Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I'm thinking about starting some squares for an H bag for the Vanna's contest. I was going to use remainders of what I had left from the RR and do the Lacy Stars pattern. I don't have any Dusty Pink. I thought I did. I have plenty of the Antique Rose, pink and Dusty Green. So I might do a different square pattern instead.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two quilts in mind for Kim at the moment. Her chair sits right beside double glass doors and with the cold weather we've been having this winter they just radiate the cold into the room. One of the patterns I don't know how to describe, but the other has mountains, pine trees, and deer in it.

Decided to stay off here and buckle down on the GT yesterday. Well, I ran out of yarn before I ran out of afghan :lol Guess I didn't buy enough, huh? So today or tomorrow I have to see if I can't find some that'll match this dye lot. That's always fun :lol

Think today I'll start the baby blanket I have in mind instead :hook

Hi Miss Cara! What colors and dye lots? Maybe one of us will have some that you need. :)

I'm thinking about starting some squares for an H bag for the Vanna's contest. I was going to use remainders of what I had left from the RR and do the Lacy Stars pattern. I don't have any Dusty Pink. I thought I did. I have plenty of the Antique Rose, pink and Dusty Green. So I might do a different square pattern instead.

Let us know what you decide to do! :yes

5 Saltines please! And Thank you!

5 more added to the list. :hook

I have two quilts in mind for Kim at the moment. Her chair sits right beside double glass doors and with the cold weather we've been having this winter they just radiate the cold into the room. One of the patterns I don't know how to describe, but the other has mountains, pine trees, and deer in it.

I think your user name should be "quilter-bee-lmt." :D It's great that you've added another craft to your wonderful list of accomplishments. :manyheart

Let us know what you decide to do! :yes

I decided on Chrisdfriend's Friend Family Square pattern. She had posted it as a free pattern, but for some reason when I click on the link it says I don't have permission. Here's a picture of the square, I'm doing the Antique Rose surrounded by the pink. This is the thread where she posted the link for the pattern. I don't know, maybe it's just me and my computer today.

I think your user name should be "quilter-bee-lmt." :D It's great that you've added another craft to your wonderful list of accomplishments. :manyheart

Nope, busy-bee-lmt fits just fine, whether it's busily crocheting or quilting or doing counted cross-stitch or whatever. I seem to be busy doing something or other a good bit of the time. And I'm certainly not done crocheting. I just finished up a scarf tonight and started in on the second Christmas stocking for Terry, Kim's cousin.

Hello all. :hi

Slept late again, done a bit of cleaning, now back to :crocheting. :)

Linda, your quilts are gorgeous :yes

Wendy, glad you had a good day with your parents, you were very productive.

Mary, 63 solids for me, please. :hook All the saltines for the ATW are done and I am busy with the border. Not sure what I am going to do with the ghan yet, though. :think

Morning all. Busy day for me. We are cleaning the house because we have company this afternoon. I'm close to finishing my dragon. I'll either work on that or change back to the garden quilt. I haven't decided yet.

Good morning. I'm baking banana oatmeal cookies today and working on the Christmas stockings for Terry. I got two of the 13 blocks done last night. Hiding all the tails is the worst part of the stockings. 6 tails per block on the regular ones and 10 on the toes. :faint Yuck!

:yay Congratulations on finishing the ATW, Tracy! :yay When do we get to see pictures? Found your camera yet?

You are going like a house on fire with that stripy ghan, Wendy. Wow!

Hi Miss Cara! What colors and dye lots? Maybe one of us will have some that you need. :)

Well, that's not a half bad idea at all :D It's Vanna's Choice in Dusty Green dye lot #35533.

I decided on Chrisdfriend's Friend Family Square pattern. She had posted it as a free pattern, but for some reason when I click on the link it says I don't have permission. Here's a picture of the square, I'm doing the Antique Rose surrounded by the pink. This is the thread where she posted the link for the pattern. I don't know, maybe it's just me and my computer today.

Oh that happened to me recently. Probably means the same thing mine did. They took the pattern off here so the thread is deleted :(

So I did all my fancy little math and the test I did was just right. Well, close enough to know what I want to change anyway. Took me all day. Until about 3 o'clock this morning. Went to go get the blue yarn I wanted to use on it and, yes you guessed it, I have nowhere near enough yarn for it :sigh I'm beginning to think I'm destined to enter just one entry after all :lol I'll think on it today. Go through what I have and see what I can come up with. But I'm guessing I'll be moving on to something with a lower frustration level today :lol

Well, that's not a half bad idea at all :D It's Vanna's Choice in Dusty Green dye lot #35533.

Well, I've only bought Vanna's twice in my life - one set was sent to you, and I didn't get any green. :sigh

However, Vanna's is VERY cheap right now - $1.99 a skein with 10% off your entire order coupon on top of that. Maybe you call there and ask them to look for you, save you a trip if they don't have it. If they do have it, they can hold it and maybe BD can pick it up at the Customer Service Desk. He'll understand, won't he? He can take it out of your hide if it's not payday for you. :lol

I think you need to sell one or two of your patterns for pocket change. ;)

Oh that happened to me recently. Probably means the same thing mine did. They took the pattern off here so the thread is deleted :(

So I did all my fancy little math and the test I did was just right. Well, close enough to know what I want to change anyway. Took me all day. Until about 3 o'clock this morning. Went to go get the blue yarn I wanted to use on it and, yes you guessed it, I have nowhere near enough yarn for it :sigh I'm beginning to think I'm destined to enter just one entry after all :lol I'll think on it today. Go through what I have and see what I can come up with. But I'm guessing I'll be moving on to something with a lower frustration level today :lol

I have a blue variegated I just bought - is that the one?

I checked my dusty green, it's dye lot 63252. Sorry.

The odd thing about the pattern, I can't even find it on her website or blog. I figured if anyone wanted a copy then I'd contact Chrisdfriend to see if she's still offering it. I love the pattern, it's only 7 rounds and it's quick and easy.

However, Vanna's is VERY cheap right now - $1.99 a skein with 10% off your entire order coupon on top of that. Maybe you call there and ask them to look for you, save you a trip if they don't have it. If they do have it, they can hold it and maybe BD can pick it up at the Customer Service Desk. He'll understand, won't he? He can take it out of your hide if it's not payday for you. :lol

At Joann's? I went on Thursday and they didn't have of that color in stock. They were supposed to get a truck on Friday I think though. So I might run over there today and at least get the blue if the sale's still on :yes

Cara, the ATW from your site is the featured pattern on CPC this week. :hook Hope you can find more of the yarn you need for the new ghan. :yes

Oh how cool!!! That's actually Karen's pattern!! :dance:woo

Mary, 63 solids for me, please. :hook All the saltines for the ATW are done and I am busy with the border. Not sure what I am going to do with the ghan yet, though. :think

Yay for nearly finishing another WIP! :yay 63 more added.

Tracy yes I still have that one to do too.

Mary 19 solids for me thanks.

They're on the list. :hook

Archived