Does anyone have this book?

I don't have it but it does look interesting. Have you tried your local library? Sometimes, I find it at my library, and then see if I really want to order it.

:manyheart

If you are interested in purchasing at the store, this week there is a 40% off coupon on their website. It looks like a good book, so I printed out the coupon and plan to go shopping with it, since the weather is soooooo hot and I can't do much gardening. I even found Crochet! magazines there in the front of the store with some others. It's a good time to use that coupon!!!!!

This book is looking really tempting...

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/101-granny-squares-487660/

Does anyone have it? Would you recommend it?

I've actually looked at that book before! I ended up buying a cheaper granny square book:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/99-granny-squares-to-crochet-138503/

I've used many patterns out of this book and I like it quite a bit. My only complaint is that the finished size of the square isn't written anywhere in the pattern (versus in the 101 square book, the size is written).

I have this book, I like it but the other book "99 Granny Squares to Crochet" MandyMae suggested is better. I have it and really love it. I use granny squares for all different things, potholders, dishcloths, coasters, purses etc. so I am always looking for good granny square books.

I have it. I haven't actually made anything from it yet, but I like a lot of the patterns.

The motif book I'm using now is "50 Fabulous Crochet Squares" by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss. Fabulous is right. I've two afghans started using patterns in it. I first made a sample of another, but got sidetracked into a couple of projects for gifts, so it is indefinitely on hold. If you see this one around, take a look at it. I don't know if I have ever seen it at HL though. I think I got mine from Amazon.

I've actually looked at that book before! I ended up buying a cheaper granny square book:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/99-granny-squares-to-crochet-138503/

I've used many patterns out of this book and I like it quite a bit. My only complaint is that the finished size of the square isn't written anywhere in the pattern (versus in the 101 square book, the size is written).

I have that same book and I like it also. What I have done is once I finish a square, I put a little post it note on that pattern saying what size it is.

I have the 99 squares one, both of the 63 squares sampler afghans books and Woman's Day prize wining squares. I'm sure I have others, but those are the ones I can recall at this time. I use books with square/stitch patterns to get ideas. I've even combined some together and gotten some interesting results.

Ellie 13

I don't have that book but have looked at it several times at Hobby Lobby. I didn't like the fact that they didn't put any of the square sizes in it as opposed to the 99 square book that does list the sizes. I have the 99 square book and love it.

I don't have that book but have looked at it several times at Hobby Lobby. I didn't like the fact that they didn't put any of the square sizes in it as opposed to the 99 square book that does list the sizes. I have the 99 square book and love it.

It's possible that they didn't put the size on the patterns, because sizes can be altered with the size of hook and number of rounds you may add or subtract. That's just my guess. I have most of the granny square books and I love them all. I love all the different patterns and the designs give me ideas. I just bought the 101 granny square book and I love the designs and colors in it. I think of it as eye candy and an inspiration to be creative.

I have that book and it does have the size of the square in with the pattern. I've used it a few times. If you make a lot of squares, it would be a good purchase. There are some unique squares in there...some of them are lots of fun.

Archived