Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You haven't asked about the finished size yet :D I think it around 35x35 or a bit less. I'll measure it tonight and let you know for sure.

An estimate is good :D I just measured the first row of mine and right now it's 25 across. That's with one round of white and the three squares of 9. So I'm hoping once I add a border it'll be over 30.

Thank You all so very much!!!!!!! I am sure glad that you liked all this stuff, I enjoyed making them.

There are other things that I had done in a hurry to get them out for christmas that I guess I didnt get pics of them. Shame on me! :o(

Cathy

WOW that ATW is going to be very nice when done!!!

I got the colors out of a colored pencil box, lol I hope to be able to find yarn that will suit these colors... I am going to take the colors with me when I go. I would absolutely love for it to come out looking exactly like the graph..

Thank you very much

Cathy

I got the colors out of a colored pencil box, lol I hope to be able to find yarn that will suit these colors... I am going to take the colors with me when I go. I would absolutely love for it to come out looking exactly like the graph..

Thank you very much

Cathy

the Caron brites might be a good choice...just need extra weaving so those tails don't sneak out!

A quick flyby. I've got a sick child and I'm tired. :tired:lol

Mary 85 solids to report!

Now to bed I go before the child wakes up again :D

Poor baby :( Hope she's better real soon :hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :) We had strong storms last night, but no damage. Hail, wind and rain are not fun. :no

Heather, I hope your DD feels better soon. :manyheart 85 more are on the list!

I'm going to go out and do a little yard clean-up. Be back later. :yes

Haven't looked at our front yard yet but the backyard had some damage. Mainly stuff that BD left on the deck that I told him not to blew around and broke the porch cats' bowl :irk That was kind of an expensive bowl. Oh well I have another one thank goodness.

the Caron brites might be a good choice...just need extra weaving so those tails don't sneak out!

Yep, I agree. The Simply Soft type yarns tend to be a bit 'slick'.

Cathy - Great work!! I love how everything's turned out so far! :clap:yay Your ATW graph is amazing! :cheer

Okay now that the storms are gone and there's no more rain to lull me to sleep maybe I can actually get something done today :lol

Cathy, your work is great and the ATW done with those colors is going to be fabulous.

I'm working more on Kim's quilt today. Not much get-up-and-go today for some reason.

I spent all morning in the Dr office getting a nuclear stress test done ... what a pain... I had to be there at 7:45 AM ... then get an injection of radioactive material - wait 1 hour .... have pictures taken in machine ( 1/2 hour) get injection of medicine to make heart beat faster while having EKG and walking on treadmill... when done wait until heart beat goes back to normal .... wait 1 hour then have set of pictures done again... after 5 hours I got to go home... I couldn't even crochet very well because they put the IV in my right arm... Now the Dr is talking that I might need some kind of pacemaker thing as my heart beat is not right.

Thank you very much

Cathy

Can't wait to see what colors you find. :yarn

Cathy, your work is great and the ATW done with those colors is going to be fabulous.

I'm working more on Kim's quilt today. Not much get-up-and-go today for some reason.

Hi Linda ~ I'm in the same boat...I got up with zero energy, but have actually accomplished quite a bit. Now it's crochet time. :)

Tracy, was your class today? What's the current project? Full of questions today, aren't I? :D Yes, DH is gone til Friday...but not a lot of crocheting so far.

Question about the Angel ghan - What color are you all using for her hair? I have the buff for her skin and can't decide between TLC Taupe (almost the same as RH Cafe) and RHSS Coffee. I think either one will be fine, but you know me and decisions. :lol

Mary, yes class was today. :yes We started a piecing patchwork (I think that's what it is called) doing a pattern called "Carolina Rose". We have to have it finished for next class in two weeks. Next week is half term (didn't they children just go back from Christmas holiday? :eek), so no class next week. Fine by me, this piece has lots of little bits to do, all by hand. :D But I am enjoying it. :yes

I have a coffee brown for the hair, mom has a gold colour. Would be nice if our colours were named, wouldn't have to think of a description for the colour then. :lol

Question about the Angel ghan - What color are you all using for her hair? I have the buff for her skin and can't decide between TLC Taupe (almost the same as RH Cafe) and RHSS Coffee. I think either one will be fine, but you know me and decisions. :lol

I'm probably going to use Coffee for her hair. I'm also considering black (since my hair is black and I'm such an angel :rofl :rofl :rofl)

Mary, yes class was today. :yes We started a piecing patchwork (I think that's what it is called) doing a pattern called "Carolina Rose". We have to have it finished for next class in two weeks. Next week is half term (didn't they children just go back from Christmas holiday? :eek), so no class next week. Fine by me, this piece has lots of little bits to do, all by hand. :D But I am enjoying it. :yes

I have a coffee brown for the hair, mom has a gold colour. Would be nice if our colours were named, wouldn't have to think of a description for the colour then. :lol

Yes, that would be helpful if they had names :yes I really need to find a class like that around here. It sounds like so much fun!

I'm probably going to use Coffee for her hair. I'm also considering black (since my hair is black and I'm such an angel :rofl :rofl :rofl)

:sofunny:sofunny:sofunny

An estimate is good :D I just measured the first row of mine and right now it's 25 across. That's with one round of white and the three squares of 9. So I'm hoping once I add a border it'll be over 30.

I just measured it and it is 34 inches square :yes

:lol Thank you, Cara. :lol

When I was quilting, I did everything by hand except a border once in a while. Hmmm, maybe that's why I like Cara's patterns so much. :hook I'm at the point where I'm forced to make squares for the hair so maybe it's time to close my eyes and grab a skein. ;)

I spent all morning in the Dr office getting a nuclear stress test done ... what a pain... I had to be there at 7:45 AM ... then get an injection of radioactive material - wait 1 hour .... have pictures taken in machine ( 1/2 hour) get injection of medicine to make heart beat faster while having EKG and walking on treadmill... when done wait until heart beat goes back to normal .... wait 1 hour then have set of pictures done again... after 5 hours I got to go home... I couldn't even crochet very well because they put the IV in my right arm... Now the Dr is talking that I might need some kind of pacemaker thing as my heart beat is not right.

Oh, Shelly, what a pain. In more ways than one. Hope it all works out well for you. :hug :hug :hug

I got quite a bit done on Kim's quilt today, but made a major goof on the last square so have to rip out a bunch of it and redo it. Bummer. :blush

I got quite a bit done on Kim's quilt today, but made a major goof on the last square so have to rip out a bunch of it and redo it. Bummer. :blush

Hi Linda ~ So sorry about the redo on the quilt. :( One reason I don't sew much anymore is that I got way too frustrated when I had to get the seam ripper out. When are you leaving for the reunion?

Miss Angel is going to have medium brown hair...I decided on the TLC Taupe. :) DD's niece will be two in May and this may be her birthday present. She's the little one that my first quilt ghan (Baby Blocks) went to as a baby gift. :manyheart

Have a good evening/day everyone. :yes

Hi Linda ~ So sorry about the redo on the quilt. :( One reason I don't sew much anymore is that I got way too frustrated when I had to get the seam ripper out. When are you leaving for the reunion?

I think we are leaving about noon of Friday. I don't like having to rip seams either, but then I hate having to unsew saltines, too, and that hasn't stopped me. :lol :lol :lol

Oh, Shelly, what a pain. In more ways than one. Hope it all works out well for you. :hug :hug :hug

Bummer, indeed :yes I feel for ya. My seam ripper and I are close friends, unfortunately :lol

Archived