Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, all. John went deer hunting last night and this morning. He didn't even see any last night. Today is the last day, so after that it's wait until next season.

Well I'm having a very hard time keeping up in this post and Sky. That and I keep forgetting when I post my totals :blush. I think I'm going to start posting a weekly total and just do it on Saturday mornings. That way I can keep better track of my saltines.

I've got 24 solids to add.

I can't wait till tomorrow. I'll have a ton of saltines to add next week since I know I'll be all excited about starting the angel ghan.

Cara speaking of that.... do you think the white of the wings and the aran of the background will be okay. I was wondering if they'll sort of blend together since they are close in color.

Good Morning, all. :)

Tracy, the little ones are adorable! Boxes are great entertainment. :yes

Tabby ~ Yay for 3 more days off. I hope you can get some rest and have time to crochet, too. :hook

Donna, I've added 24 more to the list. I thought about the Aran and white, too. I think there is plenty of contrast as long as it's "real" white and not soft white. :yarn

It's supposed to be in the 70's today, so when it warms up a bit we're going to work outside. :)

Im glad all went well at the doctors. Did you buy your green yarn for your green casa yet.

You are out of control :rofl

Oh yes I could have gotten a day ahead of you in the saltine making couldnt I, where was my head today, oh yes thats right in the pogo site it was. :yes:lol busy playing pogo games.

Pogo is evil :lol I have to be careful and wait til I'm done completely for the day before I get on there :lol

Good morning, all. John went deer hunting last night and this morning. He didn't even see any last night. Today is the last day, so after that it's wait until next season.

I wish him luck. :cheer I feel for the deer on some level but as long as the meat is consumed I never have a problem with hunting. That and venison is good eating :D

Cara speaking of that.... do you think the white of the wings and the aran of the background will be okay. I was wondering if they'll sort of blend together since they are close in color.

You know I was thinking this same thing last night. The background color I'm going to use is actually Caron Pounder in Fisherman. That's a bit darker than Aran. I'm wondering if Buff wouldn't be a better choice in RHSS. :think I think I'll do up some saltines in the Fisherman and in Buff today and match them against the white.

So maybe use the same yarn for the face and the background you think? I was thinking of the buff or maybe even the linen for the background.

Yes, I'm thinking the same for the face and background :yes I'm about to do some tests and see what happens :yes Need more caffeine first :lol

Denise is on a mission. Her DH made some shelves in the under stair cupboard for her yarn and fabric supplies. :lol She then got a lot of baskets (same as I have for my yarn on the shelves) and is now sorting it all out. She is getting ready for tomorrow. :hook Mom wants to get up in the morning and start on the Angel ghan, so everything is being prepared tonight. :lol

Denise is on a mission. Her DH made some shelves in the under stair cupboard for her yarn and fabric supplies. :lol She then got a lot of baskets (same as I have for my yarn on the shelves) and is now sorting it all out. She is getting ready for tomorrow. :hook Mom wants to get up in the morning and start on the Angel ghan, so everything is being prepared tonight. :lol

I love her enthusiasm! :clap

Okay, pulled out yarn and the aran isn't going to work :no Neither is the Pounders I have. I thought they were Fisherman but they're off white. That won't work at all. I think Warm Brown is too dark. I don't have any Buff here at all to check. Guess I need to get dressed and head to JoAnn's or Michael's. Our JoAnns has a rather limited amount of yarn. Guess I should've done this right when I got up like I'd planned. Now I don't think BD can drive me. I should be okay just going to JoAnn's. It's only 5 blocks :D

Oh, my...only 5 blocks:devil

I know :lol Gets me into more trouble as I can drive that far on my own :lol

Waiting to see if BD can run me to Michael's here in a few minutes. It's gaming day so I'm not holding my breath. I don't mind driving to JoAnns but getting to Michael's on a Saturday afternoon can be a bit daunting for me :P

I don't mind driving to JoAnns but getting to Michael's on a Saturday afternoon can be a bit daunting for me :P

Same around here...it's in a busy shopping center, too.

AC Moore is having a sale on RHSS starting tomorrow:devil

Time to get the yarn for my next graph ghan: buff and chocolate brown for the Sherlock Holmes silhouette blankie.:hook

I'd like some shelves like that myself :yes I've got to get more organized this year :blush

Cara good luck. Hopefully we'll get something figured out for it. I'm thinking buff or linen myself.

Me too. I'm so very sorry about this y'all. :blush I know most of you already have your supplies and now I change things at the last minute. That's the way it goes with designing sometimes though.

Part of my organization mission this year is going to be getting every RHSS color and making a swatches of each color so I can play around with them. Think I'll put them in these CD holder books like BD uses. That way I could slip in the swatch then label the front :yes

Oh Cara that ia an awesome idea to have swatches. That would help a ton with color planning.

Yeah, anything to help my thought process of late :lol

Tell Denise she needs to come in here and say hello to us - we miss her...

Ditto :manyheart

I passed on the messages. :D Her DH says she beats me with her stash organisation, she has a whole room to put it in. :lol I laughed and said yes, a Harry Potter room. :lol

:rofl :rofl

Okay, turns out Lace is a Caron Pounder color. And it's very close to Buff. The Buff will work very well I think. I will be using the Lace though because it's just a tad darker and I think I like it better.

I'm jealous. I want a craft room, with shelves! Heck, I think at this point I'd settle for more storage room :lol

I think I ran into a problem with the baby rings MAM. I used an H hook with the CSS and length is ok. They're around 32-36" (I forget off hand how long). But width isn't going to be. It's an estimated 21" wide. Definitely not wide enough. So do I make more strips? Or scrap it and start something different?

I'd just make more strips. That's the beauty of a MAM.

I forgot to add, it's in Caron SS brights and each strip starts with a different color. If I add more strips, I might have to have a total of 12 strips. And that I don't have time for :lol

Archived