Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!!!

Good luck today with the letter Mary and have fun birthday shopping Shannon! Mary, Beth and Colleen, WTG on the Yarn Buying Strike- I haven't bought any yarn since I was in Boston! I should probably join that CAL too!! Since I am in the process of getting the house ready to show, I can't add to any stash (although DH did give me a gift card for our anniversary that I am earmarking for yarn.....)

Have a splendiferous-ness day everyone!!!

Good morning all! Bowling ended up being a late night. The team we were bowling was there. Another team was postponing and since hubby is on the committee to allow postponments, we were called. No big deal. It is more fun to bowl when the other team is there. I did pretty well I bowled a 135, a 160, and a 187. More socres got better as the night went on. Usually it is the other way around!

Stacy - Good luck at the doctor today! Let us know what happens!

LeaAnne - Kill her with kindness. Love that strategy! You go girl!

Shannon - Have fun birthday shopping! what does little Janna want for her big day?

Mary - Hope all is calm for the moment. I will be watching the skies to see if the fireworks can be seen from down here!

Colleen - How are things with you? Everything going alright?

Beth and Joanne - Hope you ladies are have a good day and that alll is good.

We have field testing of the state test today, so I get to go help round up students this morning. DD has tae kwon do tonight. I am thinking Chick Fil-A for dinner. We will see I guess when we come to that bridge.

Otherwise, all is quiet here. Hope you ladies all have a great day and I will talk to you all later!

Vicki

Hello Everybody,

The worst thing happened yesterday: my dd got her learner's, but my ds failed. He had some very odd questions, for example: how many ounces of beer has the amount of alcohol that's in a shot of tequila? And he needs to know this WHY??? But he's very determined to study hard and get his learners when he can retest in 15 days. He's a little sad that she is driving and he isn't. We actually had waterworks in the DMV :cry. Hard to watch a 6' muscular 15 1/2year old man cry, but he's just sensitive.

Any way, Amanda drove a couple of times yesterday. Not for long -- it makes her very nervous, but she did quite well, for the first time. I think she will be an excellent driver, particularly when she learns to apply pressure a little more gradually to the accelerator.

LeaAnne, I'm sorry you have to deal with that type of person. The fact that she won't speak to you shows that she knows she's guilty. I'm glad other people have noticed. Have fun killing her with kindness. I'd love to watch it. Happy Birthday, late, to your dd! What is it like to have a girly girl?

Vicki, your bowling sounds like fun. It makes me smile to know that you and your dh have a fun group activity to do together.:hug So many working couples don't make that type of effort together. Good luck with the state test today.

Joanne, Happy Hump Day to you!!! It's the end of my work week. I'm only supposed to work 2 weeks a month, too, but my boss asked me to work all of the first month. And I'm tired! How do you do it all the time, particularly with those long hours you put in a few weeks ago??? Is it those vitamins of yours?

Colleen, I hope your hectic days are going well. I can relate! Take time for yourself. Make sure you drink enough water!

Mary, keep us posted. You know we've got your back here!

Shannon, give your little darling a hug from her "Imaginary Aunt Beth." I miss the little ones, and your sweetie just sounds so wonderful.

Stacy, I feel your pain with Klaus. It sounds like he needs lots of outdoor exercise. He's a working breed -- they need to stay busy. They are smart, so they get bored easily, like a gifted child in a regular classroom. There are toys that hide food -- the dog has to manipulate the toy to get the food out. Something like that may help. Thanks for the reminder about pictures. I need to take my kids in and get something professional done. I haven't done that in ages.

I hope everybody has a great day. Sorry I haven't been on-line. Yesterday, I came home from work, popped 2 tylenol, and went to bed! I got up with my dh at 4:58 a.m., fixed his breakfast and lunch, and was back in bed before he left the shower. And I stayed in bed until after 8. :D I'm feeling GOOD!!!

Take care!:hug:manyheart

:hi

Beth - I am so sorry to hear about DS failing and DD passing. The poor guy. Here's a big :hug for him and I'm sure he'll get it next time :wink. Tell him we are all cheering him on! :cheer I hope you are feeling more rested today.

Vicki - Bowling sounds fun and I agree it is great that you and DH have a social outing together every week.

Joanne - I hope your day at work went well. Did DD get moved alright?

LeaAnne - You go girl! Keep up the good work and the good fight. Krissy's birthday sounds just perfect for a 10 yo girly girl.

Stacy - How did you appointment go? I'm thinking about you! :hug

Shannon - I hope birthday preparations for Janna are going well. How was her day at school?

Mary - I'm thinking about you today too. I hope you get closure/justice soon. :hug

It is officially fall here. We had to turn the furnace on and we needed hats and mitts to wear to school today :eek. DD was feeling a bit shy when I dropped her off, but I hope she is having a good day. Her whole school gets to take a school bus to church on Friday to celebrate a special mass and I know she is going to be so excited to take a school bus. I got the family room tidied, 2 loads of laundry done, one more ready to go in the dryer now, our bed changed, the kitchen cleaned, and the summer hats traded out for winter hats, mitts and scarves. Then I went for a walk :D I've still got time to tidy something else. Interestingly enough I feel more like tidying than crocheting :think.

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

:hi all!

Leanne, I love your strategy! I really hope it works. :hug Make sure to rest up for the stay-up over! You know how those girls can be. :heehee

Beth, I am sorry to hear about your DS! Poor guy...he must've been heartbroken to :cry right there in the DMV. Here is a big :hug for him. That is a really odd question but I'm guessing they want to be sure the kids know how much is "enough." :) Give your DD a :h5 from me. I had to :heehee at your accelerator comment. Let's hope she figures that out rather quickly. :wink

Colleen, does your dd attend a private school? What is the mass for? I checked my calendar and didn't find anything. :think I'm sure she will have a blast on that school bus! My oldest dd went on a bus for a field trip in pre-k and she still talks about it. :lol Look at you go, with all of that cleaning! :h5 WTG!

Shannon, have fun shopping! What does Janna want for her birthday?

Mary, good luck at the meeting. I will be watching for those fireworks. I hope they are not too bad for you. :hug

Vicki, WTG on those scores! 187- great job! I agree that it is awesome you and dh have an outing together every week. :manyheart Good luck with the testing.

Joanne- How did the moving go for dd? Hope your Hump Day is splendiferous!

Jenn, I hope you have your schedule worked out and that school is going well!

Scooby- we miss you, girl!! Hope everything is ok at your house. :manyheart:hug

The doctor says I need surgery. I pretty much figured that, but it's still not fun to hear. He wanted to send me to see the surgeon today but I don't have a sitter, so he just sent in a referral for me to see him within the next week. He said it's not serious, but if it's causing more pain every month then he'd like to have it done before next month comes around.

I got a text while I was at the dr. office that SIL passed her exam and is officially an R.N.! :clap I am excited for her. She has been working toward it for 8 years and all that work has finally paid off!

Well I'm going to jump in the shower before I have to pick up Mia. BBL! :hug

Beth, here I'm sending my cleaning bug your way via the 'ville. :ladybug Actually some good cool fall weather is good for inspiring cleaning. After my last post I "edited" the toy room. Shhh, I'm hoping she won't notice that some long forgotten toys have been removed :wink.

Stacy - That is good news that you are going to get something done about your pain. It may be hard to swallow, but in the long run it will be better for you.:hug:yay for your SIL R.N. Good for her! That is an inspiring story. This Sunday is the feast of St. Francis of Assisi and my DD's school is named after him, so the school is going for a special mass. We have two school boards that are publicly funded (Public and Catholic) and my DD goes to a Catholic school. It isn't a private school. I think the bus trip will be very exciting for her. It's just a few blocks down the street and it will be a perfect first bus trip.

Have a wonderful evening everyone! If anyone is up for a chat, I will be available tomorrow evening, say around 9ish EST. It is the season opener for the Leafs and my DH has already claimed the TV. :lol

HI everyone!

Beth- Sorry to hear about DS! That was one tough day for you, mama- hard to have 1 child pass and 1 not. Kudos to you for being there for both of them!! I'm sure he'll get it in 15 days--and yea, that question is a little ridiculous for a learner's permit- just my opinion. You asked how I;m able to work so much. Well, it is much easier now that my DDs are adults. Not so much when they were teenagers- I got divorced when youngest DD was 12 so I was working full time and a single mom. So now, it's a piece of cake. I don't have to also taxi kids around (like you are doing now). My one DD was on a gymnastics team- practiced 4 nights/week- had to drive 1/2 hr to practice, then bak home and go back out in 4 hrs. Youngest DD was involved in dance and soccer and oldest DD was involved in school plays. When I look back, I wonder how I did it all then, but I guess you do what you need to do. I also went back to school when two of them were finishing up and I was working full time, going to school 2 nights/wk and Sat AM plus studying. One semester I took 9 credits- went to class 4 nights a week. So relatively speaking, it is easy that when I get off work now, the night is basically my own.

Stacy- Hugs to you- and good luck with the surgery-you will feel so much better once it is over and don't have to endure that pain every month!!! And CONGRATS to SIL, RN!!!! :clap Another nurse joins the ranks- I am so happy for her!! Please tell her we are all so proud of her!!!! And I can't wait to get your square!!!!:yes Good mail for a change!!!

Colleen- WTg on all that cleaning! :clap It was a crisp fall day here today- but not to the point where we needed hats and mitts (I love that term, mitts- I will start using it- I usually call them mittens or gloves). I am loving that my house has become somewhat decluttered.:c9 (Now if DH would part with some of his toys (that are never used...like really, who needs 3 guitars??? Isn't 1 enough??? He says that they are all different and used for different types of music) I packed my stand mixer and toaster oven into a box and it really made lots of room on the kitchen counter! Hope that DD has fun on her first school bus ride. I remember how excited mine were the first time they rode a school bus!!!! I should be around tomorrow night- I'm off Friday to take DH for his cardiac cath-not sure what time we are leaving Fri morning.

Mary- how did it go today? Been thinking positive thoughts for you!:cheer

Shannon- how's the birthday shopping going? Did you get what she wanted? And what, pray tell, does sweet Janna want? There were a couple of women at work talking about Go Go Pets- One of them had to wait on line and was able to buy 2- one for her DD and one for the other woman's DD--I hear they are the gift to get for Christmas this year.

LeaAnne- How was your day How's the kindness going? I love that approach!!!

Vicki- WTG on bowling- those were good scores esp the 187! :clapI am impressed!!!! Tonight is the Yankees last home game b/4 the playoffs. Last night's game was really good- if they play like that in the playoffs they'll do great. AJ Burnett pitched really well!

DD is moved- and I think she and BF and one of his brothers are heading to VA tonight for a U2 concert which is tomorrow night. (Her BF's mother and a couple of his siblings live in VA) I forgot to ask if she was still planning to go:think

Hope everyone has a good night. Off to get something made for dinner ( I think tonight is going to be grilled cheese w/tomato sandwich on rye and soup (healthy choice, low sodium chicken noodle) Then I'll watch the Yankees and :crocheting

Hey there Besties!!

Beth- My cousin was visiting when I went to get my license. She told me that the test was so easy and I'd have no problem. I failed. I was so upset, because I had to go home and my cousin would know I failed. This was the only time my mom let me lie. We told my cousin that they were too busy and we didn't want to wait. I know how it feels. But the next time I went I passed, and it all worked out. Big :hugs to your big guy!

Joanne- I don't know how you did all that! Good for you for going to school and taking such good care of your girls! You are an inspiration!!

Stacy- I'm sorry you have to have surgery, but I'm glad you won't be in pain anymore. :hugs to you!

LeaAnne- How's the kindness going? I was just thinking, you know how people wear guns on their belts and flash them to send a message? (on TV) Wouldn't it be funny if we all showed up at your next meeting with our hooks on our belts and flashed them at the woman? Maybe then she'll figure out that she can't mess with you!

Mary- Is tonight the big night??? Good luck to you and I'll be praying that you get some closure!

Colleen- I need some of that cleaning bug too. :yay to DD for getting to ride the bus! My FIL drives a school bus, so he took DD on his route a couple weeks ago. (MIL was riding too) She made friends with a little girl and they sang their ABCs and Twinkle, twinkle. She loves the bus, and so will your DD!

Vicki- I totally agree with all the girls. It is so cool that you and DH go bowling!! I get a little jealous every time you talk about it, but I also love hearing that you do that! Our closest bowling alley is about 25 miles away, so it's not like it would work out for us anyway. I guess I'm jealous about that too!:lol

Jennifer- I hope the schedule you set for yourself so you wouldn't follow it is working out! How's school going?

Scooby- How are things in TN? Hope you and yours are well!

I'm so tired. My dog has been having bladder problems at night, so last night I took the water away before bed. She got me up 3 times. It wasn't until the 3rd time that I realized she was going outside to drink out of the pool! :angry Now what do I do?

Shopping was fun. Mom and I got a lot of cute clothes for DD! I even found a cute Birthday Girl shirt that she can wear to school on Friday. They are going to have a little party for her. I'm bringing cookies and goody bags. DH and I got some toys. We got her a Swim to Me Puppy, a Kai-lan playset, a race track and some cars, and (:eek!) roller skates. We also got her Monsters vs. Aliens, but Tiptoe will give her that. I think I'm pretty much done.

I am going to try really hard to be here for a chat tomorrow night. I'm having bestie withdrawals! I need a fix soon!! Love ya!:manyheart

Hi Ladies

We handed everything in today and now I just have to sit back and wait and see what happens. I didn't sleep much last night but Iam feeling better today. I think a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Stacy I will keep you in my prayers that everything comes out all right.

Colleen I too have been doing more cleaning then crocheting this week. Cleaning is helping me deal with things.

Shannon did you get your shopping done? Tell us what Janna wants?

Vicki WTG on bowling.

Beth sorry about Ds not getting his permit but :cheer for DD.

Joanne WTG on your decluttering. Can you add me to facebook?

LeaAnne I like the killing her with kindness. I think I will keep that in mind.

I don't know if I can make it tomorrow night for chat but I should be here for friday night chat.

Talk to you later

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Oh ya, I almost forgot to tell you all that DD had a good day at school. She talked all the way home about what she learned today and was very happy. :yay Tomorrow we start the next swimming level :xfin that that goes well!

Mary- I'm so glad you're feeling better today! I pray that all goes well!

Colleen- Yay for DD's great day at school. My DD is quite the chatterbox on the days she goes to school too. Isn't it great? Good luck to DD in swimming tomorrow!!

Hi guys! I am so tired! I want nothing more than to go to bed! I will do that once I am off the computer. I can sleep a little later tomorrow because we have DD's speech review tomorrow. She will be dismissed from services and she is ready to be dismissed. She was funny this summer. She knew this was coming and decided during the summer that she was going to go in to school and say all her sounds wrong so she couldn't be dismissed.

Beth - Glad to hear about your DD and sorry to hear about DS. That is hard, but I know he will do well the next time around.

Stacy - Good luck with the surgeon! Let us know how it goes. You will feel so much better when all is said and done!

Shannon - YAY for birthday shopping! It sounds like you got lots of great things for Janna! Happy birthday to your little one!

Colleen - mitts and hats weather! YIKES! I don't remember what that is anymore! I am glad the cooler weather has helped in the cleaning department. I haven't gotten anything done. I want to go on strike. Hubby needs to do some of this stuff around the house while he is home.

LeaAnne - Keep killing her with kindness girl!

Mary - I can't wait to hear what happens with all the information! I am watching the skies for flashes of color!

Ok, I am off to bed. I will try to check in tomorrow. Hope you all have a great night!

Vicki

Good morning!

Colleen, I'm happy to hear the dd had a great day at school! :clap

Mary, I am happy to hear that you are feeling better today. :hug

I had the worst sleep last night. Mia was up every hour, coning into my bed. I'd put her back, and she'd come in again. Plus she woke up yelling a couple times. We slept with the window open, someone let their dogs out at 4 a.m. and they fought (growling, barking, etc) for almost an hour! :angry The younger 2 woke up after dh left so I can't even go back to sleep. I am :tired

Today I am helping out in Mia's class. The appt.with the surgeon is at 4:15. I am hoping Roomie can watch the kiddos- it's about a 45-minute drive since we moved, and dh won't be out in time.

Gotta go start the morning. Happy Thursday, besties!

Good morning ladies!

I have another busy day ahead of me. MIL is going to take DD so I can wrap presents and go to Wal-Mart. I need to go get her ready, but I wanted you all to know I'm thinking about you! I'm going to try to get everything done so I can be here for chat tonight. Wish me luck--here I go!:manyheart

hey, hey, besties!

Happy almost Friday!

I hope you are all having your best day....

Beth- sorry about DS... what a dumb question to ask a 15 y/o:eek Hooray for DD! I :heehee too when I read the accelerator comment! Too funny!

I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing kind of day! :hug(I am sending you a hug back!)

Colleen - :yayfor DD settling in at school. You must feel so much better! Oh, and WTG :nworthy on your cleaning frenzy! You are right... the fall air is great for motivation!

Stacy - I am praying for you with your surgeon appointment, and am glad to hear that it is being addressed so quickly! You will feel so much better a couple of days afterwards, I promise! :hug I wish I lived near you, cause I would watch the girls for you... I hope that roomie steps up for you today.

Mary - you must feel like the weight of the world is off your shoulders. i am proud of you:hug I keep praying for a peaceful resolution to your problem. :hug:hugto DH, too! This must be equally hard on him.

Just remember to "kill 'em" with sweetness when you have your meeting. I had forgotten how effective it can be in making someone realize what a jerk they've been ;). My choice is always ultimately the high road...

Just remember the old saying "Keep smiling... it makes people wonder what you're up to!":devil

Shannon - T minus 2 days to mini-pumkin-ness' Birthday! :yay How exciting is that?! Give her a big birthday squeeze from her "Auntie Lea", ok? I am praying for good luck for you today, as you are on the race to get everything done! How many guests are coming to the party? ...and the most important question: what kind of cake are we having?! :P:hug:hug Oh, and I have that belt you mentioned... except I loaded it with smileys!!!!:wink:lol

Vicki - I hope that the release from speech goes well with DD today, and that you have a fantabulous afternoon! ...and WTg on those Awesome bowling scores! I bowl candlepin. I tried the big balls once, but ended up looking like that episode of "I Love Lucy"! :lol

Joanne - love your new siggy...:P I got a kick out of your post last night about DH's "toys"... My DH also has 3 guitars :shrug....I guess it's kind of like hooks and yarn to us! :rofl we all need our vices. WTG on getting so much done in your house! Are there any open houses planned yet?

How is DD settling into her new place? I hope she gets to enjoy the U2 concert!

Last night was our first real PTO meeting of the year. I sat next to my "friend". It went well. She is still not speaking. so, this is what I did... when it came to the end of her turn to talk, I publicly thanked her for her years of service to the children of our school! It was so funny to see her jaw drop :rofl. She totally did not see that coming. She didn't acknowledge or thank me, but I didn't care. That's not why I did it. My 2 counterparts who witnessed "the behavior" the other night were laughing their heads off at the end of the meeting... they were feeling my forehead, like I had a delirious fever or something. I told them to make sure they bring their "barf buckets" to the meetings this year... I am going to be SICKENING! :lol

Other than PTO, I have been on a bit of a cleaning frenzy, too! Last week, I ripped up and rearranged oldest DD's room. This week, I did the other girls' room. This weekend will be DS' room (unless I get a burst of "I can't wait anymore" energy). I have also caught up all of my laundry, and put summer clothes away, taken down and purged last year's cold weather clothes. Everything is washed and put away. All of my curtains have been taken down, and my clean fall curtains are up. also in the last week, I have purged a chest of drawers that lived in my bathroom, and threw it away (there was a drawer missing anyway). I have a ton more to do, but am happy about how far I've come.:D

The first nice day next week, I will be walking to the post office to mail out my squares. i am so sorry that I am so late:blush... it's just been an insane flurry of weirdness around here. Thank God things are beginning to settle down a little. (for all of us, I hope:clover)

I hope you have a great day, and I will try to be here to chat tonight.

:hug:manyheart:hug

Stacy - Good luck with your surgeon appt!

LeaAnne - WTG killing her with kindness AND cleaning house! You are on a roll!

Shannon - Good luck with the birthday preparations. It will be fun-ness. I also want to know what kind of cake we're having?

Mary, Beth, Joanne, Vicki - :hi I hope you are having a great day!

It has been non-stop action here today! DD had her first swimming lesson and did fabulous :yay:yay:yay. Then she got dressed and we went to the library, which is in the same recreation centre. Then we stopped at the grocery store to get some stuff for her lunch tomorrow. Came home, had lunch, went to the mall to try on and buy a snowsuit. And we found one with no tears or breakdowns or anything :faint:yay Life is good. Now I need a serious nap. :yawn Off to work in a little while. See you later for chat!

Hey girls!

I'll definitely be here tonight, but I might be a little late. DH said he'll lay with DD if she isn't asleep. I'll be here by 8:30 at the latest.

I'm super-excited to talk to my Besties!!:clap:manyheart

Awe, I'm bummed! The NY Rangers don't start their season until tomorrow! I thought they started tonight. Oh well. Their network is showing the 7th game from the '94 Stanley Cup finals! Maybe I'll watch that! I have some reading and some writing to do anyway.

Stacy - How did the appointment go? What did he say?

Shannon - Did you get all the presents wrapped? When is the party? I hope you all have a great time!

Colleen - Is the cleaning bug still up there? It's no where near me in Texas, I can tell you that!

LeaAnne - I LOVE that you gave your new "friend" a compliment! And it was even better that she had no idea what to say! I love it! Barf buckets will definately be in need at all your meetings! Good for you!

I hope all my besties have a great night! I love talking to you all! You are the best!

Vicki

Hi Ladies

I had a wonderfull sleep last night. I slept for 8 hours, alot better then the 4-5 hours I have been getting. The cleaning bug has gotten here. Today I did 3 loads of laundry, did dishes, dusted, swept and mopped floors, cleaned bathroom, cleaned out bottom of china cabnet, put all my containers away, cleaned off kitchen table and made dinner. Tomorrow is vacuuming and cleaning up family room down stairs. Iam ready for my 2 grandkids tomorrow. Iam sooooooo excited. They are just what I need right now.

This morning DH asked me if we had to go to the hall this morning. I said NO and he said oh I forgot. He is still upset but things will get better.

I will try and make it here later.

Talk to you later

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Archived