Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

It's in teal, off white and wine...in Red Heart Soft yarn. I'm using one of my plastic hooks and it slides through the stitches beautifully...To make it bigger I may have to change the color repeats at top and bottom (to match), since I'm not sure how much the remining off white is going to stretch.

It'll be a while before I make a ripple again - at least one that's not a round ripple. It's boring:P

The colors must be gorgeous together! I agree...ripples are boring. :lol

So, how much time do you think I'd get if I committed Kitty-cide? My dang cat keep running and jumping onto my computer chair. It has a very high back so he leaps onto the seat then onto the back. At high speed. Today the dang cat managed to tip the chair over!!

I took the day off today 'cause I have time off to use before the end of the year. I'd planned on some cleaning and crocheting. But a book I was on a wait list for at the library came in yesterday. So far all I've done today is read. But such a pleasant way to pass a cool day.

Hmmm - Kitty-cide? They might throw the book at you. :D Enjoy your day off. :)

Here's the progress I've made on the Geo in two days...

geo.jpg

If you wanna see what else I've done this week I posted the photos on the Sky CAL since we're not supposed to double post :P

Beautiful, Cara! Your spa basket gifts are fantastic. You have definitely been on a roll this week. :cheer

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

geo.jpg

If you wanna see what else I've done this week I posted the photos on the Sky CAL since we're not supposed to double post :P

Very pretty!!:clap

http://www.angelicrafts.com/home.php?cat=285

It's mixed in with the regular RHSS. :D Only a few color selections, but at that price....

Thanks, K - I checked and I only saw the wine color, which I don't need.

Too bad I don't need RHSS!

Mary, the colors of the ripple are pretty together, at least I think so. SDR wondered why I chose those colors until I reminded him they were the colors of his home office:lol

Updated scores as of this morning...There are a total of 29,435 squares on the list. :hook

Karen (econ-nerd) 1975

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Donna (sewnsew) 966

Val (Priszm) 806

Wendy (Aussie) ***711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 671

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***627

Heather (hseger) 517

Erin (EMedley) 504

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 281

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Mary (Skysmom) *** 187

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 126

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Updated scores as of this morning...There are a total of 29,435 squares on the list. :hook

WOW!!!! That's a LOT of saltines!

I've been busy today cleaning house, putting things away, laundry, etc. in preparation for John getting home. He got home about 5:30 this afternoon. Boy, was Kim happy to see him. Sarge has spent about an hour curled in my lap purring and nose rubbing. He's happy to have me back for more than a few minutes here and there.

I've got the first of the remaining four blocks of the Stacked Cubes put together and have started on the second. It's going pretty smoothly so far. I haven't figured out what I'm doing for the border on it yet. It's not super big so I may do multiple bands of multiple colors to give it some extra size. I've got quite a bit of yarn left over so that wouldn't be a problem.

Hi Linda! I know you'll be glad to have some time to yourself now that John is home. :) Sarge must be so happy to have some "quality time" with his mom again. Please show us a picture of the Stacked Cubes when you can...I love that pattern.

geo.jpg

CARA! your making me look bad! :hook

Whoa boy - Cara, you are just about covering the world with saltines...

Now, let's see.....

29,435 squares * 2.5 inches = 73587.5 inches long.... divide that by 12.... 6132.3 feet... divide that by 5,280... = 1.16 miles of saltines... :rofl

Thanks for doing the math. :D

I didn't know what I was starting back when I challenged Wendy to see who could get to 2000 saltines first...

And that was mid-January...lots of squares made since then. :yes

Whoa boy - Cara, you are just about covering the world with saltines...

Now, let's see.....

29,435 squares * 2.5 inches = 73587.5 inches long.... divide that by 12.... 6132.3 feet... divide that by 5,280... = 1.16 miles of saltines... :rofl

Wow! That is amazing. :clap Thanks for keeping track of our progress, Mary, and, "Thank you," Karen for the number crunching.

We are under a blizzard warning through the weekend :2snow. It is not here quite yet, though, so the girls played outside all morning. The snow is deep enough that they can snow and use their snowshoes, so it was a good dose of fresh air for everyone. I have all of the groceries I need, I have a new book tucked away to read to the girls, and DH is home for the weekend, so we are all safe. We'll hunker down and play indoors, if the weather gets bad. I can always crochet in front of the fireplace :hook

Stay warm and safe, All!

I didn't know what I was starting back when I challenged Wendy to see who could get to 2000 saltines first...

Amazing how things happen sometimes isn't it? I think it was a great idea :clap

Mary - Again, thank you so very much for all the work you do keeping track of the points :hug

Had a rough night :P Went to bed at 12:30, got up at 3:30, stayed up til a little after 9 and now just got up. Guess my sleep pattern got off somewhere :lol

But I did get almost another row of blocks done of the Geo :hook

I took off to run errands and do finish up shopping for things to finish Christmas presents &/or just plain pick up more things. It wasn't too bad except for Wal-Mart, which was super crowded. Just lots of places to go and things to get. Bought some things that weren't on the list, but didn't do too badly even so. I just have to wait until John goes out tonight, so that I can bring stuff inside without worrying about him seeing stuff that he's not supposed to see. Like the frames for his filet crochet pieces and the towels that he's getting to replace some that are too threadbare to really function as towels any more. I found some lovely fleece pjs and robe for Kim and some bright pink slippers to go with them. At the flea market I got a pair of the metal Tonka trucks for my grandson. And odds and ends here and there. I'm ready to crash now.:hook

Just a quick check in to let ya'll know i'm alive. We spent approx. 36 hours without power & it was just restored around noon today. We had a really bad ice storm & are in a state of emergency. Alot of people are still without power. We had to stay with family last night because the temp. dropped down to under 30 degrees in my house. Everything runs on electric in here. We did hang in here until about 2 p.m. yesterday & then we just had to leave because the kids were freezing even in there coats & 3 pairs of socks. It is finally starting to warm up in here it has taken forever to get up to 60 in here. I have a feeling we're in for it this winter.

Anyways, I hope all of you are safe & warm. :manyheart

I took off to run errands and do finish up shopping for things to finish Christmas presents &/or just plain pick up more things. It wasn't too bad except for Wal-Mart, which was super crowded. Just lots of places to go and things to get. Bought some things that weren't on the list, but didn't do too badly even so. I just have to wait until John goes out tonight, so that I can bring stuff inside without worrying about him seeing stuff that he's not supposed to see. Like the frames for his filet crochet pieces and the towels that he's getting to replace some that are too threadbare to really function as towels any more. I found some lovely fleece pjs and robe for Kim and some bright pink slippers to go with them. At the flea market I got a pair of the metal Tonka trucks for my grandson. And odds and ends here and there. I'm ready to crash now.:hook

Linda - I must say that you are the most dedicated, loving caregiver I have ever heard of. You seem to truly enjoy your work and care, and it seems that John considers you part of the family...

Forgive me for my confusion. But, Linda, is John Kim's husband? And you take care of Kim, right? Aren't you married? :think

Oh, Tabby! I'm so glad you are all okay and back home. :hug What a horrible experience to be without power for so long. We've seen the stories on the news about the ice storm in the NE. Thank you for letting us know you are okay. :manyheart

And Dusti ~ I hope the blizzard they are predicting doesn't get too bad. DH's corporate offices are in Madison, Wisconsin and they are pretty well snowed in.

Cara ~ You are really going fast on the Geo. :cheer

Linda, it sounds like an exhausting, but good day. I agree with Krystal...you are a true find for John and Kim and and have a real "second family."

Tomorrow we will drive to my sister's at the Lake. Her DH requested no funeral - but did request an "open the bar and have a party." He was a very well known Dallas businessman and people will be there from all over the country. She's expecting well over 100 people. We are in charge of getting the parents there safely and taking them back home, so it will be a really long day. DH and I obviously don't travel in the same circles...I won't be wearing my usual jeans and sweater tomorrow. :lol

Hi Val!

Hi, Tabby - thanks for checking in, hon. Yup, we can handle anything, but once the kids are feeling the cold.... I hope things get back to normal soon. Maybe the warm up we're expecting in the next day or two will hit you up there.....:hug

Just a quick check in to let ya'll know i'm alive. We spent approx. 36 hours without power & it was just restored around noon today. We had a really bad ice storm & are in a state of emergency. Alot of people are still without power. We had to stay with family last night because the temp. dropped down to under 30 degrees in my house.

My house on fairly regular occasion gets down to low 50's and that is when I start to get crabby. Our house is pretty well insulated, so it would take several days I think to get down that low, too. When we lose power, we don't lose our heat (woodstove), but we do lose our water. THAT can get tricky with four kids... :lol Glad you're coming out of the worst of it now, though.

Forgive me for my confusion. But, Linda, is John Kim's husband? And you take care of Kim, right? Aren't you married? :think

We aren't the usual family, Priszm, so don't feel bad. John and Kim are married and celebrated 33 years together this fall. I've been their live-in companion/caregiver for Kim for the last 4+ years. We share the upstairs, but the downstairs is pretty much a self contained apartment for me. Just missing a kitchen down here. John and Kim have one son, and John has another son by his first marriage. I have a son and a daughter from my marriage. Don & I were married for 17 years and have been divorced for 20 years.

Linda, it sounds like an exhausting, but good day. I agree with Krystal...you are a true find for John and Kim and and have a real "second family."

Tomorrow we will drive to my sister's at the Lake. Her DH requested no funeral - but did request an "open the bar and have a party." He was a very well known Dallas businessman and people will be there from all over the country. She's expecting well over 100 people. We are in charge of getting the parents there safely and taking them back home, so it will be a really long day. DH and I obviously don't travel in the same circles...I won't be wearing my usual jeans and sweater tomorrow. :lol

Mary, you are right, I have found a "second" family in John and Kim and their families. One that is very supportive, too.

Mary, take care tomorrow. Sounds like it's going to be quite a party.

Judy and Tabby, take care of yourselves and your families in the nasty weather you are having. :hug

I'm back at making saltines :D I took a bit of a break to do up some other things but had to come back :yes I am making a checker board for a Christmas gift so that will get more onto my score. On that note:

Mary 12 more solids :D

Priszm, it was supposed to be for Christmas but it may just have to be for next year. I have two quiltghans going right now. The other one I'm out of yarn for and I just can't bring myself to pay the amount HL charges for it. WM quit carrying it so I'll have to suck it up and spend the extra soon. But I don't think either will be finished before Christmas. But at least then I'll have a gift for each of them ready for next year :lol

Priszm, it was supposed to be for Christmas but it may just have to be for next year. I have two quiltghans going right now. The other one I'm out of yarn for and I just can't bring myself to pay the amount HL charges for it. WM quit carrying it so I'll have to suck it up and spend the extra soon. But I don't think either will be finished before Christmas. But at least then I'll have a gift for each of them ready for next year :lol

I already started a list of projects to start in January so when occasions come up during the year I'll be ready:hook

Archived