Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Ladies, I have a question. I have crocheted for many years but have only recently made afghans with granny squares. I have never had a problem with the ends before, lately, they pop out and get fuzzy. What am I doing wrong? They stay nicely weaved in, it's just the tips that stick out. I am getting very frustrated :( I would love to hear any suggestions you all might have.

Hmm I think no matter what brand of yarn you use you will always have this issue no matter how good you weave it in eventually from washing its going to come loose a bit. The only thing I can suggest that will stop that is to put a very tiny bit of glue on the tip. Just a smidge and then the problem will be gone but it does mean more work. After you have finished the granny square and you leave a long tail, just dip the end in the glue, once dry you can weave in the tails.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. The second new washer since Friday seems to work fine and is much quieter. :D

15 more solid squares for me today. If I don't join some soon, I really will be drowning in squares. :lol

Wendy ~ Only three WIPS? :devil Then it's time for another quilt ghan. :yes

My daughter was browsing the web and found a site with crazy laws....

this one is especially for Wendy... in Alaska... Kangaroos are not allowed in barbershops at any time....

for those of you in Texas.... a recently passed anti-crime ordinance requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed... ..

also in Texas... it is legal to commit a homicide as long as you tell the person when and how you are you are going to kill them

In NY State.... a license must be obtained before hanging clothes out on a line

My daughter was browsing the web and found a site with crazy laws....

also in Texas... it is legal to commit a homicide as long as you tell the person when and how you are you are going to kill them

Man, this comes as close to allowing you to kill one "stupid" person a day/week (too close not to be tempting ;) ) I can't imagine a state passing that law.

Joyce

Mary, please add 138 solids to my total! I have a pic of my first six rows completed, but I can't figure out how to upload it here. It used to be super easy, so I thought? Any suggestions would be helpful, please?! :hook

Hmmm, think I could convince my brother to move to Texas? :D

Mary, please add 138 solids to my total! I have a pic of my first six rows completed, but I can't figure out how to upload it here. It used to be super easy, so I thought? Any suggestions would be helpful, please?! :hook

Do you have a photobucket account? If so, easiest is to upload to there. Then select the little check box by the picture, and at the bottom click on Generate HTML's. The third box down, I think, is the code for clickable images for message boards.

I am feeling really distressed at the moment. :eek I have just been accused of corrupting someone. :cry And not just by anyone, by the corruptee herself! :eek She says that she has never had so many WIP before and it is all MY fault. Well, we all got to be good at something, right? :devil Mine is encouraging the craft. :devil

I am feeling really distressed at the moment. :eek I have just been accused of corrupting someone. :cry And not just by anyone, by the corruptee herself! :eek She says that she has never had so many WIP before and it is all MY fault. Well, we all got to be good at something, right? :devil Mine is encouraging the craft. :devil

You wouldnt do something like that would you? I am absolutely shocked :D

Hmm I think no matter what brand of yarn you use you will always have this issue no matter how good you weave it in eventually from washing its going to come loose a bit. The only thing I can suggest that will stop that is to put a very tiny bit of glue on the tip. Just a smidge and then the problem will be gone but it does mean more work. After you have finished the granny square and you leave a long tail, just dip the end in the glue, once dry you can weave in the tails.

I thought about doing that but was afraid it would make the afghan scratchy. Have you done it and if so did you like the results?

Hi everyone. :)

Suzanne ~ 138 solids added! That is great progress and we're looking forward to pictures. :cheer

Tracy ~ who could possibly accuse you of corrupting them? Not our Tracy!;) Hmmm...I'm guessing either Denise or Wendy. :D

classic crochet ~ Hi. I've never tried glue, but there is a product called "Fray Check" which does about the same thing. I've used it on the ends of fringe to keep them from unraveling.

Tracy - well, the truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it? :devil

There's Krystal!! Where ya been? :hug

Well, my plan to sleep until noon didn't work out. But I did make it to 11 so it's a start ;)

Gotta get off here if I can actually pull myself away :lol Chores to do and then I'm gonna crochet all day :hook

Hi everyone. The second new washer since Friday seems to work fine and is much quieter. :D

15 more solid squares for me today. If I don't join some soon, I really will be drowning in squares. :lol

Wendy ~ Only three WIPS? :devil Then it's time for another quilt ghan. :yes

Mary Im glad the new washer is working ok. Yes the squares do add up if you dont keep the sewing part under control. I have more than 3 wips. Hmm let me see I have the IC, GT, Cat ghan, 2 butterfly quilts, shawler, scripture and the rainbow ghan.

Oh Tracy surely you arent corrupting anyone, I just dont believe it. :D

I thought about doing that but was afraid it would make the afghan scratchy. Have you done it and if so did you like the results?

Well I havent actually put glue on the tip of the tails before weaving them in as I havent really been too worried about them. Im sure just putting a smidge on the ends wont make the ghan scratchy.

Hi everyone. :)

Suzanne ~ 138 solids added! That is great progress and we're looking forward to pictures. :cheer

Tracy ~ who could possibly accuse you of corrupting them? Not our Tracy!;) Hmmm...I'm guessing either Denise or Wendy. :D

classic crochet ~ Hi. I've never tried glue, but there is a product called "Fray Check" which does about the same thing. I've used it on the ends of fringe to keep them from unraveling.

Me corrupting people, surely not. :D

Wendy is innocent, this time. :wink

:whew

:yes, I got caught out, but it was all in a good cause. :wink I got Denise :crocheting and being constructive. Now she is getting ready to do a few craft markets before Christmas. :devil

What are you all making for the craft markets.

Hi ladies. I have a pot of veggie soup simmering. It's too warm for soup, so I just cranked down the a.c. :lol

Hi Krystal!

Tracy, that is so neat that you and Denise can do crochet projects together. Wish we were closer-we could get into some serious trouble. ;)

I have the first seven blocks (5 x 5) joined! :cheer Finally making some progress...will try to take pictures tomorrow.

Hi to Wendy and Cara, too. :manyheart

Mary - another 33 solids for me.

And here is my scrap baby nine-block :manyheart I think it turned out pretty nice. Next one will be in shades of medium and dark pink. It took less than a week to make it working on it mainly in the evenings. It was "only" 169 saltines :lol tiny!!

th_HPIM1389.jpg

Mary - another 33 solids for me.

And here is my scrap baby nine-block :manyheart I think it turned out pretty nice. Next one will be in shades of medium and dark pink. It took less than a week to make it working on it mainly in the evenings. It was "only" 169 saltines :lol tiny!!

th_HPIM1389.jpg

Thats so cute!

Archived