Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy everybody.

Congratulations to Tracy on getting past 2000. Must get a little pressie for Tracy and for Karen in the mail this week.

:hi everyone. We FINALLY have internet. :D

Mary, 318 solids, please. :hook Only three more rows and then the border for the ATW. :woo Been knitting and crocheting while waiting for the internet. :crocheting

Tracy its great to have you back again. I see you have been very busy crocheting and thats fantastic. Congrats on the 2000 and you already have a start on the next 2000. :clap

Thank you, ladies. :D And I haven't done any :crocheting since I got connected this morning. :lol

:lol :lol

I'm working on the Vertical Vintage Stripe afghan right now. Found it online while surfing and fell in love with the idea. You change colors every row. A link to the pattern and what I did on it yesterday is on my blog. Have already done 4 more rows on it this morning.

Here is the link to the pattern

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2006/11/vintage_vertica.html

Very simple. Basically double crochet in each space with a v-stitch at the end. Warning....pattern says to chain 250 to start and says it should be between 6 and 7 feet long. Well, everyone that has made it says that it is way longer than that. I normally get 12 dc/4" so that sounded about right. Mine is over 9 feet long! But I'm not starting over; this one will just be extra long. May turn up the bottom and make a pocket for my feet; not sure yet, will see when it is finished.

Oh your pattern is gorgeous. I should make a small one of these as a pet blanket. What do you do with all the threads at the start, do you weave them in or leave them as is.

Oh you poor deprived child :eek:lol

I think I've gotten almost if not the entire 3rd section of my GT squares done :clap BD got all the Lost DVDs for Christmas and they've sucked me in :lol Not much sewing but I can crochet and watch TV if it's repetitive. That TV is corrupting me :lol Maybe I'd better go back to my audiobooks next week when he goes back to work :wink

Yes Im deprived :lol never had cornbread, I will have to look into that wont I. Have fun watching all the lost programs, I find I dont get as much done when Im watching tv.

Kyla and Denise are fine, thank you. :D Denise is roasting and getting a tan in SA (they left on Monday for almost three weeks) and Kyla has been on the laptop upstairs all day. She hasn't even changed out of her pyjamas yet. She has been catching up with her friends. We have hardly ventured out this week, nights have been -3*C and days between 2 and 4. :wbrr

Oh I hope Denise is having a great time. Try and stay warm yourself wont you. I see Kyla is happily busy chatting to all her mates online.

Hi Tracy. Oh I'd forgotten that Denise would be in SA! You and Kyla stay warm and enjoy your new house. :hug It's 84 degrees here today...way too hot for this time of year, but it's supposed to be cold again on Sunday.

The weather is weird isnt it Mary. One minute its cold then the next its so hot you cant stand it. I think the seasons are changing as well.

Howdy everybody.

Oh your pattern is gorgeous. I should make a small one of these as a pet blanket. What do you do with all the threads at the start, do you weave them in or leave them as is.

You can either weave them in which is what I am doing or you can leave them as a fringe. I personally don't like fringe so I'm weaving. I figure if I do them every few rows it won't be as daunting as saving them all until the end!

Linda I did the stripe generator and picked 8 colours and am going to do just 100 stitches and 100 rows. That will get rid of some scrap yarn.

Great! What colors are you going to use?

Ok i have gold, black, yellow, green, purple, pink, teal and white. It was hard with the colours I had to pick them on the generator but hopefully it should look good. It will be great to just follow the list of what color to do next instead of spending ages deciding.

Here is an updated picture of the garden quilt. I haven't worked on it since New Years Eve.

th_DSCN0056.jpg

pic is clickable

Donna, that's lovely.

Thanks for the link, Linda. I may try a miniature version of this for my preemie blankets this year.

John's back from hunting. He saw two turkeys and just at dusk saw a doe and her fawn. Didn't get a shot at anything, but enjoyed being out in the woods.

I think I've gotten almost if not the entire 3rd section of my GT squares done :clap BD got all the Lost DVDs for Christmas and they've sucked me in :lol Not much sewing but I can crochet and watch TV if it's repetitive. That TV is corrupting me :lol Maybe I'd better go back to my audiobooks next week when he goes back to work :wink

I been waching it on SciFi. I saw a commercial for the next season when they go back. When did Kate have a kid? is that Claires kid? No I have issues waiting for answers & I am too lazy to look it up on the internet.

Here is an updated picture of the garden quilt. I haven't worked on it since New Years Eve.

th_DSCN0056.jpg

pic is clickable

Its gorgeous Donna

Thanks for the link, Linda. I may try a miniature version of this for my preemie blankets this year.

John's back from hunting. He saw two turkeys and just at dusk saw a doe and her fawn. Didn't get a shot at anything, but enjoyed being out in the woods.

Linda Im doing a small version of the vertical stripe. Im going to do just 100 stitches and 100 rows. Something like that.

I been waching it on SciFi. I saw a commercial for the next season when they go back. When did Kate have a kid? is that Claires kid? No I have issues waiting for answers & I am too lazy to look it up on the internet.

Its Claires kid but Kate takes it back to America with her. I missed why that happened, not sure if Claire is dead or not.

I really like the vertical stripe blanket pattern. :yes I think I would do one after I finish the 3SUB.

Prizsm, may I PM you about work at home ? It's hard for me to find any work where I can work from home as I am deaf. Most jobs I found are mainly telemarketing jobs.

Ok i have gold, black, yellow, green, purple, pink, teal and white. It was hard with the colours I had to pick them on the generator but hopefully it should look good. It will be great to just follow the list of what color to do next instead of spending ages deciding.

Sounds good, Wendy. That is why I like the stripe generator....don't have to spend a long time trying to decide which one to do next. Some of the ones it has together I would never have put side by side. But you know what, they work well together in the group!

If any of you are on Ravelry that have an interest in this pattern, there is a group just for it. Here is the link:

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/vintage-vertical-stripe-afghan-cal

That is how I found the pattern to begin with.

Sounds good, Wendy. That is why I like the stripe generator....don't have to spend a long time trying to decide which one to do next. Some of the ones it has together I would never have put side by side. But you know what, they work well together in the group!

If any of you are on Ravelry that have an interest in this pattern, there is a group just for it. Here is the link:

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/vintage-vertical-stripe-afghan-cal

That is how I found the pattern to begin with.

Whats the stripe generator? :think

Im on row 7 now, I really like this so far. My daughter wants to make one now so we have generated a stripe one for her with 5 colours. This is going to make a nice pet blanket and 100 stitches is just a nice size too.

Way to go Wendy! They are fun aren't they? I have 27 rows done on mine now. I am planning on 120 rows wide for mine which should be about 60" but we shall see what I think then.

Archived