Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

well here goes nothing, i joined the cal and was doing the love letters quilt...

it was coming out great! i had about 350 "saltines" done :cheer

...i went into my closet to take out the bag to take pics, work on it a bit and post an update on here

and this is what i found... someone threw it out! :angry

not just the saltines i had finished but the yarn and the hook too! what monsters i live with!

i hope everyone is moving along nicely with their projects! :(

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well here goes nothing, i joined the cal and was doing the love letters quilt...

...i went into my closet to take out the bag to take pics, work on it a bit and post an update on here

not just the saltines i had finished but the yarn and the hook too! what monsters i live with!

Oh no! To quote a famous queen "Off with their heads!" Oh man, that bites. I'm sorry!

Oh off with their heads indeed!! :eek Oh you poor thing :hug I'd be looking for someone to beat :lol

oh believe me i am not happy...not at all. i am sitting here thinking what could have made someone so angry at a bag of yarn that they would toss it out. did it call someone a name? or make fun of someone in any way? like come on people its YARN! *sigh*

i called my mother and she said that when she went in the closet it wasnt in there and that it was most likely my brother or father.

i dont know what to do. start again? it seems like a waste...

how can i manage to keep my work out of disrespectful hands?

*sigh* this seems like a losing battle...

but thanks for your support everyone... i hope none of you ever have to deal with anything like this because let me tell you it makes your wrists ache just thinking about the time and energy that went into such things.

my new idea: hire a security guard for my yarn!

I kinda do. I have a kitty that likes to eat yarn. I was actually working on an afghan once, and the yarn was trailing down to the floor. After awhile, I realized Tasha was under there, so I thought I'd bring up the trailing part so she wouldn't chew on it. Too late. And those tails I left with all the color changes to weave in later? it wouldn't surprise me to find one day that some rows just unravelled. She chewed those too and some are less than 1/2" long!

OK, talking about bad gym things....

I've been going to the gym regularly, usually *with* HB, but he's out of town this week. Yesterday, I'm getting off the elliptical machines, walking across to where the free weights are, when I hear this amazingly loud moan a la "Debbie Does Dallas"... :eek

And then a few seconds later, ANOTHER.... "aaaaaah"

and another....

and another...

I look over, there is this peppy twenty-something using the pull-down machine and EVERY time she exerts herself, it sounds like she's "gettin' it on".... The ENTIRE gym stops what they're doing and had to see what was going on... this girl sounds exactly like she's working herself up to the ultimate .... with every single repetition of every exercise she does through her whole routine... thank GOODNESS for mp3 players, or I woulda been laughing so darned hard I wouldn't have been able to finish my workout.

I said to one of the "trainers" where I was... "I wish MY workout was that much fun!" ;)

Well, talk shears no sheep so guess I'd better get to it :hook

:lol I've never heard that saying...love it! Your IC is gorgeous. :cheer

Oh, I'm so sorry. :hug Please join us and start another ghan. :yes

Wow! Wow! Wow! My first "real" day here and I've already been inspired. I'm not a big fan of granny squares (in particular the piecing)... but I must say... I might just be born-again! :manyheart

My daughter just got home with the yarn. I'm going to attempt to make the Country Heart afghan for my mother for Christmas.

Day 1...

I've been going to the gym regularly, usually *with* HB, but he's out of town this week. Yesterday, I'm getting off the elliptical machines, walking across to where the free weights are, when I hear this amazingly loud moan a la "Debbie Does Dallas"... :eek

and another....

and another...

I look over, there is this peppy twenty-something using the pull-down machine and EVERY time she exerts herself, it sounds like she's "gettin' it on".... The ENTIRE gym stops what they're doing and had to see what was going on... this girl sounds exactly like she's working herself up to the ultimate .... with every single repetition of every exercise she does through her whole routine... thank GOODNESS for mp3 players, or I woulda been laughing so darned hard I wouldn't have been able to finish my workout.

I said to one of the "trainers" where I was... "I wish MY workout was that much fun!" ;)

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Here are the first seven blocks of my IC. :) The colors are TLC Medium Thyme, RHSS Windsor Blue and Aran. (clickable)

th_IrishChain001.jpg

Oh wow!! I love that! :clap

Wow! Wow! Wow! My first "real" day here and I've already been inspired. I'm not a big fan of granny squares (in particular the piecing)... but I must say... I might just be born-again! :manyheart

My daughter just got home with the yarn. I'm going to attempt to make the Country Heart afghan for my mother for Christmas.

Day 1...

C'mon in and pull up a seat :hook

and another....

and another...

:rofl :rofl

Day 1...

Welcome to the group, you will love making these little crackers and will become very addicted to them. Have fun with it and if you need any help just ask.:yes

I LOVE the pics you guys share of your quilt ghans!!! Keep them coming!!! :cheer:yay:cheer

Mary, please add 30 bi-colored saltines for me! Now I have all 266 done and will start piecing rows together again!

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone! :clap

Archived