Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Had the weekend off. Worked on a ripple ghan.

The building across from mine burned and is still burning...as of now, 16 units are lost. I believe it will be more. I'm relieved that our building is okay but my heart goes out to those that were less fortunate.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies! its been soooooo long. im sorry i havent been on in so long. life has been so crazy! the little one is getting big FAST! my mom and dad comleted their move to arizona right after we did. the new tech job position with my company is going good and allows me time to crochet on the clock hehe. i willl post pics of the little one soon and pics of finished projects! sounds like everyone is busy with christmas projects which is what im working on. will chat more later. miss you all!

Mary, another 26 solids for me today. I'm up to 153...

Yay, Judy! Great progress. :yes

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Had the weekend off. Worked on a ripple ghan.

The building across from mine burned and is still burning...as of now, 16 units are lost. I believe it will be more. I'm relieved that our building is okay but my heart goes out to those that were less fortunate.

Hi Valerie. Oh, that is so sad about the fire. I hope no one was hurt and we're sure glad you are okay. :manyheart

Hello ladies! its been soooooo long. im sorry i havent been on in so long. life has been so crazy! the little one is getting big FAST! my mom and dad comleted their move to arizona right after we did. the new tech job position with my company is going good and allows me time to crochet on the clock hehe. i willl post pics of the little one soon and pics of finished projects! sounds like everyone is busy with christmas projects which is what im working on. will chat more later. miss you all!

Hi Pickles! We've missed you lots. :)

Scootersmom, welcome to the group! :welcome Glad to have you join us. The Desert Star is a great pattern. What's your first name? We tend to use those in here. And we love, love, love pictures. :hug

hi would love to join i have started the desert star! thanks!!:cheer:bheart

Welcome to the group :hug

Mary - I love your new avatar! :yes

For some reason I couldn't get back on here last night. Oh well, got lots done anyway :D I'm down to one back scrubber for the spa baskets :yay Oh did I mention I also have to make a horsie, a hat, hopefully a sweater and the Geo again? That doesn't even count the sewing :rofl :rofl Somehow I think I'm in trouble :lol

For some reason I couldn't get back on here last night. Oh well, got lots done anyway :D I'm down to one back scrubber for the spa baskets :yay Oh did I mention I also have to make a horsie, a hat, hopefully a sweater and the Geo again? That doesn't even count the sewing :rofl :rofl Somehow I think I'm in trouble :lol

Now who's got a ton of things to do? :lol :lol :lol

handles are on 2 or 3 purses, and the flowers are made for them...just have to find "perfect" buttons for them, my purse(#4) will have to wait. DH and I had a long day I think...doctors early today, which the woman we were supposed to see got called to the hospital so we were there for an HOUR! Oh well, the doctor was just trying to catch up with all her work load. I didn't get checked but will next week, and they mentioned they will induce me(if I choose) a week after the due date....kinda scary cause that would be the day after Christmas. YIKES! Then we got lunch, picked up our extra car seat base and a few toys at Walmart(no good yarn on clearance!) Then it was off to Meijer so DH could get his cheap military haircut. Ive been watching CSI since we got home and slowly working on the purses, my right hand just hurts! Got a heat wrap for it to wear tonight to see if that helps.

Our Christmas tree got put up this evening. All but one strand of lights work. Now just have to find time and energy to decorate it.

I've now got 6 preemie quilts finished and 4 more ready for quilting and binding tomorrow. I'm tired tonight and think I'll turn in early for a change. The filet piece is now 2/3 done, too. Finished dismantling the turkey and have all the meat diced and in baggies in the freezer. We ate most of it already.

Just a quick "Hi" and then it's off to bed. I've been keeping up with you all, but haven't had much time to post. :manyheart Hopefully, tomorrow will be quieter and I can get to visit with my hook again. ;) See you all tomorrow. :hug

My doily is finished! I just need to wash and starch /shape it before taking a picture. Here's a funny for you. Mom told me she needed hotpads for 12 people. Remember the dark green/white set? That was originally part of it, well one was anyway. She said she really liked it. So I pulled it out and it's going to be her Christmas gift. She called this morning and was telling me she pulled out a green and red one for her (pretty sure I heard her right. After all, I'd only been up for 20 minutes) :rolleyes. I called Dad later and told him she's not allowed to keep any for herself. Gotta love her!

hi would love to join i have started the desert star! thanks!!:cheer:bheart

Well howdy doody, welcome to the group.

Wow Cara you have more than one wip, are you feeling ok. :lol

I'm edging the red and white blankie now....

Well done :yay:clap

:yay:clap

And I've finished the last back scrubber :yay Now a hat for little Peyton :hook

Well done. :yay:clap

handles are on 2 or 3 purses, and the flowers are made for them...just have to find "perfect" buttons for them, my purse(#4) will have to wait. DH and I had a long day I think...doctors early today, which the woman we were supposed to see got called to the hospital so we were there for an HOUR! Oh well, the doctor was just trying to catch up with all her work load. I didn't get checked but will next week, and they mentioned they will induce me(if I choose) a week after the due date....kinda scary cause that would be the day after Christmas. YIKES! Then we got lunch, picked up our extra car seat base and a few toys at Walmart(no good yarn on clearance!) Then it was off to Meijer so DH could get his cheap military haircut. Ive been watching CSI since we got home and slowly working on the purses, my right hand just hurts! Got a heat wrap for it to wear tonight to see if that helps.

Im glad all is well and wow a xmas baby, when is your due date by the way. Yes my right hand hurts too from all the crocheting. Hope your hand gets better so you can continue to hook.

Our Christmas tree got put up this evening. All but one strand of lights work. Now just have to find time and energy to decorate it.

I've now got 6 preemie quilts finished and 4 more ready for quilting and binding tomorrow. I'm tired tonight and think I'll turn in early for a change. The filet piece is now 2/3 done, too. Finished dismantling the turkey and have all the meat diced and in baggies in the freezer. We ate most of it already.

Wow you have made so many quilts, where are they all going.

My doily is finished! I just need to wash and starch /shape it before taking a picture. Here's a funny for you. Mom told me she needed hotpads for 12 people. Remember the dark green/white set? That was originally part of it, well one was anyway. She said she really liked it. So I pulled it out and it's going to be her Christmas gift. She called this morning and was telling me she pulled out a green and red one for her (pretty sure I heard her right. After all, I'd only been up for 20 minutes) :rolleyes. I called Dad later and told him she's not allowed to keep any for herself. Gotta love her!

Congrats on finishing the doily. Oh its nice that she loves your work.

Cara - what pattern did you use for the back scrubber for your spa packages? I have one puff complete and one is over half done (one to go after that). I tried on scrubber and didn't like the pattern so am looking for another idea.

Alexander is supposed to be due on the 19th, but of course, if they let me go a week over, that will land right in the range of Christmas. It was vague on how the doctor said "we let you go a week before any intervention, but its up to you when to do it" I dunno, still holding out hope we don't have to deal with that process anyhow. I had some really good contractions last night, problem is once I realized what was going on I couldn't tell when they were coming or going, just when they were peaking. Sadly, after about a half hour they stopped anyhow.

The heat wrap helped, but this morning its tingling again! I just think the pregnancy has made the tendinitis worse. I think I may warn my parents that their gift may be a little late, but I don't wanna hint to them what it is. MEH!

Im not feeling too pretty this morning, I think its because it was 20 something out yesterday and very breezy and then today its flippin' raining and 35 out already and its only 6:30am! Stupid Michigan.....

Back to bed for me, hopefully it helps.

Ps..

Im VERY annoyed that our little Ninny is in heat...shes really bad this month =( doesnt help momma's hormones at all!!!!

Archived