Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have thought about putting together a Bucket List- I better get on that since I'll soon be 54.

I would like to see the West Coast of the US, would love to see Toronto, Ireland, Italy and France.

Would like to take a cruise

I guess one thing that was on my unofficial bucket list was to finish my college degree which I did already...and go back to crochet...which I did....

Colleen- yes, put seeing the movie on the top of the list- it was really good!!

I think I'm going to sign off too and try and get another round done on my 11 point RR (I still can't believe that!!!before I head off to bed. Lots of cleaning ahead of me this weekend.

Have a good night.

Night LeaAnne---wherever you are......lol

Hi girls!

Was I the only one not here for chat??? I'm so bummed that I couldn't be here. I will say that reading everything at once was fun, and I have a couple observations I'd like to share.

1) Mary, did you let these people know that you are in a "cleaning" group? Maybe that will shut them up!

2) Shame on all of you for saying you will go to "God's country" to kick butt!:lol I really don't think He'd be okay with that. (that doesn't mean those people don't deserve it)

3) My husband and I are both lefties, so I got your joke right away, LeaAnne! I've always felt that right is wrong.

4) Thank you for remembering to pick me up on the way to Canada, Vicki! I think we should find a middle spot, which would probably put us in Nebraska or something!:lol

Vicki, thank you for letting me know about your potty troubles. I'm starting to feel like I'm a bad mother because DD will be 4 next week. But then part of me really feels that she's not quite ready, and that it might just be another area she's delayed in because of her seizure activity. She made me proud tonight though. She stayed dry from 6-11. She went big girl potty at the circus, and then again when we got home. :yay:yay:yay

The circus was so much fun! I loved the elephants! My niece is quite the chatterbox. Example: "Magic is evil!" and "Are those girls wearing panties?" and a whole lot of "What are they going to do?" She was cracking me up, but my ear is a little bit sore!:rofl:haha:rofl

Okay, I need to go finish these invitations! All I have left is gluing them together. Can we schedule another chat soon? I don't know if I can wait until next Friday! I miss you girls so much! I'm sure you're all having sweet dreams right now, so I'll say have a good morning! :manyheart

We missed you Shannon. :yay for Janna going big girl potty. :rofl about your neice the chatterbox. That's exactly like my DD. Non stop chatter!

Nebraska...? I'll volunteer to drive a little bit further if we can meet somewhere more interesting. :lol No offense to Nebraska, but it isn't on my bucket list.

I just cleaned everything out from under my sink and wiped the cupboard down. DH has gone out to buy us a new kitchen tap since the current one kicked the bucket this week. Leaksville. Duting, tidying all on the list today. It is cool and rainy, so a great day to get things done!

Good luck with your cleaning and decluttering today Joanne! I'll be thinking about you!

We missed you last night Shannon! Glad to hear that the circus was good and that everyone had a good time. I know about chatter boxes. My DD is the biggest one! And glad to hear that Janna had a good potty day!

I don't have a bucket list made. I actually never thought about making one. There are places I would love to go, like London and Scotland. I would like to go see Mount Rushmore too.

DD has tae kwon do this morning and then she is going to her friend's house for a sleep over. I need to vacuum and fold some towels. I will do my laundry tomorrow.

Ok, ladies, have a great day. Talk to you all later!

Vicki

Morning, everyone!

sorry about last night... I lost my internet connection and couldn't come back:angry

I loved reading everyone's bucket lists!

Shannon - :cheer:cheer:cheerfor the circus! I am glad you all had a wonderful time:yes ...and WTG for Janna on the potty! Just remember that all kids learn at different times. 1/2 of my kids we 4 when they finally "got it".

Stacy - I hope you got a good treat on your walk last night! How are the fires? Are they gone? Is your air back to normal?

Joanne, Vicki, Colleen - :clover with your cleaning today!

Mary - thinking about you :sher... and :tdown on those meanies! I hope you and DH get lots of peaceful realxing time this weekend!

:hi, Beth! You'll have to come to chat sometime... it would be so cool to have us ALL... best wishes for a wonderful weekend.

Today and tomorrow I am catching up my house, and rearranging/purging at least 1 bedroom. I want to tackle my kitchen, but am going to wait until when the kids are in school, and DH is at a customer, so I can make a mess. My theory is that you have to make a mess to clean things right, if that makes any sense!

I better get at it...

Have a wonderful day, everyone!:hug:hug:hug

Nebraska...? I'll volunteer to drive a little bit further if we can meet somewhere more interesting. :lol No offense to Nebraska, but it isn't on my bucket list.

:rofl South Dakota is really cool- we could meet up there and see the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, and the Black Hills before heading north! :cheer Plus Vicki could cross off something for her unofficial bucket list. :wink

Shannon, I'm glad you had fun at the circus! :cheer:clap:h5 to dd for going on the big girl potty! :yay

Leanne, I totally understand your theory! That is mine, too. sometimes when I am purging a room, dh will come in and say, "Uh, I thought you said you were going to clean that?" He just doesn't understand. :lol

I got a bottled coffee last night and am enjoying the last half this morning. Yummm...:manyheart

I just checked out our news website and the fires are almost completely contained, which is good. It's not supposed to be windy for the next few days so they should be able to put it out completely, soon.

:whew I just had my morning workout. Roomie's oldest dd just opened the side gate and my dog went running out. He is small enough to fit through the front fence and I had to go chasing after him. By the time I found him, he was almost a block away. :eek Of course when I caught up to him, he went running the other way, which was back toward our house. :lol I caught up with him in the neighbor's yard. That little dog is quick!

Well I better get going and take a shower. We're supposed to go to the Natural History Museum today but I feel like staying home and being domestic. I found a recipe for monster cookies that I am dying to make. :drool

Good Saturday to you all!

Not much to report here. Just thought I'd come on and say hey!

Nebraska doesn't sound fun to me either (sorry Nebraska!) I have always wanted to go to the Poconos, though. I haven't been to New York in 3 years, so I may have to plan a trip soon. I don't think DH will go back. He had to drive and was not happy about it. But I'm all for going up there.

Okay, you can tell I'm tired 'cause I'm rambling! I think I'll go now. I'll be back when my brain can think again. Uh oh, I may never be back if I wait for that.:lol:manyheart

DH installed and uninstalled a faulty tap this morning :angry Poor guy, I hate to see him all twisted and turned under that little kitchen sink (he's not a small guy and has this bad back). We finally agreed that we would go without a tap for a couple days and call a plumber on Monday, but he feels so guilty about not doing the work himself he's gone off to the store to look for another tap. :ohdear I'm trying to figure out if I can convince him we should eat out tonight since I don't have a kitchen tap :rofl

My MIL came over for a visit this afternoon and says. Do you realize that 3 mos from now Christmas will be all over? :faint:ohdear What kind of .... I'm going to stop this story here so I don't get censored. :rofl

I hope everyone is having a super Saturday! :hug

Colleen, I just noticed in your sig that you are in the Yarn Strike-along. How is that going? Yarn-buying was my superficial sacrifice for Lent last year (I always give up one thing superficial and one thing meaningful :lol) and I did pretty well!

Ok, I had to Google the Poconos :blush and they look so pretty! :manyheart

Dh came home from work and said he didn't want to go anywhere today, either! :clap So he is out in the garage building shelves, and I am waiting for him to finish so I can run to Target. I am running into difficulties making a dinner list this week. Anyone care to share favorite dinner ideas? :D

Awww your poor dh!! Good luck with that eating out idea. Maybe he will tell you to use the bathroom tap. :rofl:yuck

Yikes @ your MIL! LoL @ being censored. 3 months, though...that sounds so soon! :eek

Archived