Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dusti, welcome to the group! :welcome New members are always welcome. And have a wonderful second honeymoon.

Wendy, your ATW is beautiful! Great job!:yay:yay:yay The TLC yarn is for the Games project. I'm still working on that pattern.

I started working on a filet crochet pattern today also. It will say CAYLOR in the center with other stuff going around it. It is planned as a Christmas gift for Kim and John. I might even make two if it goes together well. The second one would be for John's folks. Time will tell. At least I still have 6 months in which to make it/them. It won't be small (as filet patterns go) but it would be very portable and much smaller than an afghan. The letters were what I had blown up at Office Max this morning.

I went out with some girl friends this evening and just got home. I'm about to head for bed. See you all tomorrow.:sleep

Linda, you're joining the filet brigade, too!:cheer There are so many possibilities...

I went to Michaels the other day and was going to use my 50% off coupon for a pattern book...came out with 3:blush

They're cross stitch.:) Besides using them for that, I can use them for graph designs. One is alphabets (and has different sized of graph paper for copying), the other is zoo/wild animals, the other is pets (cartoonish, different than what I'm working on now).

I had to buy them...:devil

Good morning ladies,

I am finally back from my month of travels and am very happy to be home :yes I was in Vancouver BC from June 4th to June 18 then in North Carolina from June 21st to June 26. I had two conferences to go to plus did some visiting with family in BC. I am off to Boston for a few days (leaving tomorrow and back Tuesday).

I did manage to pick up my hook last night for the first time in ages. I did up 10 saltines and attached them too.

I missed a lot of the posts while away but read through some of the newer ones - welcome to the new folk - I am also relatively new here - this is a very friendly group :hug

Thanks :hug I will be taking some skeins to add to my saltine collection - they seem really portable :yes

They are portable...I occasionally take my "go to" bag of small projects when we go for a long drive. I get bored easily:hook

They are portable...I occasionally take my "go to" bag of small projects when we go for a long drive. I get bored easily:hook

This will be about a five hour drive each way. On the way there I will be preoccupied with going over my presentation but on the way home I plan to crochet or read a paperback :yes

Good morning! I am just checking in while I have my first cup of tea:kettle. We woke up to rain:rain, but we should be driving out of that within a couple of hours.

Wendy -- I really like the ATW you are working on; very cheerful.

Shelby -- good luck getting started. Christmas is a-ways away, but you just never know what other projects will catch your fancy between now-and-then :wink.

Aiea -- Hi. Your post was the one that prompted me to jump in with both feet and join this group. Your color choices sound good, how's the pattern going for you?

Linda & Tracy -- thanks for the welcome.

Judy -- My husband just mentioned last evening that I could use my cross-stitch-creating-program on the computer to make my own graph designs. That had never occurred to me :think. I like the idea, though I think I need a lot more practice before I attempt to make my own. I also "get bored easily" in the car, and I think it is the perfect time to crochet ;)

Priszm -- I am tickled to be taking off on vacation, and if you are comfy riding in the back seat, you are welcome to come along:bounce. I am afraid I have packed everything, including the kitchen sink, hey, I even tucked in my electric kettle and hot chocolate mix for evening treats while we are out by Lake Michigan :blush. Of course, my bag of yarn has a prominent place at my feet in the car, and I will be happy to give a progress report upon returning home.

Joyce -- hope you find time to work on your saltines.

Karen -- have a safe trip :drive.

And everyone else -- :day!! Thanks for the kindness. I just know I am going to love it here.

~ Dusti

Thanks all for the welcome. I'm having so much fun with this pattern. I can't wait till I finish the pinwheels so I can start attaching them.

Dusti - Welcome! I'll get a picture up as soon as I start attaching it. I think I've ended up mofiying the actual pattern a little as I have a hard time reading patterns sometimes. But it works for me and they look like they should and are all the same so it should work out in the end.

The funny part is I went surfing for quilt blocks this morning to see what other patterns can be modified to this style of crocheting. So when I'm done this I think I'll see what sort of colors I have left and what I can make with it. In other words I'm really in love with this style, it's awesome.

Good morning, everyone. Welcome back, Karen. We've missed you.

I've made more progress on the filet pattern. The letters are in ink, but some of the other stuff is in pencil so that I can change my mind about placement etc. I'm going to have Rosie take a look at it and see what she thinks. It's going to be a big project, that's for sure. The starting chain is 139 stitchs and there are a lot more rows than there stitches. Eek! :eek I think I'm going to mark the pattern with a highlighter every 5 rows to help me keep track of where I am. I'm also going to mark it the long way, but I'm not sure if that will be every 10 rows or 5 rows.

I don't think the new med is helping with the pain, but it's helping me sleep because it's making me very drowsy. :lol :lol :lol

Have a great day!

:welcomeWelcome to Dusti, Aiea & Laura Lee! I've only been here a couple weeks, GREAT folks!

Linda T. - I've taken Neurontin for several years for the nerve pain in my side. It will help you sleep better at night. I don't know what your dosage is, but I try to save two for bedtime and spread the other three throughout the day. This type to painkiller is one that you have to take over a period of time to work. Hang with them, hopefully they'll start to work soon. Good luck with the pain and the neurologist.

Cara - I'm so glad your Tuon is better.:cheer

Mary - Hairballs are horrible in our kitties, happy Zoe is doing so well.:manyheart

Tracy - Your items in your blog are beautiful! Good work on the Finishitis!:yay

Judi - I have being drooling over the on-line catalog all moring. Beautiful, new stuff!:drool

Wendy - Your ATW is beautiful! Great work.:yes

Finished 28 solids the day before yesterday. I had a BUNCH of auctions finish yesterday on e-Bay and was quite busy with sorting all the Latch Hook Kits out. Went crazy a couple years ago buying them, now I'm selling them all. Oh well, crochet is where I'm at and I can use the extra cash for yarn! :hook

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!:crocheting

The funny part is I went surfing for quilt blocks this morning to see what other patterns can be modified to this style of crocheting. So when I'm done this I think I'll see what sort of colors I have left and what I can make with it. In other words I'm really in love with this style, it's awesome.

I used to quilt a lot, but really like crocheting them better. Yep, there are so many wonderful quilt blocks that will work with little squares. :yes

Good Morning, all. :) It sounds like everyone is having a good weekend.

Linda, your ideas for the filet(s) sound just beautiful!

Hi Karen - Welcome back. :hook I added 10 squares to your total.

Carla, that's great about your Ebay auctions! We can't ever have too much yarn. :lol Oh, and I added 28 solid squares. :D

Linda M ~ 10 more added!

Hi to those that I've missed, too. :manyheart

aiea.... I make up blocks with whatever I have left and just join them for scrap-ghans mostly I give them to my grandgirls for doll blankets... right now I'm making a quilt-ghan using different star blck patterns...

Welcome to all the new-comers.... hello to everybody else.... still busy check in again later...

It seems like forever since I finished anything, but here is what I have to show for the last 2 or 3 weeks. :hook (Clickable)

Just Ducky #2 - the tip of his head and part of the towel. :lol

th_JustDucky2004.jpg

The Stitch Sampler from Afghans For All Seasons - about 30" x 30" so far. The darkest color is navy blue.

th_JustDucky2006.jpg

Archived