Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

:woo, Colleen! congrats to DD on being such a good hostess:yay! Sounds like you have a nice plan in place to handle a trying time in her little life.

...thanks for the nice words, too... I sometimes underestimate the size of my :bheart. I try to have room for everyone (especially family, which you all are to me!)... it was nice to be reminded that I am how I am for a reason (perfect words at the perfect time, btw :wink) My heart has 210 kids in it tonight. I need to remember that.;)

Have a nice time at work tonight:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi girls.

I can't stay long, but I didn't want to miss out on the love-fest. I'm so blessed to have you all in my life, too. I just wanted you to know that.

I had the worst migraine I've ever had last night. Now it feels like it's trying to come back. I'm going to lay down for a bit, and hopefully I'll be up for catching up more later. Have a great day everyone.

LeaAnne and Mary- Good luck to you both and you're in my prayers.

:cryI just love you guys too! LeaAnne- you sure have a wonderful way of sharing your feelings- I admire that immensely. I will be thinking of you at 7- I'm sure you'll do fine.

DD called and said she and BF will handle the move with a u-haul- no need for me to take off work. She thanked me for all the work I did yesterday in helping her. Now to focus my energy on finishing getting this place ready to show.

Can't stay on long right now---gotta go make dinner-

Frozen cavatelli with sauce and broccoli (I told you---I only do frozen, microwave or take-out) lol

Will try and get back on later to respond to all.

Just know that:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:hug----is how I feel about all of you.

And for the record, I:cry too when I read all these posts (but they were tears of joy- that we have all found each other)

Hi Ladies!

Leanne, I got on here right at 4 o'clock without meaning to! That was a sign- I said a prayer for you. :manyheart I am sending lots of :hug for you to be strong and get through what you have to say without :cry. :hug

Colleen, I'm happy to hear the play date went well. The recipe for my enchiladas came from an issue of Real Simple. When I checked to see if it was available online, I found this: A month of dinners. Here is the one I use: Zesty chicken enchiladas. It takes a bit of work, but it is worth it- yumm!!

Thank you for all of the suggestions about the dog. He does have a crate, which he doesn't like much, and he did poop in it the other day. Although he did have diarrhea so I'm not sure if he just did it because he couldn't hold it? He stays in it when we are gone, and also when the front door is open, because if the kids open the screen door when he is out of his crate, he will run outside. I did buy a rawhide bone today and he has been chewing on it for almost an hour already, so maybe I will just keep a stock of those.

Joanne, :yay for not having to help! Good luck to dd and her b/f on finishing it all. And also good luck to you on getting the house ready. Do you have an open house planned or is it being shown by appointment?

Shannon, I hope your headache clears up without much pain. :hug

I am feeling kind of :yuck and :sick now. I didn't get my ID yet, but we did go to Wally World to pick out a new helmet. Dh has school tonight, and I think the girls will be going to bed early. I know it sounds bad, but I just want some quiet. :blush

Hi Ladies

I think God put us all together here at the same time. He wanted us to find each other. I too where my heart on my sleeve.:manyheart

:hug:hug:hug To everyone today. If we ever meet up one day, we will need the biggest box of kleenex anyone has ever seen.:cry

Iam keeping everyone in my prayers today, and LeaAnne I have been praying that everything will be good with you tonight.

I have to go and type up my letter and then I want to crochet. I have not got anything done since last Wed. when this all started. 2 more days to go.

Talk to you later

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

LeaAnne - My prayers were said and I hope the meeting goes well and the person who needs to hear things hears them. It is not easy dealing with other adults. They don't want to hear it! I know what you mean about crying when upset or frustrated. I do it and my nose turns bright red!

Stacy - I keep my dogs in their crates, but I need to. My second dog, Aurora (yes, they are all Disney themed names!) is on a special diet and needs to be kept separated from the others when they are eating. Otherwise they eat her food and she eats the food that makes her get diariah ( I can never spell that word!). When they are not in their rooms we out them every hour or two because they are small dogs and need to go sometimes. We blocked the upstairs off because they were going up there and using it as a rest room, so we put a new gate there. And as soon as they get out of the crates we put them outside. It is not an option, although Belle tries to make it so she doesn't go out. We find that they are pretty good on the first floor. It takes a while, so don't beat yourself up. Just make sure the shoes are out of the way. When DD was younger one of the dogs chewed her shoes and she wrote me a note to tell me that the dog "ruwind" her shoe and she was mad!

Mary - How are you feeling? Have you calmed down any?

Shannon - I hate migraines. They are the worst! I always find that if I take Excedrine Migraine when I first feel it, it helps and even gets rid of it. There are times that I take the Excedrine and need to go lay down in my room where it is darker. That helps. I usually put something on the t.v. that I like and I close my eyes and just listen to it.

Joanne - YAY for not having to help move! I hope it all goes well!

Beth - Hey there! Hope all is going well for you!

Colleen - YAY for a great play date! This is a first step!

I hope you all have a great night! TTFN!

And I agree. You guys are the BEST! I am glad I found you all!

Vicki

Thanks for the advice, Vicki! Too cute how dd wrote you the note about how the dog "ruwind" her shoe!

I'm starting to think we are letting him out of his crate much longer than we should be. With 3 kids, there is just no way that I can keep my eye on a dog every single moment of the day. I do send him outside as soon as he comes out of the crate. On several occasions, I have watched him go to the bathroom outside, then come in and do the same about 15 minutes later. :shrug Roomie has a boxer and I wonder if it a territorial thing?

Well my dad is calling for the girls so I will be back!

Just popped by to see if there was any news from LeaAnne. I've been thinking about you, LeaAnne. :hug

Shannon - Take care of yourself. I get migraines too :ohdear

Stacy - Thanks for the recipe links. I'll check them out. :clap

Joanne - Glad you have more time for your own home (or resting or :crocheting).

Good night!

Hope all went well tonight LeaAnne.

I worked on my RR (the 11 point one:lol). As it gets bigger each round takes longer and longer- worked on 5 rounds tonight. I've finished about 22 rounds. It was nice to sit and just :crocheting tonight. It really helped relieve some stress!

Sorry Stacie- I don't have a dog (am I the only one that doesn't have one?) so I can't give any doggie advise. (Wait, I don't think Colleen has a dog either due to DD allergies)

Shannon- hope the migraine is feeling better.

Mary- hope you also got to :crocheting tonight after writing your letter

Vicki- how many dogs do you have? Last I looked Yanks were tied after an almost 2 hr rain delay. DH put the footvall game on. Rooting against Dalls, but they are winning 10-7

Beth- hope work wasn't too terrible tonight

Colleen- Did you et a chance to do any more on your sister's throw?

Well, I'm tired so I'm heading to bed.

:hug to all!

Joanne, I'm so curious to see how your 11-point rr turns out! :clap Are all rr's "supposed" to have an even number of points? :think

Leanne, I hope all went well today. :hug

The older kiddies are in bed early :devil and youngest dd is lying down with me. She did pretty well in her bed for a few days but SIL put my niece on it last night and Eva slept with us- :sigh. When I put the other two to bed tonight, she grabbed her Dora blankie and bedtime Pablo and headed straight for my room. I hope that one night didn't ruin our progress.

I looked through the "month of dinners" link, and I seriously think there is only 1 or 2 dishes my kids would actually eat. :shrug I should have looked through everything before I posted it. I hope it can help you all a bit more than it will help me. :lol

Good morning, my besties!

Joanne - I have 4 dogs. Yes, that is correct; 4. The last one my husband wanted, so we got him. He is very different from the girls. I think I like girl dogs better. They are not as aggressive.

LeaAnne - How did everything go?

Shannon - I hope your migraine is feeling better.

Stacy - It could be a territorial thing with the dogs. Do you reward Klause when he goes out and does his thing?

Okay ladies, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I will talk to you all later!

Vicki

good morning, everyone-

Thanks so very much to each of you for your thoughts and prayers last night. I felt them all, and please know that it meant the world to me.

The meeting went about like I thought it would... the person who needed to hear things... didn't. Instead, she turned the table, saying (without saying) that I was the one being inappropriate because I used CAPS and bold in an e-mail. She wasn't hearing me, which is why I did it. I was so frustrated with her. She just said how inappropriate and unproffessional "that behavior" is... like it was all MY fault! She neither apologized for being condescending, nor did she change her approach while she spoke at us. She did not allow me to speak, and kept cutting me off. So, yep, I got all frustrated and cried. I was visibly shaking I was so angry. Everyone (including the principal) noticed that she did not speak directly to me. Not even a "hello" or a "good night". Nothing. I think in the end, she did HERSELF a dis-service, by acting so classlessly. She did not even apologize to the principal when the "gleaning" (and then defining it for us in parenthesis) e-mail was brought up specifically to her. Unbelievable.

I guess the lesson I took away from the meeting is that I now know how I need to "play" this year with regards to communicating with her... I was hoping things would go back to normal, but I don't see it happening. It's kind of sad. This is supposed to be fun. We are volunteers, and this is not a business.

One thing I did make sure we covered was "roles and responsibilities" of each board member. I am glad I did. Because when she steps on my (or anyone else's) toes again, I will be able to remind her what is not her job. She really doesn't realize that I, too, can play this game, but up until now I had chosen not to. I guess she'll find out.

Thanks for listening, girls, sorry this is so long and sorry I didn't stop by last night... I was too mentally exhausted.

I hope you all have a wonderful day-

I love you all! Thanks again for "having my back!"

Stacy- How is Klaus behaving today? I forgot about roomie's dog. It may be a territorial thing.

Joanne - :cheer:cheerfor DD finishing her move! I am glad you didn't have to take the day off.

Shannon - how is your migraine today? I hope you are ok.

Beth - :clover on the permit tests today! :clap

Mary - How is your battle going? Did you finish your letter?

Colleen - No school until tomorrow, right? Any big plans with DD today?

Vicki - I hope your day is GRAND!

I'll try to come by later... gotta go finish getting ready for a :birthday!

Good morning!

LeaAnne- I'm so sorry that the meeting didn't help things. You've handled it professionally so far. It's time to take the kiddie gloves off and put the boxing gloves on:box:box Just make sure you remember that we are ALL in your corner!

:birthday to Krissy!! How is she feeling? Relax, enjoy your day, and give all your kids big :hugs from me! What is Krissy getting for her birthday?

Colleen- :yay for DD's awesome hostessing skills!! And :yay for a new tap! Have you worked on the throw or the cornucopia lately? I can't wait to see pics!

Joanne- You are such a wonderful mother. You are there whenever your DD's need you. But I'm glad DD didn't need your help moving today. You have so much on your plate right now. Take care of you and DH, okay? I worry about my besties. I can't help it.

Vicki- I'll have to try Excedrin next time. I have a prescription at my house, but I didn't bring it with me to Mom's.

Beth- Good luck to the twins today!! And :hug:hug for you (one for each kid) to get through it!

Stacy- I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Feel better soon. We have crates for our dogs too. They even eat in theirs. If you put him in it for something like that, he might like it better. But I'm thinking it might be a territorial thing too.

Mary- How did the letter turn out? Are you sending them today? I've been praying for you. 1 more day!! Did you get any crocheting done last night?

I typed up a long message last night and lost it. But I was here checking in. I'm feeling much better today. And I ended up getting my parents a 6 qt. slow cooker for their anniversary. They loved it!! I was so surprised. Have a great day everyone!!:manyheart

Hey ladies!

I am not having a good day. I came home from taking Isabella to school and my side was searing! I took off my jeans and just laid on my bed for like, 15 minutes. It seems I cannot wear pants with a restrictive waistband, so I am wearing velour pants right now. Very fashionable, yes? :lol I have an appt. tomorrow at 8:45. Wish me luck!

Today is school picture day, and I didn't order them. They are ridiculously expensive so I told Isabella that I would take the 3 of them to Target to get them done. She was not happy. She moped about this morning and would not look at me when I dropped her off. I feel guilty because I don't think she is fitting in, and not getting pictures is going to make her feel left out. :( She gets her new belt tonight, so I'm hoping that cheers her up a bit. I need to find something that is going to boost that girl's confidence.

Leanne, I'm so sorry that the woman did not hear what she needed to hear. Just curious, but if the principal sees that this woman is being extremely difficult and rude, then why is she still on the board? :shrug I understand that it is volunteer, but it seems to me that if she is causing so much trouble, she should be removed.

:birthday to Krissy! I hope she is feeling better so she can enjoy her day!

Shannon, I'm happy to hear that your parents had a wonderful anniversary and that they loved your gift! :clap

As for Klaus- we keep his food in the crate, too, along with a soft blanket and his toys. It is totally his area. He really liked it at first but now that he's had a taste of the outside, he gets upset if he is in it. Last night he barked and whined for almost 10 minutes before dh took him out. I really need to read up on crate training. Roomie says it should not be used for time-outs or punishments, but then how do I punish him for chewing/peeing, etc? :shrug I need to do some research.

Happy Tuesday! :hug

LeaAnne - I'm sorry your meeting didn't go as well as it should have. Stick to your guns, stick up for what is right, and continue to do a good job yourself. I know you do it for the kids and that is what's important. :hug Happy Birthday to your Krissy today :yay I hope she has a great day!

Stacy - I'm sorry you are not feeling good. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you! :hugTake care of yourself.

Shannon - I'm glad your migraine is better and that Honey and Big Bob had a good anniversary and liked their gift. I'm sorry to say I haven't touched hook or yarn for days and my throw sits almost done and my cornucopia is still just a pumpkin and a cob of corn. I will definitely share pics when I get there.

Joanne - WTG getting some rows done on your RR. Can't wait to see it. I think the one I made recently was a 9 point, so no need to worry about even/uneven number of points.

Vicki - How is bowling going? I hope you had a good day at school.

Beth, Mary - :hi thinking about you too! Have a great day!

Things are very busy here, just a lot going on with our family and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I prioritized this afternoon and got my laundry folded, my phone calls made, DD's clothes picked out for school, ready for work, etc., etc. And lucky me, I have enough time left to visit all of you.

I'll try to stop in later.

Hi Ladies

Colleen :cheer for DD being a good hostess. I understand what you are going thru and my DD has the same problem with Ds. Keep :cheer her on and soon everything will come together.

Shannon I have had a headache since this has all started last week. I hope you are feeling better and as soon as you are, and I get my pass-port we should head to LeaAnne's :tryme

Stacy I understand about the pictures. With my 3 kids I would take them to Sears and get them done. At school they just cost too much.

Joanne I don't know how you do it. Work, move, clean, crochet, I think you are in need of some ME time.

Beth did the twins get their permits? I have been keeping my fingers crossed. Know that when DH is away we are here for you. 3 weeks is a long time.

Vicki I hope you are having a great day.

LeaAnne what can I say? I was getting mad just reading your post. My heart is very heavy for you right now. Oh great here comes the :cry:cry:cry. Iam here for you anytime. Tell Krissy I said :birthday

One more day to go. I have everything ready to hand in tomorrow. I spoke to a board member today (who has been in the club for 25+ years) and said that if something is not done about all this then Dh and I will be quiting the club also. I also asked if we should be at the next meeting and he said YES we have a right to defend ourselves. So next Wed. night the fireworks will be lighting up my sky.

I better go feed Dh, we are having left overs from my moms, and then I have to go and check on MiL and FiL. I will try and get back later.

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Hey ladies! I am done with dinner and now I am sitting here watching the Yankee game and getting ready to go bowling. The team we are bowling is going to postpone, so we should have a quick night. That is good. It takes me forever to recover from a bowling night!

LeaAnne - Happy Birthday to Krissy! I hope she has a good one! Are you feeling better today now that you have calmed down?

Mary - Let us know how it goes! You go girl and show them whose boss!

Beth - How did the twins do? Are they apprentice drivers yet?

Stacy - I will use my crate as a time out, but not often. I usually put them in the back yard as a time out instead. My dogs eat in their crates too.

Shannon and Colleen - Hope you ladies had a wonderful day!

I will talk to you all later! Have a great night!

Vicki

:hugGood evening Besties!!

LeaAnne- sorry about last night- but you are doing the right thing. Time to play the game now and not let her get the best of you. I'll be happy to join Shannon and Mary on their trip up to take care of things. Hope you had a better day today and Krissy had an awesome birthday

Stacy- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow- good luck. I also didn't always get school pics- took them to Sears (like Mary)- they didn't always like it, but hey, those school pics cost a small fortune!!! Hope that Isabella feels more comfortable soon, and no need to feel guilty. You are doing the best you can and are a loving mother!!

Shannon- glad the headache is gone and happy that Honey and Big Bob enjoyed their present. I love my crock pot--I use it a lot in the winter. (although I did pack it away in my decluttering of the kitchen) How is Janna's cro-haying coming along?

Mary- I'll be watching the skies next Wednesday- I know this has been a tough week- hang in there girlfriend!

Colleen- You hang in there too- seems like alot of us are having some stressful days. That is why I love crochet- it helps to destress me.

Vicki- glad you will have a quick bowling night- and I can't believe you have 4 dogs! Wow! And Yanks are trailing -0 in the top of the 5th. Did you see the pre-game ceremony? It was awesome how they honored Jeter and Mariano!!! Very touching

Beth- How did the twins do?? So anxious to hear!! (Do I need to stay off the roads in VA?)

Have a good night everyone-

LeaAnne, Shannon and Stacy How are your bestie squares coming along? I am sooo anxious to have them all so I can figure out to arrange them. No pressure, just wondering....:hook

Hugs to all!

Hi girls!

Stacy- I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Good luck at the doctor! I'm so glad you're going to get that checked out.

LeaAnne- How are you feeling tonight? At least that meeting is behind you now. I pray that things are better from now on. I'll be up there lickety-split if you need me!!

Beth- How'd the twins do??? I can't wait to hear!

Colleen, Mary, Vicki, Joanne, Jennifer, Scooby- Have a great night Besties!!

I'm going to put DD to bed and get a shower. We have a big day tomorrow and I don't want another migraine! Love you girls!:manyheart

You're right Joanne. It's the 3rd. But she has school in the morning, and while she's there Mom and I are going birthday shopping. Then Mom will pick DD up at school and I'm meeting DH to do more birthday shopping. Whew! I'm tired just typing it out!!:lol

hi, Everyone-

Thanks for the well wishes for Krissy... she had a wonderful birthday. we got her clothes, jewelry, lip gloss, a new fuzzy bathrobe, all a "girly girl" could ever hope for! She went to bed happy:D

Stacy - I will be praying for you tomorrow... that all goes well. Wait till Isabella sees how crappy the school pictures come out, and she'll feel much better:yes. I am with Mary and Joanne, i would prefer to go to Target or Sears too. oh, and we can't kick that woman off the board. She is in charge of booking all of the enrichment programs that come into the school, and it's grant application season. Conveniently, she has not trained anyone to fill her shoes...but believe me... I am waiting:devil...at least it's only me now who she won't be "nice" to. I can live with that (i think). I'm just going to kill her with sunshine, but not give her her way... yep, that's it! I will be so nice to her, I'll drive her nuts, and she'll get herself out.:D Meanwhile, I will be haunting her about her replacement. Nicely, of course!

Mary - I hope that things are going ok. Glad to hear that you were invited to light off those fireworks;). I'll be watching for them! ...and back atcha, if you need me, I am there:tryme We need to be strong. Remember I am here for you.

Shannon - :clap I am so glad you are feeling better! :clap Congrats to Honey and bigBob, and glad they liked their gift. I can't wait to catch up with you and chat one of these days....

Joanne - I hope you had a great day, and wish you continued success on your decluttering. it sounds like you have a good system going there. I have been doing some here, too. Cleaning is relieving more stress than :crocheting lately..:think wait a second...what did I just say??? :faint:rofl

Colleen - sorry to hear about your hectic-ness:(. I hope things settle down for you soon. I will remember you in my prayers for that.:hug

Beth =) ....did they do it? :hyper did they get their permits? I bet they did, and you are out with them in quicksilver right now! I hope you are feeling less stressed and less sad.... remember that we are here for you. :hug

Vicki - hope bowling was fun! when does DD's DI team start up?

...My bestie squares are done, but I won't get to the post office until next week:(. I can't wait for you all to get them... they are very special, just like you!

Well, I should go off to bed... I am so :tired:yawn:yawn. Tomorrow is a big day of cleaning, Thursday is a cookie table (raffle day) at school, and Friday is Krissy's birthday stay-up...ahem:heehee, I mean sleepover:yay 8 girls are invited, and 6 are staying the night. It should be FUN-ness!:dance

Have a wonderful night, all, and please know I keep you with me all the time:hug:manyheart

Archived