Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I forgot to tell you that a few weeks ago a group called The Happy Hookers came into my mom's restaurant. Guess what they were???

A bunch of old men who like to fish!!! How funny is that???

that is too funny:lol

No plans that I know of for my birthday. But one good thing- it is on a Saturday so I don't have to work this year on my birthday!!! I did get a coupon for "The Old Bay" restaurant- they serve Cajun food- and it is yummy so I think I'd like to go there (my meal is free :) )

DD's party is Sunday. Her cake is white with buttercream icing. Minnie is laying on a towel watching Mickey surf in the water. It's really cute. And it's cupcakes stuck together, which makes it so much easier to pass out. She's actually excited this year. I'm about to bake some cookies for her party at school tomorrow. Her "birthday girl" shirt is in the washer.

You have your birthday on Thanksgiving weekend! I'll have a piece of pumpkin pie for you Joanne :D. That sounds like a fun way to spend your birthday, out to dinner. I think I'm next after you. Mine is on a Monday, though. :angry I'll be at work.

Cajun food in NJ? Now that's funny!! What do you eat there?

And yes, Colleen. I thought that was funny too. They must not be too happy if they have to go out to eat fish!

that sounds like fun, Joanne! I like cajun food. Is the restaurant an "in the rough" kind of place?

What does an "in the rough" kind of place" mean? I've never heard that expression.

I love you guys- I learn so many new terms. Pop for soda, mitts for mittens, "in the rough" for ????? LOL

I usually get some kind of sea food- cajun style- it's fun- kind of what I'd imagine a New Orleans restaurant would be like- it has been around for ages (at least as long as I've been around this part of Jersey (which is about 30 years!)

In the rough is like plastic checkered tablecloths, barnboard walls... you know, the opposite of formal. some in the rough places around here even have picnic tables in them for seating!

...and Pop or soda is called Tonic in beantown... weird.

I think you can buy a pan to make those cakes. I should look into that. My DD can't have any cake made at a bakery, so I have to start thinking about when she wants more than a homemade cake with icing and smarties on it (smarties are coloured candy covered chocolates kinda like M&Ms).

Tonic??? What do they call hero sandwiches or hoagies or subs? In NJ we call them Subs, in Philly they call them hoagies and in other places they call them hero's.

The Old Bay is not in the rough but a place my DD loves "Big Ed's BBQ" is - they serve the best ribs and that is definitely an "in the rough" place. We usually go there for her birthday.

Archived