win the Wolfenwoods hook on etsy so I am going to order 2 TOC hooks....one in Purpleheart and I am still deciding on the other one.

Here are the 4 special hooks that I have. I love how they look but have a hard time getting used to using them. I find the yarn catches at the throat part. I definitely crochet faster with my metal hooks but over time I may get used to the wood ones. Did anyone else find they had a hard time getting used to them?

So here are my hooks. I bought the top one on ebay from a seller named phootsy. The next one is a Wolfenwoods hook. The blue one and the bottom purple one are both from the same person. On ebay he is called vermont_woodwork and on etsy he is rparishwoodworks. The bottom one is part of my anniversary gift. The other day my 4 yo daughter sat with me for over an hour trying to learn to make a chain. :-)

post-13117-135897559884_thumb.jpg

very pretty!! did you find you needed time to get used to using it? I love my metal hooks and feel like the wood ones "catch" more when trying to pull the yarn through. I'm hoping it gets faster once I use them more. :-)

very pretty!! did you find you needed time to get used to using it? I love my metal hooks and feel like the wood ones "catch" more when trying to pull the yarn through. I'm hoping it gets faster once I use them more. :-)

Is that because they're inline hooks - are you used to using Boye-type hooks? I have TOC hooks and I love them, especially now with my tendonitis flare-up :(:( They're more in the style of Boye hooks and the yarn doesn't catch at all, I find.

I did need a bit of time to adjust - the length is more than I'm used to, and is has a firmer/less springy feel to me than my usual hooks (Bates Silvalume.) I think it may be the comparative thickness of the wood vs. aluminum. But the wood is very smooth, and once I got going, it was really nice to use.

Archived