Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi, Mary!

I'm still caught up in my other projects, so I haven't made any saltines lately...it's on the horizon, though:D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is welcome to join in - the information is in my signature. Please let me know if I need to make any changes. :) (Updated Friday, 10/3/08)

Mary (Skysmom) 1834

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1754

Karen (econ-nerd) 1454

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Linda M. (mizmo) 1404

Dusti (rii698) 1291

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1223

Cathy (crashcat07) 1010

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 734

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Donna (sewnsew) 537

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Heather (hseger) 446

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Denise (denisethorpe) 381

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Kidge (Kidget29) 169

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 166

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Another 18 solids for me and the second baby quilt-ghan is almost ready. I am finishing the border now and will post a picture tonight or tomorrow when it is complete.

Can't wait to see the newest baby ghan :clap

rebelghan

At my daughters school, they have a fall fest... i might put it in the silent auction.. see what it would go for? IT wont be due until the friday after next, I can get it done by then... whatcha think?

Cathy

Oh I think that would be a fabulous idea :yes

:blush Thank you :blush It's amazing how much and how far I've come in a year. Before the 'ville, I pretty much only did afghans, ornaments and one doily. Since actually looking for patterns online my pattern library has exploded and I have sooo many I want to do :hook

Funny how that happens around here :lol I've been crocheting for 35 years and I still learn things on here all the time :yes

Hello, everyone. Just a quick hello today. John is going deer hunting this weekend so Kim and I will be have a gal's weekend. Kim is doing much better. Love you all.

Hi Linda! :hi So glad Kim's doing better. Has the internet guru shown up yet?

My ICs still on the back burner for now. I've been working on Fall/Christmas stuff this week :hook

Yes there is a space, for me it works. I also tend to crochet tightly so that may be a difference.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I was reading your instructions correctly.

I've been playing around with it, and figured out how to connect the tops of the current 3 DC's to the tops of the 3 DC on the saltine I'm attaching to. It gives a pretty nice, smooth connection, with no holes. :)

The joining as you go is going to make a difference in my ability to stick with one of these 'ghans!

Thanks! Alaina

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I was reading your instructions correctly.

I've been playing around with it, and figured out how to connect the tops of the current 3 DC's to the tops of the 3 DC on the saltine I'm attaching to. It gives a pretty nice, smooth connection, with no holes. :)

The joining as you go is going to make a difference in my ability to stick with one of these 'ghans!

Thanks! Alaina

It's funny, I thought the join as you go actually took longer for me to do the afghan. Next one I'll be whip stitching together.

It's funny, I thought the join as you go actually took longer for me to do the afghan. Next one I'll be whip stitching together.

I'm looking for a way to reduce the number of ends I have to weave in.

Thus far, this seems to be it. This and keeping really long tails on certain saltines for row connections.

I'm looking for a way to reduce the number of ends I have to weave in.

Thus far, this seems to be it. This and keeping really long tails on certain saltines for row connections.

Oh, I'm totally there with you :lol When I did the join as you go, I stitched over the tails and then cut them.

Happy Saturday, everyone. :autumn DH and I have worked in the yard all morning and now it's time to do some things inside. I've done a little fall decorating outside with a few pumpkins and mums...wish it felt more like October. :yes

Crochet time a bit later. I hope you all are having a great weekend. :hook

Good morning Mary :hug Well, I've gotten some stuff done too. Not as ambitious as yours though. I've only been up about 45 minutes :rofl But the house was a disaster so I tidied it up real quick and now I can stand to sit :lol

i so love this they are just amazing i hope to get started soon i have lots of left over yarn from other projects that i hope to start the all gods children one soon maybe tomorrow...

i so love this they are just amazing i hope to get started soon i have lots of left over yarn from other projects that i hope to start the all gods children one soon maybe tomorrow...

Welcome to the group! :hi Hope you love the saltines as much as we do :D

Welcome! We're glad you're here...Cara's patterns are wonderful! :manyheart

welcome pink ...may we call you Sylvia? we are all rather informal around here... we have several members in here from Texas including our wonderful designer and Happy House founder Cara.... enjoy the saltine making and beware .... IT IS VERY ADDICTING

I frogged a shawl I was working on and now have a bunch of plum yarn, I also have many skeins of lavendar and white... I think I'm going to do my BIC in those 3 colors... I've done several baby size ones but haven't have enough of one color to do a big one.. I needed a new saltine project...

well the Brewers just beat the Phillies so they go to game 4 ... now it is time for game 3 of the Dodgers and the Cubs.. Dodgers are ahead 2 games... it is best 3 out of 5 so Cubs need to win tonight or they are done for the season..

:eek I can't believe I forgot to post this here:

th_HPIM1397.jpg

I posted it in the SKY Cal but forgot to post it here... My second baby nine block is done and now I am moving on to another one (this one in purples and white). Friday was a bit too crazy. Hubby hurt his hand helping a friend chop wood. He broke the tip of his left index finger and needed some stitches too. He is wrapped up, has a brace on it and is in a sling for a while. I have been helping him get things done - amazing what you have trouble doing with a bunged up finger - tie your shoes, put on socks, do up pants...

Mary: I did up 10 more solids :yes

Happy Saturday, everyone. :autumn DH and I have worked in the yard all morning and now it's time to do some things inside. I've done a little fall decorating outside with a few pumpkins and mums...wish it felt more like October. :yes

Crochet time a bit later. I hope you all are having a great weekend. :hook

Morning Mary, sounds like you have had a busy day.

Welcome to the group, you will love making these saltines, they sure are addictive.

th_HPIM1397.jpg

I posted it in the SKY Cal but forgot to post it here... My second baby nine block is done and now I am moving on to another one (this one in purples and white). Friday was a bit too crazy. Hubby hurt his hand helping a friend chop wood. He broke the tip of his left index finger and needed some stitches too. He is wrapped up, has a brace on it and is in a sling for a while. I have been helping him get things done - amazing what you have trouble doing with a bunged up finger - tie your shoes, put on socks, do up pants...

Karen your ghan looks beautiful, sorry to hear about your DH.

welcome pink ...may we call you Sylvia? we are all rather informal around here... we have several members in here from Texas including our wonderful designer and Happy House founder Cara.... enjoy the saltine making and beware .... IT IS VERY ADDICTING

I frogged a shawl I was working on and now have a bunch of plum yarn, I also have many skeins of lavendar and white... I think I'm going to do my BIC in those 3 colors... I've done several baby size ones but haven't have enough of one color to do a big one.. I needed a new saltine project...

well the Brewers just beat the Phillies so they go to game 4 ... now it is time for game 3 of the Dodgers and the Cubs.. Dodgers are ahead 2 games... it is best 3 out of 5 so Cubs need to win tonight or they are done for the season..

Sorry you had to frog your shawl but those colours will look great for a BIC. :yes

Good Morning, Ladies. :autumn

Shelly, the colors sound really pretty for the BIC!

Hi Karen ~ Wow! Another darling baby ghan - I love the way you're bordering the nine patch with the light color squares. 10 more squares added. :hook

Okay, Judy is at least thinking about more saltines. :cheer;)

:hiWendy!

th_HPIM1397.jpg

Looks fabulous Karen :clap Hope DH is doing a bit better today :hug

Karen, your 9 patch is beautiful:clap! It has me thinking.....

Yeah, me too. Like I don't have enough to get done :lol

Hi :waving

I whine an awful lot about winter and the cold, but I have to admit that I rather like this season. The leaves, the crisp (but sunny!) days, the orange & yellow & gold decorative items, the smell of cinnamon and cloves in my kitchen... Yes, autumn is pretty wonderful :autumn

I have been reading along and keeping caught up all week, but I have not posted a whole lot, as I was not working on saltines. My youngest fell in love with the scarecrow finger puppets I made for her and my oldest DD, and she talked me into making them for all of the children in her class. Thankfully, there are only 10 students in the class. Now that those are safely delivered, I have renewed energy for the Double IC. Here's to making great progress on THAT this week :cheer

Mary -- 50 solids, please.

Youngest DD turns 4, today, and my oldest celebrates her golden birthday on Tuesday. Needless to say, we will be partying all week long. Last weekend, we took dinner and the birthday party down to my parents' house for the kick-off to birthday week. Yesterday, DH, daughters and I spent a grand day splashing and swimming at a waterpark. Tonight, homemade deep-dish pizza, herbed breadsticks and a flower-shaped cookie cake are on the menu. Between parties in the classrooms and the requested meals, I have been able to play in the kitchen quite a bit these past couple of days. I can hardly wait until tomorrow evening, when DH and I can finally give the girls their combined gifts to share. We have been planning them for weeks, and I just know the girls will get a kick out of them. We have had a lot of quality, fun family time, and it has been great. Two more days ... let the parties continue!

While the little 'uns are napping, I think I am going to pick up my yarn and join a couple of blocks.

I just love your 9-patch quilts, Karen, and I would love to make a couple for my mother's co-worker who is expecting twins in February. Very nice design! Would you mind?

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

Hi

I finnished the eight pocket carryall tote. :cheer:cheer

Will post photo later. :yes

Denise, what a huge accomplishment!! I remember when I made it for a gift...I STILL have the cotton to make my own:P

Archived